PDA

View Full Version : 23 Pounds Later!!

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
HOLY COW.. ( DOING the congo.. lol..) I would not suggest someone going this route- but it worked for me.
I started to gain 20 pounds starting late last summer to december. My doctor said it was from a thyroid problem that was occuring from a " messed up hormone system".. Well since my last and final surgery in December- I went from a size 10 back down to a.. ( drum rollll please) SIZE 6!!!
It feels great to wear jeans I have not worn since last summer.. ( doing the congo!!!) I know this sounds stupid- but it sure did help me feel great to try them on just for the heck of it! ( the dogs are dancing around with my congo- they think its cookie time.. lol.. duh no guys.. lol.. )
I am not a tall woman - more average at 5'6.. But that sure did help- and now I am having a " fat pants" throw out party!!!

Husky_mom
02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
COngrats!!.....I sure could loose a few pounds.......weell not that few but still.....

sprokett
02-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Congrats!!!

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Well- I wouldn't suggest the method that had to take place- but its nice to see " the old me" in the mirror..

RedHedd
02-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Conga-Rats! Size 6 feels good, doesn't it? :)

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Conga-Rats! Size 6 feels good, doesn't it? :)
ITS AMAZING! I feel like I did before all this stuff happened- but better.. Now - if I only had somewhere to go.. hmmmmm...

Lobodeb
02-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Congratulations!!!! You better be careful with all the popcorn that Dr. Goodnow has been popping lately. :p Just make sure it's butter free. I'm kidding.

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Congratulations!!!! You better be careful with all the popcorn that Dr. Goodnow has been popping lately. :p Just make sure it's butter free. I'm kidding.
Well virtual popcorn doesnt add weight but it sure does make you laugh.. lol..

Scooter's Mom
02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Congratulations!

I wish my fat pants were a slim size 10... lol. *sigh*

Crystal

Lobodeb
02-23-2007, 11:23 PM

DITTO!!! LOL!

Twisterdog
02-24-2007, 12:00 AM

NO kidding! Size 10 would be WAY skinny pants for me!!

jackie
02-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Congrats!

borzoimom
02-24-2007, 08:27 AM
I am just glad to " have me back".. No matter what I did those months- the weight would not go back down. I was relieved to see it was thyroid triggered by the hormone system- but that still didnt help how I felt about myself when I looked in the mirror..
I am hoping the weight change will make it easier for the metal plate in my left leg, and the bad knee in the right cope better to SHOW MY OWN DOGS in the ring again.. Just not sure yet if I can keep up with Zubin especially on uneven ground- but I am sure going to try... ;) Although I trained zubin and Galina, I use one part of the yard or the front driveway or a parking lot to do it. Zubin tends to be more of a clown and not as serious. Although he is has fun in training- they are supposed to look " dignified and regel" in the ring ... And I get " I LOVE YOU MOM!!" LOL..

Kalei
02-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Yay! congrats! I bet you must feel sooo good:D I'm glad that you were able to lose that weight for yourself:)