PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Weird..? *dogs dying*

Toby's my baby
02-22-2007, 07:14 AM
I didn't really know if I should post this or not, but there has been a lot of dog deaths around here it seems like. In the past 2 weeks, my aunt and uncles Schnauzer Rylie got sick one night and threw up, and the next morning, he was gone. Emma's lab Digger passed away. My friend Taly's dog passed away. My friend Paige's lab is really sick at the moment, and my other aunt and uncles poodle Snickers died yesterday.
Is there something around here that is killing all these dogs, or do a lot of people dogs die like this and I just haven't been effected by it before? I'm really concerned about my own dogs, just waking up one morning and they are gone.

:confused:

borzoimom
02-22-2007, 07:33 AM
hmmm.. Anyone use mice poison around the house? I am trying to think of things people would put down at a certain time of year.
What ice remover are they using? Some are seriously toxic.. And paw pads will soak up what they walk on..
If the dogs were older- winter is a hard time on the senior dog-.. But it doesnt sound like to me, because of your shock, this is the case.

Freedom
02-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Maybe antifreeze? If a car is leaking and they are licking that, it can be fatal.

I hope your dogs will be OK.

elizabethann
02-22-2007, 07:45 AM
You should call your local animal shelter or even the local news station or newspaper to see if there are other reports of dogs dying in the area.

Sorry about your family & friends pups.

BorderColliez
02-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Hmmm....antifreeze, mice poisoning? Sounds like the symptoms of either one......

I hope your pups stay ok...

king2005
02-22-2007, 02:05 PM
isn't there a deadly dog flu going around?

applesmom
02-22-2007, 03:01 PM
I didn't really know if I should post this or not, but there has been a lot of dog deaths around here it seems like. In the past 2 weeks, my aunt and uncles Schnauzer Rylie got sick one night and threw up, and the next morning, he was gone. Emma's lab Digger passed away. My friend Taly's dog passed away. My friend Paige's lab is really sick at the moment, and my other aunt and uncles poodle Snickers died yesterday.
Is there something around here that is killing all these dogs, or do a lot of people dogs die like this and I just haven't been effected by it before? I'm really concerned about my own dogs, just waking up one morning and they are gone.

:confused:

Do all of these dogs live in the same neighborhood? Did they all die in the same manner? How old are they? Did they have known health problems? What did they all have in common?

Find the answers to these questions and any others you can think of and you should be able to figure out if it's coincidence or not.

jackie
02-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Do all of these dogs live in the same neighborhood? Did they all die in the same manner? How old are they? Did they have known health problems? What did they all have in common?

Find the answers to these questions and any others you can think of and you should be able to figure out if it's coincidence or not.

Yup, it could just be unfortunate coincidences. I am very sad to hear about your friend's/family's dogs though, but I am sure you have nothing to be worried about.

Toby's my baby
02-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Well, we live out in the country, well most of us. Digger lived about 20 miles from me, Otis about 8, Rylie about 6, Snickers about 4, not sure about Taly's dog.. Some were older dogs, some young. They were all different, they really didn't have anything on common with each other at all. Hopefully (but sadly) it is just a coincidence and nothing that is going around the area. I think I'll call the vets or something and see if there has been anything strange..

momto2dogs
02-22-2007, 05:02 PM
That is weird that you would post this thread. My sister and I were talking the other day about the same issue. In the last three weeks she has known 4 dogs that have died, some old and one just died not sick or anything. I told her this time of year is hard on animals and humans. I live in MN also, but in the cities. My sister lives in the northern suburbs. If I am right you live more south.

Toby's my baby
02-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I live in MN also, but in the cities. My sister lives in the northern suburbs. If I am right you live more south.

Wow that is odd. Actually I live WAY far north, about 60 miles from the Canadian border, kind of by Grand Forks, North Dakota, if you know where that is..?