PDA

View Full Version : **Port Charlotte, Florida**

elizabethann
02-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Florida PTers, how is the weather in Florida? Does anybody live in or near Port Charlotte? I'm going there next week and I need to know what to pack. Can I pack my bathing suit?

Also, what types of things are there to do in and around Port Charlotte?

Thank you!

Daisy and Delilah
02-22-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure where Port Charlotte is but I can tell you about the weather. It should be consistent highs in the mid to upper 70's and lows in the low to mid 50's(for the next week). This is what I found the last time I checked the NOAA.

When coming to Florida, bring a variety of clothes. We switch from pants to shorts, shorts to pants, all the time. It's usually pretty warm, with the sun, during the day and cool at night. You'll need a light jacket or sweater for that. I would bring the bathing suit if I were you. Coming from up north, you'll probably find it warm enough to swim in some places comfortably(alot of the pools here are heated). I hope you enjoy your trip!! Let us know how it went. :)

gemini9961
02-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Port Charlotte is on the west coast of Florida. I concur with Terry in that bringing a variety of clothes is the best option. What is cold for us in Florida might be warm for people from up north. Yes, bring the swim suit just in case you need it. I can tell you that I rarely use my swim suit this early in the year but you might find a use for it. As for things to do down there I am not real sure since it's a good 3 hour drive from me. You're a little ways away from the typical FL things like Disney but it's do-able. I hope you have fun with whatever you decide to do.

areias
02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Port Charlotte is about 5 degrees warmer than where I am. It's generally been warm during the day, and chilly at night. It's about...ohhh an hour and a half south of me. What are you doing down there?

elizabethann
02-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Port Charlotte is about 5 degrees warmer than where I am. It's generally been warm during the day, and chilly at night. It's about...ohhh an hour and a half south of me. What are you doing down there?

We'll actually be flying to Tampa.

One of my brothers moved to Port Charlotte last summer so we are going down to visit him and his family.

I don't know if he even knows if there are fun things to do there (except hit the bars :D ). So that's why I thought some PTers might know of stuff to do.

Thanks y'all.

KitCat
02-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Bring a little of everything. You would think it was warm but there are some cooler days here and there.

Kfamr
02-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Are you bringing Fenway?

I know what to do in FL - meet up with us other PT'ers. ;)

elizabethann
02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Are you bringing Fenway?

I know what to do in FL - meet up with us other PT'ers. ;)

No. Fenway is staying with his Auntie. I will miss him terribly. I get all depressed when I think about it. I'll miss my cats too.

I would love to meet other PTers but I will only be in Florida for 4 days.

Perhaps the next time I go down, I can make it a longer trip and plan on meeting Florida PTers and their pets. That would be fun.

:)