PDA

View Full Version : 1968

slleipnir
02-23-2007, 11:56 AM
My dad's family had this dog many years ago. His name was Spooky. I believe it was my dad's sister who cared for him and I think it was more like her dog. Or maybe she found him, I don't really know.

Anyway, my dad found this letter from the vet office from 1968. It said this:

"On gross examination a round tumor about 4 inches in diameter was found in the mesentry. There was extreme passive congestion of the liver, extreme oedema of the lungs and some clear fluid in the chest cavity. The heart was large and slightly flabby. Examination of the heart revealed a left arterial-ventrical valve that was completely fibrosed. The vulvular opening was constricted to the degree that very little blood could pass through the valve" etc

I was thinking "wow, that poor dog!" but what I found kinda odd was my aunt died in a car accient, then the next day Spook died...It was almost like he was holding out for her or something. I'm sure it was only coincidence, but my dad said the dog was very close to my aunt...and with having all those problems I'm suprised he lived that long (he was pretty old)

Anyway, kinda pointless but I thought I'd share...

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 12:46 PM
My dad's family had this dog many years ago. His name was Spooky. I believe it was my dad's sister who cared for him and I think it was more like her dog. Or maybe she found him, I don't really know.

Anyway, my dad found this letter from the vet office from 1968. It said this:

"On gross examination a round tumor about 4 inches in diameter was found in the mesentry. There was extreme passive congestion of the liver, extreme oedema of the lungs and some clear fluid in the chest cavity. The heart was large and slightly flabby. Examination of the heart revealed a left arterial-ventrical valve that was completely fibrosed. The vulvular opening was constricted to the degree that very little blood could pass through the valve" etc

I was thinking "wow, that poor dog!" but what I found kinda odd was my aunt died in a car accient, then the next day Spook died...It was almost like he was holding out for her or something. I'm sure it was only coincidence, but my dad said the dog was very close to my aunt...and with having all those problems I'm suprised he lived that long (he was pretty old)

Anyway, kinda pointless but I thought I'd share...
ie - extreme congestive heart failure.. any stress can make it worse.
I am sorry... They are better at detecting that now.

BC_MoM
02-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow, that is spooky. But almost... beautiful at the same time.

Twisterdog
02-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Dogs know things, I swear. Don't know how, but they know.

I took my RB dog, Lacie, to the vet to be euthanized when it was her time. My boyfriend at the time said to me when I came home, "You should have seen these dogs today, I don't know what the problem was. At about three o'clock, they ALL started howling and howled for about five straight minutes and I could NOT shut them up. They've never done that before!" He had no idea that Lacie went to the bridge at 3:00. True story. Could have been coincidence, sure. But, honestly, the ONLY other time I've ever heard them all do one long extended group howl like that was when Sadie, our RB basset, died the year before in the house. :confused:

1968 was a VERY good year, BTW ... the year I was born. :D

pitc9
02-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Wow, I got chills after reading that!
Wonderful story!

Twisterdog.... I got chills as well after reading your story too!
I couldn't agree more about animals knowing things...

Little over a year ago my aunt died at her home and we all were there at the house with her. She has 1 McCaw and 2 other African type parrots.
The nurse came into the living room (where we all were, along with the birds) and told us all she would be passing very soon and suggested us all to say our final goodbye. The birds had been quite as normal all night and after we came back in the living room from saying our final goodbye we let her husband be with alone as she passed. Out of no where the birds went into a screaming frenzy... flapping around in their cages etc. Then... the nurse came out to tell us she was gone. Needless to say, we were all speechless and knew that they knew she was gone.

All animals know more than most people give them credit for.