PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had someone charged?

king2005
02-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Remember I'm in Canada.

About 11:30pm Monday, on the 401 in Brockville Ontario. A Trucker thought it was funny to tailgate us, then flip on his high beems blinding us, while he passed us. He played this game about 3-4 times (wasn't keeping count, was too busy trying not to get hit by him or drive off the road!). After he was bored with us he tailgatted a trucker & nearly hit him!! He was all over the road & scaring the hell out of us.

Chad dialed 911 to report him... the OPP came & pulled the trucker over. The officer said the trucker was tailgatting him so thats proof right there we weren't lying.. He asked if we wanted to press charges & we both said yes. High beems are NOT a toy, he could have killed us! If there was a turn, I would never had been able to slow down enough to avoid a turn at 100km/hr & to avoid being rear ended by the trucker.

I was a reck & didn't do too well when trying to talk to the officer, I think mostly jibberish came out & I looked like a retard :(

The officer called Chad yesterday & the court date is in 2 weeks...

I'm sooo stressed over this & have no idea what I'm suppose to do. Am I suppose to get a lawyer too or what? I just want it all to go away

Reachoutrescue
02-22-2007, 09:44 AM
I am not sure if you need a lawyer or not. You can call for a free consoltaiton (sorry can't spell today!), it won't hurt to ask. Good luck in court....you did the right thing. That must of been scary...I am glad you and Chad are okay. Don't be too stressed, like I said you did the right thing, and it will all be over soon. Chin up!!

Muddy4paws
02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Your life is so eventful.. :confused:

Sounds like you need to move out into another area.

king2005
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Your life is so eventful.. :confused:

Sounds like you need to move out into another area.

Its a 400 series HWY there are thousands of idiot drivers on it.. I always run into several of them, but its rare to run into one that likes to play games like this... usually its cutting me off & forcing me into other traffic... I have also called the police on idiot drivers all the time, never needed to charge those ones as an official verbal warning was good enough (goes onto thier record so other officers can see they have already been warned & can take higher measures if there is a next time)... Ignoring idiot drivers isn't helping society at all, its putting society at possible harm... there was a reason I wanted to become a cop, I wanted to be a traffic cop as so many rules & laws are ignored & people do die from it. I'm a supporter of MADD & have that stuff all over my car.

Sorry I get involved in good & it happeneds to interupt my daily life, but I'd rather try to help, then sit & watch another person die... seen & cleaned too much blood already in my short life :(

Laura's Babies
02-22-2007, 12:16 PM
You just may have saved someone elses life further down the road and DON'T you dare chicken out of going to court... the next time he may actually kill someone, could you live with that?

Catty1
02-22-2007, 12:25 PM
I have been on the 400 series of highways around Toronto and to Ottawa...you can believe Jess on this one for sure!!!! :D

king2005
02-22-2007, 12:43 PM
You just may have saved someone elses life further down the road and DON'T you dare chicken out of going to court... the next time he may actually kill someone, could you live with that?

I'm not going to chicken out, I'm just gonna be a reck, until its over...

Heck no, thats why I always do my part as a good citizen!! It was 2 winters ago when I lived in Ottawa with my ex. We ever so gently pulled over a BAD driver.. he was very old & it was time his car was taken away from him... We had 4+ OPP cars finally track us down.. All of the officers (there was about 6+ in total) came up to our car & thanked us. We asked them to be nice to the old man, we're 100% positive its an age thing. We made darn sure the officers were going to arrange a safe ride for them to get home, other wise we would pay for their cab to insure their safety & other drivers.

Back in 2001 or 2002 a lady didn't stop & drove right into a large truck (I think it was a dump truck).. My ex did everything he could to try to help, but all he could do was hold her limp body. He called me all screwed up over it & I had to talk to him through his whole work shift as it bothered him, esp being covered in her blood... When he got home I stirpped him & spent a long time cleaning off the blood on his clothing.

2-3 summers ago We witnessed a car do everything in its powers to break for a deer... they hit it & pulled over... We stopped right behind the deer, so a car wouldn't accidently hit it & loose control... We stood & watched the deer squirm & bleed all over the place. We were all nearly in tears & prayed it would die faster... My ex & the husband dragged the poor thing off the road... We then helped the husband look over his car for damage, reinsurred them both that we saw them slow for the herd, & then the little one came out of no where & they had no option but to hit it.. We conforted them, let them relax a little & then sent them on their way...

Sure the law might not have been involved, but talking to someone & keeping them calm when disstraught really helps them, esp when they are driving.

I could never live with someones blood on my hands that I could have prevented. I stood infront of a loaded pistol last year trying to get my ex to snap back into reality... He kept it pointing at my face while yelling at me to move. I didn't know these people & I put their lives first... I cound never live with myself if I didn't try to stop or prevent something horrible from happening.

In 2001 I ran up to a burning house pounding on the doors with everything I had cause I knew the couple were in there.

3 halloweens ago I took charge when our store was being robbed with a guy with a knife.. I made sure all the customers & employees were safe.

I've always tried to do my part, I'm no chicken.

Glacier
02-22-2007, 12:58 PM
You don't need to get a lawyer. The Crown Prosecuter is your lawyer and will be in touch with you just before the case goes to court.

king2005
02-22-2007, 12:59 PM
You don't need to get a lawyer. The Crown Prosecuter is your lawyer and will be in touch with you just before the case goes to court.

Thats good to hear, less to worry about