PDA

View Full Version : RIP Boosh

ComedyDevil
02-22-2007, 05:52 PM
A beautiful dog on another forum I visit had to be PTS last night because of a tragic accident. I thought he deserved a place on here, both as a tribute to him and a warning to other people (though this really was a freak accident). Boosh was a rescue, his owner had only had him a few weeks. Such a handsome boy :(

Crossposted from the other forum.

It was so horrible. We had just got back from a walk and we left Boosh at home and popped to the supermarket. He had pooed in the bedroom earlier on that day so my OH had opened the window to air the room and forgotten to close it. Our bedroom is on the 3rd floor of a very tall house. When we came home we found Boosh in the garden. He was still alive but in loads of pain and dragging his back half. I couldnt work out how he had got there as the back door had been closed. When I looked up I saw that the window was open. The stupid thing is that there is no way he could have accidently fallen out of the window, he must have seen something and jumped.

When we went up to the bedroom it was clear to see that he had taken a run up across the bed and jumped out of the window. It was such a tragic accident. My OH feels so guilty for leaving the window open but Boosh was not the sort of dog who would do such a strange and stupid thing.

Its so horrible. I do feel that he must have felt he needed to go and took it into his own hands to leave.
Its amazing that the fall didnt kill him instantly. When we went to the vets and they x-rayed him they said that he had severed his spine very badly and that he was paralysed. You cant imagine how awful it was to hear that. He was is loads of pain and the vet said that all we could do would be to put him to sleep.

Its just so hard to deal with as we were only out at the shops for 10 minutes and I just dont know why he did it.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q316/claireyloutaylor/Picture025.jpg

RIP Boosh :(

dukedogsmom
02-23-2007, 02:00 PM
So very sad :( I know they must feel horribly guilty. Boosh, I hope you're happy and carefree now. You have your forever home.

Daisy and Delilah
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Rest in Peace Boosh. Play hard and live pain free at the bridge sweetheart :( How incredibly sad :(

pitc9
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow.... how horrible!
RIP Boosh, run free.

blue girl
02-23-2007, 06:33 PM
How tragic for Boosh's family :( Although the story is sad, it is indeed a lesson for us all. Rest in peace sweet boy and know that you will live forever in the hearts of your dear family.

luvofallhorses
02-23-2007, 07:30 PM
how tragic! :( my thoughts and prayers are with Boosh's family. rest in peace, Boosh. :( atleast he knew what a family was all about before he left. he was sooo handsome. :(

chocolatepuppy
02-23-2007, 07:45 PM
That is so, so sad. :(

Sudilar
02-28-2007, 10:06 AM
What a horrible tragedy. RIP, Boosh. I am so sorry. Hugs.