PDA

View Full Version : Weird Question about Mocha??

critter crazy
02-22-2007, 02:47 PM
I have found that Mocha loves to be groomed, which is great, cause I have managed to get all of the matts out of her fur. Earlier today I was grooming her, and just feeling her all over, and Noticed that she seems to have a flabby belly! Not her whole stomache, just a section of it towards her hind legs. Just a section where her skin is realy flabby and hangs down. It was just realy weird! What causes this?? She is 6 months old, and dosent seem fat. Just weird I guess? Never seen anything like it before?:confused:

smokey the elder
02-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Is she spayed? Some of my cats have the same "udder".

critter crazy
02-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Is she spayed? Some of my cats have the same "udder".
no she is not spayed yet, I am waiting till she is 100% healthy,she is just getting over a horrible URI. I am hoping around the first of next month to get her spayed.

Catlady711
02-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Don't worry about that underbelly 'dingle dangle'. It's not an indication of being fat or having been fat. It's just a genetic thing some cats have. Several of my cats have it including ones that have never been overweight at all. My boss has a couple cats with it, including one that's rather on the thin side. It's just the way some cats are built.

critter crazy
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Phewww...I guess i was just freaked Case i had never seen anything like it before! Thanks!

KitCat
02-23-2007, 10:00 AM
If you see a nature show with big cats, they have a loose belly like that, it's natural.

smokey the elder
02-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Tictac, Moby and Smokey all have that "udder", even though TicTac is a boy(!)

critter crazy
02-23-2007, 10:35 AM
He he he he he he! I find it quite cute now! :D

RedHedd
02-23-2007, 12:36 PM
:D We call that the "flubby" here. The only one who doesn't have one is Mitzi; she's just round all over. :D