PDA

View Full Version : A (sort of) medical question.

davidpizzica
02-22-2007, 11:43 PM
To all of you medical people at PT. Does a lot of itching mean that my ribs are healing? It seems like when I fractured my ribs my back seems like it's real itchy. I seem to recall that itchiness means they are healing. Am I wrong?

Sirrahsim
02-23-2007, 08:39 AM
I have never broken a major bone but I know that other small wounds that I have had have itched as they healed... have you tried googling it? :) Sounds like a good sign to me!!

Sirrahsim
02-23-2007, 08:40 AM
From a wikipedia article about healing:
It is interesting to note that some itching may accompany the healing process in the affected area.

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 09:06 AM
From a wikipedia article about healing:
It is interesting to note that some itching may accompany the healing process in the affected area.
Hmm.. I am finding this interesting. When I broke my leg- it itched too. At first I thought it was the 3 casts it got with dry skin- but even after it was and in a splint, it did as well.. And no sign of "dry skin". My orthopedic doctor gave me a perscription cream to put on it.

davidpizzica
02-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I'll be googling it, but sounds like it's normal to itch with trauma like mine. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.