PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Pages : [1] 2

sparks19
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Anyone watch it this week? it was the first week of the "real" part of the show.

I was very disappointed with last night... the guy's performances.

But tonight was a totally different story. Most of the girls were great.... some were phenomenal. I especially like LaKisha and Melinda. They were just awesome. I think the "weakest links" were really exposed tonight.

it will be a little tougher to decide which guy should go home since I didn't really find any of them that great. but I did like the one guy that has the blonde spikey hair (I can't remember his name but he kinda sounds like Bono or Sting) Also Chris the guy with the Afro that kinda looks like a muppet he was pretty good... not his best performance but he's really funny and I really like his personality.

Daisy and Delilah
02-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I thought last night was very disappointing. The whole show was pretty boring. The guy you're talking about sparks, I think his name is Blake. He was my favorite. The girls were much better tonight. Several of them just blew me away. I enjoyed it tonight.

There are so many bad ones, it's hard to say who will be heading home tomorrow :(

Laura's Babies
02-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I agree with the guys performance last night, most didn't do anythig but bore me. Only several had really good voices but tonight they had some that also blew me away. Lakisha, that 17 year old girl and that other black girl really outdid themselves tonight.. I did find a couple of those girls sounded like they hit a lot of wrong notes and were singing out of breath.

pitc9
02-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Lakisha R-O-C-K-E-D!!! :eek: :eek:
Jordan Sparks and Melinda Doolittle were good as well!

Antonella Needs to GO!!

RedHedd
02-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Lakisha R-O-C-K-E-D!!! :eek: :eek:
Antonella Needs to GO!! I totally agree. The first gal was terrific too - Stephanie?

Flatcoatluver
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
I agree Antonella Needs to GO!!
I like the mother, I can't remember her name and I also like Melinda and Jordan.

pitc9
02-23-2007, 09:27 AM
For the most part I agreed with who was sent home last night, but I think Antonella should have gone home before Amy.

Oh well... there's always next time! I can only hope that she goes home next week!
:D

sparks19
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
For the most part I agreed with who was sent home last night, but I think Antonella should have gone home before Amy.

Oh well... there's always next time! I can only hope that she goes home next week!

I know.... I was shocked. Even though Amy's performance wasn't outstanding it was definately miles ahead of Antonellas lol.

dogzr#1
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM
I didn't watch the girls but I watched the boys. Most of them weren't that good at all. Blake as a really good singer and I think that he was the only guy that stood out for me. I liked Chris (poofy haired Chris) but this time he didn't really sing all that great. I am also a fangirl of Senjiya (sp?) but yeah, he didn't sing well AT ALL but I just looove his hair! :p I'm glad the guys that left did leave.

For the girls I really liked the girl with red in her hair. I have NO idea what her name is but I just really like her in general. And I loved the special guest appearance of Fantasia! I think this season is going to be a really good one! They are all very good, or most of them and the ones that are going to be left in the top 12 are going to be REALLY good. I have absolutely no idea who is going to be the winner! As we get further into the season I think I'll have a better idea though. :D

xcolbi
02-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I missed the results show. Can anyone tell me who got eliminated? :)

RedHedd
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
So who do you think is going home tonight? The girls ROCKED! Love Melinda, Lakisha and Stephanie; Melinda just might win this thing!

As for the boys, I loved Blake and Chris. I really like Sanjaya too, but his vocals weren't too strong this week. I hope he stays; he may be very young, but he sure is easy on this old gal's eyes! ;)

pitc9
03-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I missed seeing the boys the other night... :(
I watched last night and Lakisha, Sabrina, Melinda and Stephanie Rocked!

I hope I hope I Hoooooooope Antonella goes home tonight, she is not even close to being any sort of competition for those girls!!
I think Haley will be the other girl to go home.

I'm so sad I missed the boys! I heard my boy Blake did good! :D

.sarah
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't think Antonella is leaving anytime soon. I don't know if anyone has heard but there are semi-nude pictures of her circulating around the internet, and she is "hot" ... I bet she got a lot of votes last night just based on looks and those pictures. I HOPE I'm wrong, but that's what I think. I do not think she is a good singer.

I think Haley is leaving, and the girl with the strawberry blonde hair ... I can't remember her name. I missed most of the show last night but watching the replay it looked like most of them did a good job. I did see the last four perform and those are the two that I remember not being good. They were the 8th and 9th performers.

Daisy and Delilah
03-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Does anybody think that Haley is getting treated unfairly or is it just me? I thought she was pretty good both weeks and they've been treating her like she can't sing at all. In my opinion, there are a couple of others much worse than her that need to go first. I think Melinda could definitely win the whole thing. Some of those girls can really blow the roof off the place!! As far as the guys, there are some really good ones there too. I thought Sundance improved 100%. :)

I agree that Antonella won't be going too soon. Her internet photos are all over the place. Sarah, you're right, she can't sing at all. :(

joanofark
03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
For the girls I like Gina and the red head (I don't remember her name).
I looooove Sanjaya's smile, he's so cute.
But Vocal-wise I really, really like Blake and Chris Sligh.

sirrahbed
03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
LOVE this show!! :D My very favorite is Melinda - the girl who had been a background singer. Part of it is her sweetness I think - but mainly that every note sounds so beautiful and professional.

My favorite guy is Blake - the spiky haired guy that does the "beat-boxing" I think that is what they called it :rolleyes:

I heard that Antonella story too and I just do not like her anyway. I don't know if it is her personality or does she just not sing that well? It really is hard for me to keep personality out of it but then, that is important right? I watched the auditions and just did not like her or her best friend that also auditioned - I feel like they caused a girl I really liked to be eliminated - her name was Bailey and she was from Texas.

I am really curious if Antonella will get more votes because of the publicity? I mean, I imagine lots of guys will want to keep her around but I am also thinking more females vote ;)

RedHedd
03-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I loved Bailey and was sad when she was eliminated; and YES, that red-headed gal was great last night - I voted for her too.

pitc9
03-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Ugh... Antonella is STILL on! :rolleyes: :mad:
That girls has GOT to go! She can't sing at ALL!!
I wish America would cast votes for the right reason, how well a person SINGS! NOT what they look like!

I was shocked AJ was given the boot last night! Sanjaya should have gone home, he has not sounded good at all!

Daisy and Delilah
03-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Ugh... Antonella is STILL on! :rolleyes: :mad:
That girls has GOT to go! She can't sing at ALL!!
I wish America would cast votes for the right reason, how well a person SINGS! NOT what they look like!

I was shocked AJ was given the boot last night! Sanjaya should have gone home, he has not sounded good at all!

Last night was pretty obvious that we have people voting for looks instead of singing ability. At one point, I said to myself that maybe I'll just stop watching this show because of this. We all saw how shocked Sanjaya was himself. Even Paula was upset.

I didn't care for Alaina but I thought her singing wasn't all that bad. We never know what might happen :(

pitc9
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
We all saw how shocked Sanjaya was himself. Even Paula was upset.

Ditto! He knew he should have gone home!

prechrswife
03-02-2007, 09:25 AM
I agree that Sanjaya and Antonella should have gone home. I hope they don't keep better singers out of the top 12.

xcolbi
03-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I really don't like Antonella. For one thing, she can't sing. But I find she's a snob. I mean during Hollywood week, she was the one who backstabbed Bailey. I thought that was pretty mean. I haven't liked her since.

pitc9
03-02-2007, 11:14 AM
I really don't like Antonella. For one thing, she can't sing. But I find she's a snob. I mean during Hollywood week, she was the one who backstabbed Bailey. I thought that was pretty mean. I haven't liked her since.

I'm so glad someone else saw that too!!!
I was so mad at Antonella and her friend for doing that to Bailey!! :mad:

sparks19
03-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Does anybody think that Haley is getting treated unfairly or is it just me? I thought she was pretty good both weeks and they've been treating her like she can't sing at all. In my opinion, there are a couple of others much worse than her that need to go first. I think Melinda could definitely win the whole thing. Some of those girls can really blow the roof off the place!! As far as the guys, there are some really good ones there too. I thought Sundance improved 100%. :)

I agree that Antonella won't be going too soon. Her internet photos are all over the place. Sarah, you're right, she can't sing at all. :(

I think Haley's problem was her attitude. I mean everyone knows what Simon is like but at least you can take what he says as truth. He is honest.... he doesn't sugar coat it.... and every week she got up there and gave him attitude with his response. I think that really ruined it for her. No one makes it big by being coddled and placated and she couldn't handle the criticism. I had a feeling she was going home. I am not a big fan of the girl with the red hair either... I just don't think she is that good. BUT Antonella should have been the first girl to go home on the first show.

I felt bad for Antonella during the auditions because her "best friend" was not a very good friend to her... but I have changed my opinion.

Sanjaya..... He was definately the weak singer. I am shocked that AJ went home... but I really do love Sanjaya. He just seems like such a sweet boy and after hearing his audition I KNOW he can really sing.... I think he is just scared. After seeing his reaction to AJ going home you can see that he is a good boy. I really hope he gets a chance to come out of his shell and sing like we know he can. But I really liked AJ the night before. But I wasn't really a big fan of Nick.... I agreed with Simon... the drummer was the most entertaining during his performance... he was GREAT.

I am really impressed with their band... that takes some talent being able to play such a wide variety of songs the way they do.

Catsnclay
03-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Antonella is getting exactly what she came to Hollywood for - attention.

It is truly sad when a young, good looking woman feels she has to pose for pictures with her clothes off for exposure and to get her 15 minutes of fame.

I truly think America (and Randy & Simon) is being blinded by her beauty rather than her voice.

I wouldn't trust that little girl for anything, she is stabbing anyone who will get in her way - you can see that the other girls don't care for her. You don't think she took those pictures knowing that she was going to try out for this??? And then when she makes it to the final 24 - there they are up on the internet??? I may be old, but I'm sure not stupid. This whole ordeal was planned from the very beginning to get her noticed in Hollywood, and sadly it is working.

Once she is kicked off of AI, I will bet she will show up on Playboy. :rolleyes:

RedHedd
03-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Once she is kicked off of AI, I will bet she will show up on Playboy. :rolleyes: I read somewhere today and Hef can't wait! Said, isn't it?

elizabethann
03-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I read somewhere today and Hef can't wait! Said, isn't it?

I thought the same thing...Playboy here she comes. She'll be famous - but not for her voice. Only in America! :D

I hope Nakeesha wins (I think that's how you spell it).

lisalee
03-03-2007, 03:23 PM
My favorites are Jordin and Lakisha for the girls and for the boys I like Sundance and Jared. Although, Chris Sligh is pretty good too.

A lot of them were not very good at all this year and I'm glad that a few of them are gone now. I don't really know how some of them even made it to the finals.

krazyaboutkatz
03-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I agree that Sanjaya and Antonella should have gone home. I hope they don't keep better singers out of the top 12.
I agree.:) I thought that Antonella should've gone home last week.

sparks19
03-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Well?!

Anyone as shocked as I was at some of the results last night?

Finally Antonella is gone... woohoo. But I can't believe they kept Sanjaya and sent Sundance home and I can't believe they kept Haley and sent Sabrina home. Shocked.

Did you guys hear about the benefit Idol is having in April? I'm sure it's more of a gimmick to get more ratings but they will be helping a lot of people and I think that is great. They have been so fortunate and made so much money I am glad they are finally doing something to help others :D

elizabethann
03-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I can't believe Sanjaya is in the top 12. I thought Sundance was far better than him. I too wish Sabrina was in the top 12. The only one I was happy about was Antonella.

I thought this big announcement was going to be huge (like only 1 vote per person or household - something like that).

The fund raiser is great, don't get me wrong. But the way they were saying "tune in Thursday night for something never done on AI before - it's groundbreaking!"

But, all for ratings.

My favorites are Nakeesha and Belinda Doolittle. I love her last name!

Taz_Zoee
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Well?!

Finally Antonella is gone... woohoo. But I can't believe they kept Sanjaya and sent Sundance home and I can't believe they kept Haley and sent Sabrina home. Shocked.

Did you guys hear about the benefit Idol is having in April? I'm sure it's more of a gimmick to get more ratings but they will be helping a lot of people and I think that is great. They have been so fortunate and made so much money I am glad they are finally doing something to help others :D

I 100% (as Simon would say) agree with you on this. I had predicted the four that would go home, and the first half of the show I was right!!
The last I was completely shocked and irritated!!
I had also predicted Haley and Sanjaya to go. Sabrina was one of my favorites of the girls. And although Sundance had a bad performance this week, I thought he was WAY better than Sanjaya. Sanjaya totally ruined John Mayer's song. He is just not a very powerful singer.

It's times like this that I really thing the whole thing is rigged. :(

Daisy and Delilah
03-09-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm agree with what's been said so far. Why is Sanjaya still there? I guess it's because he's a heart throb. I feel sure that all the people that are voting for him probably think he can't sing either-they just think he's cute.

I only caught the very end of the show as I came in the door so I missed the announcement. What was that about? What was Haley's reaction when she got to stay? I thought Sabrina was a great singer. I expected to see her in the final 5 or 6. I still can't believe she's gone.

Sometimes, I think the show is rigged too because of the unlikely outcome. I think it's just because the people that are relentlessly dialing in to vote are voting for reasons other than singing ability. It's sad. I can only hope that someone sees the ones that get kicked off and contact them for a record deal.

I pick Melinda Dolittle to win but I have never been right yet so we'll see ;) In my opinion, she should already be recording. This show seems to be out of her league. She's above it. I think Simon said something like that the other night. It's really true.

sparks19
03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
The big news was that on April 24 their sponsors will donate money for each vote cast by america to children living in poverty in America and Africa. Then the next night they are having a big show with a bunch of celebs and people can call in to make their own donations. Plus Ford is going to be donating some money ... something to do with their Idol commercials but they said more details to come.

I agree that it probably is just for ratings... BUT they are doing a good thing so I don't really care. I mean REALLY they don't need to do this for ratings.... their ratings are already through the roof. I am glad they are finally giving something back even if it's selfish reasons... I'm sure those kids don't care what the underlying reasons are.

RedHedd
03-09-2007, 11:01 AM
My favorites are Nakeesha and Belinda Doolittle. I love her last name! I think you mean Lakisha and Melinda Doolittle - they're my favorites along with Stephanie.

I was shocked that Sabrina was let go; it should have been Haley. Sundance wasn't my favorite. I kind of like Sanjaya - he's a cutie; but his vocals just aren't strong enough to last too much longer.

Melinda was so good the other night, I thought to myself, my don't they just call it right now? It's obvious who the best singer is.

Sophist
03-09-2007, 11:22 AM
I was SO glad they sent Sundance home. Everyone who is shocked that Sanjaya was kept through this rough patch... think of the 'rough patch' Sundance (I mean, JASON Head) was kept through. All through Hollywood week and into at least he beginning of the finals he's been an absolute nightmare--- something he had to admit himself. And, like Sanjaya, there were several times he was absolutely shocked to be advanced and could not hide that fact that he expected (and knew he deserved) to be cut. Just think of his atrocious group performance, when all the girls who were stellar in his group were cut, and the floundering, painful-to-watch Sundance was kept.

I personally am very put-off by his voice, his performances, and his personality.

I am hoping to see beat-box boy and a diva (probably Lakisha) duel it out in the finals. That may change, but those are my favorites right now.

I think, so far, Paul Kim is the only one I was really surprised and unhappy to see leave so early.

pitc9
03-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm still dancing around doing a Happy Happy dance because Antonella is gone! Oh I'm so glad I don't have to sit through another painful word sung by her!
Sanjaya can sing yes, but he has Horrible stage presents he needs to be one of the next voted off, then Sundance and Haley. None of those 3 should have ever made it to the top 12, they are not strong singers at all.
They will be eaten alive by performances by Melinda & Lakisha in the near future! :p :D
Blake... I like him because he's totally different! A.I. hasn't had anyone like him on! (that I can remember) he's a breath of fresh air and easy on the eyes also! ;)

Catsnclay
03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I just found out today that Jordin Sparks lives in MY neighborhood!!! :D I knew she was from Glendale, AZ, but there was something in the paper about a party at a country club close to home, so I looked her name up, and was surprised that she only lives blocks away from us!

As much as I like Jordin, I do think there are a few other girls that will go farther. As for the boys, this year they are all bad! Although I was shocked that Sundance went home so early.

Sadly this has become a personality/beauty contest and no one is really listening to the voices. When they sing, I like to get up and go into the kitchen and just LISTEN to them sing.

And sometimes I really don't get the judges......do we hear something that they don't???!!!!! :rolleyes:

I too am doing the happy dance that Antonella finally went home!!! Yeah!

prechrswife
03-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Well?!

Ditto.

Lobodeb
03-09-2007, 04:11 PM
The only one that should have gone out out of the 4 that did was Antoinella. Man was she horrible! I loved Sabrina, Sundance as decent as was Jared. (he was my eye candy :o ). Haley, Sanjaya and Phil should have all gone in their place if you ask me. Sanjaya can sing, but man is he boring. Yawn fest.

I was afraid that Antoinella would have made it because of her naughty pictures, but not even THAT could get her though. :p

My favorites are Stephanie, Melinda and LaKisha. I also like Jordin and Gina, but don't think they've got the pipes the first 3 I mentioned do. Jordin reminds me of me. She's a big girl with very curly hair. Only she can sing better and has much prettier teeth. lol

As for the guys, the only one that I like is the beat-box guy.

elizabethann
03-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Whoa....did you just hear Melinda Doolittle? She sounded awesome! I can't wait to hear Lakisha!!

Daisy and Delilah
03-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Melinda was amazing. She even surprised herself. I thought the Diana Ross songs wer pretty hard to do for some of them. Melinda and Lakisha were naturals. :)

This show really showed the difference between the girls and the guys.

Any picks from anybody on who might be leaving tomorrow?

I thought Brandon, Gina, and Chris R. could be on the bottom.

Ginger's Mom
03-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I thought Melinda was very good and always gives a wonderful performance. But I think as far as the performances tonight go, Lakeisha was by far the best. She was fabulous tonight; she absolutely knocked my socks off with tonight's performance.
As to who is leaving...I can only hope once again that it is Sanjaya.

Daisy and Delilah
03-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Joyce, I have to say that Lakisha brought me to tears she was so good. When the announcement was made that she would be singing "God Bless the Child", I grabbed some tissues. I have always loved that song, no matter who has recorded it. Lakisha and Melinda are definitely in a different league. Why weren't they discovered before now? :)

I guess alot of us would think Sanjaya should be gone but I think he was better tonight and I just see him hanging on again.

critter crazy
03-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I hope none of the girls go! They were awsome tonight! Sanjay needs to go, and the first guy up, realy blew it. Cant remember his name tho!

elizabethann
03-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Who do I want voted off? Sanjaya!

Logan
03-14-2007, 08:05 AM
I agree with you, Elizabethann. I have never faithfully watched American Idol, but I did watch the whole thing last night. I was so disappointed with what some of them did with Diana Ross's songs. Why mess with perfection? Sing them like they were written!

None of the "guys" impress me at all.

pitc9
03-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Who do I want voted off? Sanjaya!

AMEN!!
Oh I if I have to sit through Another song of his... I'm going to LOOSE IT!!!
Ugh...

Brandon bombed...big time. :( He has a great voice, but it's almost like he's afraid to use it.

I HOPE Sanjaya goes home tonight, if he doesn't :mad: I think it will be Brandon.

RedHedd
03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Melinda blew me away last night. I was crying right along with Paula and Melinda. I couldn't believe Simon asking her why she was crying! It was such a fabulous and emotionally charged performance, I think it's a normal human reaction to cry when something is so powerful it brings you to tears - it's a good thing!

Lakisha, Stephanie and Jordin were also all amazing.

Sanjaya reminded me of Michael Jackson and it wasn't a good impression. He's so young and so cute, but I think he's going to go tonight.

And poor Hayley - she knew she blew it.

Are they voting off one or two tonight?

elizabethann
03-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Melinda blew me away last night. I was crying right along with Paula and Melinda. I couldn't believe Simon asking her why she was crying! It was such a fabulous and emotionally charged performance, I think it's a normal human reaction to cry when something is so powerful it brings you to tears - it's a good thing!

Lakisha, Stephanie and Jordin were also all amazing.

Sanjaya reminded me of Michael Jackson and it wasn't a good impression. He's so young and so cute, but I think he's going to go tonight.

And poor Hayley - she knew she blew it.

Are they voting off one or two tonight?

I think it's just 1 person from now until the finals.

sirrahbed
03-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Love love LOVE Melinda. Her song last night gave me gooseflesh. She is absolutely my favorite and I hope she wins it. Hubby and I are hooked on American Idol.

KittyGurl
03-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Who watched American Idol tonight?

I am so mad right now! Sanjaya didn't get kicked off! I'm so mad I could scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why it's he off? HE STINKS!!!!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I watched it. I can believe that Sanjaya is still there. I don't agree with it but he seems to have a gigantic fan base somewhere. Who are these people? I can't imagine :(

How did everyone think Diana Ross sounded? I think she was pretty pitchy and didn't sound great at all.

rg_girlca
03-14-2007, 09:02 PM
People, people, people... This is a "SINGING" contest, NOT a contest on looks, personality, hair, clothes, popularity, but S-I-N-G-I-N-G!!!!

I can't believe that they did NOT vote off Sanjaya AGAIN!!! :mad:

Get the wax out of your ears, click your mute button off and for once, LISTEN!!!!!

dogzr#1
03-14-2007, 09:09 PM
*bangs head on keyboard* Ugh, Sanjaya is STILL there! I don't think he should've made it to the top 12 even. I am still so mad! Yeah, he's cute and all but I don't think he can sing. :mad:

elizabethann
03-14-2007, 09:13 PM
*bangs head on keyboard* Ugh, Sanjaya is STILL there! I don't think he should've made it to the top 12 even. I am still so mad! Yeah, he's cute and all but I don't think he can sing. :mad:

*throws keyboard against wall*. I can't believe Sanjaya is still there either! He looked pretty shocked himself. I noticed the audience didn't sound very happy. I think his parents were the only ones who clapped.

Anybody know who the guest artist is next week?

sirrahbed
03-15-2007, 06:32 AM
How did everyone think Diana Ross sounded? I think she was pretty pitchy and didn't sound great at all.

I noticed this too - I think her voice has lost the power and she sounded like her voice is getting old. But she is still so beautiful and I love her smile.

Daisy and Delilah
03-15-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree completely, Debbie. She really looked beautiful but the quality she once had wasn't there. I've always said that they hold those Idol contestants to such extremely high standards on pitch, voice quality, strength, projection, etc. It sometimes seems that they're being too picky when some of the professionals get up there and sound off on all counts ;)
I can't help but wonder what the kids must be thinking when their coach/mentor sounds a little pitchy throughout the song. :)

No wonder the winners are so successful. They are as close to perfect as it gets. :)

Lobodeb
03-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I would have been happy if any of the bottom 3 got the boot. I don't care for any of them. And add Haley to the list. She's a cutie, but that's about it.

I never cared for Brandon. I couldn't even remember his name before last night.

Sanjaya really needs to go, next.

pitc9
03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
......drat... he's still there..... wow.
What the H*LL is wrong with people??
Sanjaya needs to go!!!
I was reading a review yesterday on Yahoo about Sanjaya's perfromance and they said he sounded like a "Gnat after a Tracheotomy"
I was LMAO!!!!

Like I've been saying... there's always next week!

Lobodeb
03-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I just checked votefortheworst.com and they're pulling for Sanjaya. That could explain why he's made it so far. :rolleyes:

jazzcat
03-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I just checked votefortheworst.com and they're pulling for Sanjaya. That could explain why he's made it so far. :rolleyes:
I've been following another board that tells what votefortheworst.com is doing. They were pulling for that girl Antonella for the girls and Sanjaya for the boys. Now all the push if for Sanjaya. He is definitely the worst!

I think Haley needs to go too. We can never remember her name but I've nicked named her the "Beauty Pagent Girl" because that is what she reminds me of. I don't care for her very bland voice.

I really like Blake but I thought his version of that song sounded horrible this week. He's much better than that. Oh well, there is only so much you can do with a Diana Ross song in my opinion.

I agree, Diana didn't sound too good. Too bad there isn't something to stop aging on your vocal cords like there is for your skin. :p

Lobodeb
03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I must have smoked something because I thought Sanjaya actually sounded decent.

Based on the performances, I'd have to say that I think Gina is in trouble. She didn't do well at all. I didn't recognize a lot of the songs, but Gina, La Kesia and Chris R. didn't float my boat.

Daisy and Delilah
03-20-2007, 10:39 PM
We must be smoking the same thing Deb!! ;) Sanjaya surprised me tonight. Where did he get that from? :)

Gina sounded awful and I figured anybody trying to sing a Rolling Stones song might fall flat. Lakisha's performance wasn't her best and I wish she would have chosen the other song Lulu suggested. I still love her though. I loved Jordan, Melinda, and Blake.

I will date myself here but I thought tonight's show was one of the best I've ever seen on the Idol stage. I grew up singing most of those songs and some of them just blew me away. I was amazed I still knew all the words after all these years!! :eek: I was actually singing louder than the contestants were and I had to keep making myself tone it down so I could hear them. It's too bad all the shows can't be that enjoyable(at least in my opinion).

What did everybody think of that poor kid that just couldn't stop crying? I know they were tears of joy but I thought they focused on her a little too much. How about some privacy guys?? Oh well, she got to come up on the stage afterwards and she'll never forget it. :)

jazzcat
03-20-2007, 11:32 PM
I enjoyed most of tonight performances. I think Jordan was my favorite and for the first time I really liked Chris R. He didn't whine through his nose the whole time. I still love Blake and I think Sanjaya did much better.

I think Haley was the worst but after that outfit and performance she is probably safe (if lots of guys vote). I didn't care for Stephanie tonight either.

Very strange with that bawling little girl I thought. Wonder if there was something special about her - sick or something.

Ginger's Mom
03-21-2007, 05:45 AM
I have to agree with almost everything you said, Terry. I really enjoyed last night's show. There were some really good performances, but I attribute that to the fact that we just had some of the very best music back then. Look how well it has stood up and been adapted for today's youth. And yes, I had to stop myself from singing along, too. ;)

As to that bawling little girl...okay I am a very skeptical person...but, that is a picture you always see when they talk about the British invasion, the little blonde girl that just sat and cried all the way through the Beatles show. And she just happened to have been sitting on the aisle in the front of the theater. Sorry, too much of a coincidence for me.

dogzr#1
03-21-2007, 06:35 AM
This week was one of the best of all Idol weeks, IMO. Practically everyone got positive reviews.

Sanjaya actually sounded good, and I love the fact that he left his hair down and 'normal' so I can drool over it. (I like guys with that kind of hair :p )

I think Haley and Gina did the worst though. Gina was one of my favorites, but she didn't sound that good this week, nor did Haley. However, I think Haley has a chance of staying in only because of what she was wearing. ( and not to be nasty or anything, but to me it didn't look like she was wearing a bra XD )

And with the little girl, I just thought she was friggin' lucky! At first I thought she was just a really big Sanjaya fangirl, but then she cried through everyone's performances and got hugged by everyone. *is jealous*

elizabethann
03-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Okay, I'm going to be the "bad guy". I thought Sanjaya stunk! P.U.!! I was shocked when the judges said he was good! I was wondering what they were smoking (and now I'm wondering what y'all are smoking). Heeheehee. ;)

I thought the leather girl (is that Gina?) was awful. Even worse than Sanjaya. I think she'll be voted off.

That little girl made me laugh. She was funny. Cute...but funny. At one point, it looked like the camera got bumped and it panned to the floor. I was expecting the little girl to be on the floor passed out. She made my night.

I liked the British Invasion songs myself....though they were before my time...sort of. :D

After the show, I had to let Fenway out to do his business. After that I went to vote for Melinda (who I thought was awesome) and I got through the first time! Then I thought, well I'll vote for her again to see if it was a fluke that I got through...and I got through again! Then I tried it a 3rd time, but didn't get through. I just thought it was strange that I got through 2 times. I was expecting the phones to be busy.

Did you hear that guy (can't remember his name), shout Fro Patrol? That was cute. Also, when he was walking through the audience, he touched some little girl's hand and the look on her face was priceless. You'd think she just touched the hand of Jesus Christ himself. It was sooo sweet...and funny.

Oh well. Guess we'll have to wait to see who gets voted off tonight. I wonder if that little girl will be there?

Taz_Zoee
03-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I thought this was Sanjaya's best performance.........but he still is HORRIBLE!!!
I liked Jordin and Blake the best last night.
If this votefortheworst thing follows through I hope Haley goes. However, I WANT Sanjaya to be GONE!!!

sparks19
03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
I loved last nights show.

LOL I hope my hubby doesn't read this thread and see all the bad writings about Gina.... LOL he thinks she's a hottie hahaha. But even he agreed that she didn't do very well.

I have to say.... Sanjaya did well.... for him. I loved that he FINALLY showed some personality lol if nothing else. and it was shocking to see him sing a song like that. Definately HIS best performance.

LOL as for Haley... she most certainly was NOT wearing a bra.... her shirt was totally open at the back and there was no bra there... unless she was wearing those stick on things. But the way she was"swinging" around lol I have a hard time believing there was a bra there. And it must have been cold in there hahaha. But I did love her shoes :D HAHAHAHA my husband said that she would get the male vote for sure.... and I said "Heck.... even I couldn't concentrate on her singing" lol

melinda.... always my favourite.... and I just LOVE Blake. He's so unique and different from anyone that has been on the show before... and I've said it before and I will say it again.... He kind of reminds me of Sting or Bono when he goes into that higher register. and he sure knows how to work the audience with his eyes.

Chris R bothers me lol. I hate the way he bobs around and he does get really nasally a lot. They are always telling him how wonderful he is and I just don't see it.

Phil, Well he just creeps me out. Those big alien eyes.... I feel like he is looking right through me. Creepy.

pitc9
03-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Phil, Well he just creeps me out. Those big alien eyes.... I feel like he is looking right through me. Creepy.

DITTO!!! :eek: :eek:

Blake ROCKED so did Chris (not curly hair)
I love Gina, she's my girl I'm pulling for, I know she's not going to win it all... but I still like her and will vote for her until she's voted off.

Argranade
03-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by sparks19
I took a photo of him on T.v and this printed out, :eek:

I could have sworn I heard him say ''E.T phone home'' in a lyric the other day!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/white_creatures/more%20stuff/19461.jpg

jazzcat
03-21-2007, 12:27 PM
I and I just LOVE Blake. He kind of reminds me of Sting or Bono when he goes into that higher register.
YES! My husband says Sting and I say Bono too. WE thought that the first time we heard him sing in the top 24. I love his sound and style! He is my favorite guy and Jordin is my favorite girl.

Lobodeb
03-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I took a photo of him on T.v and this printed out, :eek:

I could have sworn I heard him say ''E.T phone home'' in a lyric the other day!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/white_creatures/more%20stuff/19461.jpg

OMG!!!!!!

I just spit orange juice on my lap top!!!

elizabethann
03-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Sanjaya still on??!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I can't believe Stephanie is out and Sanjaya is still there! :mad:

sparks19
03-21-2007, 09:04 PM

That was sad. I can't believe she was voted off :(

critter crazy
03-21-2007, 09:06 PM

I Know!!! Rediculous!!!:mad:

dogzr#1
03-21-2007, 09:07 PM
*dies* How the H*ll did Stephanie get voted off?! I thought Haley was going to get voted off. I kind of like Sanjaya because of his hair :p , but I won't be too sad when he does get voted off.

*throws computer out of window* :mad:

Daisy and Delilah
03-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Now I'm really losing faith in this show. Stephanie is pretty doggone good in my opinion. She is one of the last ones I would have picked to go and we still have several people there who needed to go a long time ago??? :p :confused: :rolleyes: It's crazy. I hope somebody grabs Steph and gives her a big ole contract and she becomes very famous!! :D

sparks19
03-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Now I'm really losing faith in this show. Stephanie is pretty doggone good in my opinion. She is one of the last ones I would have picked to go and we still have several people there who needed to go a long time ago??? :p :confused: :rolleyes: It's crazy. I hope somebody grabs Steph and gives her a big ole contract and she becomes very famous!! :D

I was talking to my mom about this tonight.... I was saying that I actually hope Melinda and Lakisha DON'T win because the runners up seem to have better careers than the winners do... and you KNOW they will go places whether they win or not.

Hey I don't know if anyone remembers Elliot Yamin from last year.... I guess he just brought out an album.

beeniesmom
03-21-2007, 09:33 PM
unbelievable ....

sparks19
03-21-2007, 09:36 PM
unbelievable ....

that says it all.

Even my step dad was complaining (I was on the phone with them when the show was on)

beeniesmom
03-21-2007, 09:48 PM
I really thought when Ryan said "Gina, Sanjaya and Haley...." that they were the bottom three.... never would I have immagined Stephanie.
She wasn't the best but it really was not her turn to go.

Daisy and Delilah
03-21-2007, 11:12 PM
I saw Elliot Yamin on Regis and Kelli this week. He's changed alot. His CD came out that day. Bucky Covington was on yesterday morning. His CD comes out on 4/17. I think he made his Grand Ole Opry debut last week. I saw him on CMT also. I think Lakisha and Melinda will both excel. No matter what happens to them, they'll be successful.

I'm with you sparks. I don't really care if Lakisha and Melinda win either. No problem. I sorta think Blake will win but who knows, he could go next week. Won't we all fall out when Sanjaya wins? :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: The way this show is going, somehow, it won't surprise me.

pitc9
03-22-2007, 07:58 AM
I really thought when Ryan said "Gina, Sanjaya and Haley...." that they were the bottom three.... never would I have immagined Stephanie.
She wasn't the best but it really was not her turn to go.

I thought the same thing, I even said it out loud to the people that were in the room. I screamed when he told them to sit down.

Chirs is my Boy, I loooooove his voice, This was my face when Ryan said he was one of the bottom 2: :eek:

Poor Stephanie... she hasn't been at her best the past few weeks but she sure the HECK is better than Sanjaya!!!!!! :mad:

pitc9
03-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I saw Elliot Yamin on Regis and Kelli this week. He's changed alot.

I KNOW! Wow!! He's looks great now! He had tons of Dr.'s offering him free dental work after the show ended. Guess he took someone up on their offer!

sparks19
03-22-2007, 08:13 AM
I saw Elliot Yamin on Regis and Kelli this week. He's changed alot. His CD came out that day. Bucky Covington was on yesterday morning. His CD comes out on 4/17. I think he made his Grand Ole Opry debut last week. I saw him on CMT also. I think Lakisha and Melinda will both excel. No matter what happens to them, they'll be successful.

I'm with you sparks. I don't really care if Lakisha and Melinda win either. No problem. I sorta think Blake will win but who knows, he could go next week. Won't we all fall out when Sanjaya wins? :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: The way this show is going, somehow, it won't surprise me.

Yeah I heard Bucky's song on the radio one day. I really liked it and I said to my husband "boy I wonder who that is that sings this song" when they said Bucky Covington I was like :eek: WOW it's a neat little song.

LOL My dad always says his name sounds like he should be a country club kinda boy. bucky covington.... sounds like he should own a yacht. hehehe

elizabethann
03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Dear God...what did I just witness tonight? I practically peed my pants laughing at Sanjaya's hair. He knows he can't sing, so he has to stir up the crowd with his many do's.

He was awful. If he wins, I will never watch AI again.

sparks19
03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Dear God...what did I just witness tonight? I practically peed my pants laughing at Sanjaya's hair. He knows he can't sing, so he has to stir up the crowd with his many do's.

He was awful. If he wins, I will never watch AI again.

You could tell he knows he shoudln't be there.... but he is so he might as well make the best of it. It's not his fault he is still there :D so he might as well take it in good humor. But yes.... that was.... interesting. LOL there really isn't anything else that can be said about that hair.

HAHA and when Haley sang... my hubby said "that was boring" I said "yeah.... she should have gone braless again.... at least that would have spiced it up a bit." :D

Phil really creeps me out .... not only was he singing a stalker like song.... but how fitting. "I'll be watching you" with those big bug eyes. CREEPY. lol

Of course I liked he usual people... Lakisha, melinda, Blake wasn't as good as usual but still good.

I wasn't overly impressed with Jordan this week though :(

Daisy and Delilah
03-27-2007, 10:04 PM
The whole time Sanjaya was up there, all I could think of was Chinese torture!! How much more of this can we take? If I start thinking of who needs to go, his name is almost always first on the list but somehow, I think he'll continue to hang on. I think there is really no need to try to pick who else was bad enough to go but we all seem to be forced to do it anyway. :( Sanjaya has a fan base the size of New York :rolleyes: He needs to go or I'll be using the mute button from now on during his entire performance. :( :p :(

Haley wasn't that great. Boring is right. Chris Sligh will probably be the one to go. He seemed to not feel well tonight and just wasn't with it. I like his voice but he had problems all the way through. I thought Gina was the best I've seen her. Phil was pretty good tonight but America may be creeped out enough to finally send him home this week. Jordin wasn't her best but I thought she did pretty well and I love that song. Blake was ok but not great and Chris R. was okay but not that great either.

I love Gwen Stefani. I guess she performs tomorrow night? I'll look forward to that :)

Lobodeb
03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Sanjaya is just making a fool of himself. He's a joke and he knows it.

Hailey is a cutie and will get the guy vote. I am a huge Jordin fan, but didn't care for her song choice. She would have done just as well to sing Hollerback Girl. I'm glad the judges liked it.

I thought Gina did really well. Much better than last week.

Of course, Melinda and LaKecia were great.

RedHedd
03-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Melinda, Lakisha, Blake are my top three.

Sanjaya - oh dear. He keeps channeling Michael Jackson and it's getting too weird and painful to watch. That hair was interesting :rolleyes: I spent most of his performance watching his hair, trying to figure out how they did it.

I actually liked Phil's performance, but wish he would lose that ugly hat. If you've shaved your head for a reason, be proud of it instead of hiding it under an ugly hat.

Jordin did okay, but her outfit was gawdawful - who threw THAT together for her?

Gina and Haley keep improving in my book.

I have a feeling Chris Sligh is the male Diva they keep referring to. Something about him just bugs me. I wouldn't be sad if he was voted off.

Chris R. was just okay.

sparks19
03-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Melinda, Lakisha, Blake are my top three.

Sanjaya - oh dear. He keeps channeling Michael Jackson and it's getting too weird and painful to watch. That hair was interesting :rolleyes: I spent most of his performance watching his hair, trying to figure out how they did it.

I actually liked Phil's performance, but wish he would lose that ugly hat. If you've shaved your head for a reason, be proud of it instead of hiding it under an ugly hat.

Jordin did okay, but her outfit was gawdawful - who threw THAT together for her?

Gina and Haley keep improving in my book.

I have a feeling Chris Sligh is the male Diva they keep referring to. Something about him just bugs me. I wouldn't be sad if he was voted off.

Chris R. was just okay.

I actually missed Chris R's performance... I'm not a big fan of his anyway but I flipped to the hockey game and forgot to switch back lol.

Ya Jordin's outfit looked like a bunch of left overs just thrown together.

Sanjaya's hair was.... um.... well what really needs to be said about it? lol

Channeling Michael Jackson HAHAHAHA that's a good one :D

Anyone starting to get the feeling that Simon might be a little... u h... freaky deaky ;) haha he loves those knee high boots. I read an interview with him once and they asked what kind of women he was into and he said "I LOVE high maintenance women." Not surprising... he seems a little high maintenance himself lol

Catsnclay
03-28-2007, 02:00 PM
I was unimpressed with the entire show last night! :eek:

Maybe it is because I don't know any No Doubt songs? Don't know, but I didn't really care for any of them last night.

The hair was different, my husband was wondering if I could do that to his hair.....sure, but I wouldn't let him out of the house with it!!! :rolleyes:

I sure hope next week they pick songs I know!!!! It makes it so much easier for us to know if they sang it well or not! :)

sparks19
03-28-2007, 02:27 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O57EH80&show_article=1&catnum=6

Flatcoatluver
03-28-2007, 03:29 PM
LMAO at Snajaya! Seattle new's won't stop talking about him! :rolleyes:

Haley, Jordin, Gina and Lakisha bore me.

My favorites are Blake and Gina. But I still havn't voted or anything.

*iluvskipper*
03-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Ehh... I don't really watch American Idol much this year... I wanted Bailey Brown to win!! She just forgot the words lol!

Daisy and Delilah
03-28-2007, 09:19 PM
No big surprise tonight. I almost felt that Chris knew he was going home and was relieved. He seems really tired.

Sorry, elizabethann, that Sanjaya is still there. Terry gets the mute button working from now on :rolleyes:

sparks19
03-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Can you believe he wasn't even in the bottom three.... grrrr

I'm sure my one measely vote won't count for much LOL but I may have to start voting for others religiously.... this "votefortheworst" website is such cr*p.... it's foolish.

Lobodeb
03-29-2007, 12:47 AM
I wanted Bailey Brown to win!! She just forgot the words lol!

Who is Bailey Brown? :confused:

Ummm, Sanjaya needs to at least be in the bottom 3! My mom said that she heard that AI asked vftw.com to cease and desist. We'll see though.

I can't say that I'm not sad to see Chris go. He lost his umph a few weeks back.

Flatcoatluver
03-29-2007, 12:49 AM
:( I didn't want him to go this week. Haily needed to go.

*iluvskipper*
03-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Who is Bailey Brown? :confused:

Bailey Brown got out kind of early because she forgot the words.. I looooved her voice and she's really pretty too!

Here, you can see her audition...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41i8Rau9fRA

Logan
03-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Poor Chris :( His fans in Greenville must be so disappointed. He came from the same town where I live.

Logan

Taz_Zoee
03-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't think people are being (or should be) voted off because they forget their words. Um, hello? Carrie Underwood forgot her words at this stage of the competition!!

Anyway, this week my favorite performances were Gina and Phil. That's only this week. :) I haven't started voting yet, because there's no body I really, really like and want to win, right now.
I do like most of the girls: Jordin, Lakisha, Melinda. And the only guy I really like is Blake. I liked Chris Sligh's personality, but it's a singing competition (said in Simon's accent).

Did they say next week was Tony Bennet??

Daisy and Delilah
04-04-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is a little surprised tonight. Do we have anybody still watching this show?

I was sure Phil was out tonight with Haley running a close second. I never even thought of Gina! I'm guessing that Phil's military fans kept him on and Haley's good looks kept her on. I didn't think either of them were that bad but somebody had to go.

I guess Sanjaya is going to be the winner. I had a funny feeling that he might go this week but nooooooooooo...............this is ridiculous!! :(

GrabaLab
04-04-2007, 09:26 PM
We are still watching it, and we were surprised that it was Gina that had to go tonight. We kind of think in the end one of top three girls tonight will win, but then again, we are like you, wondering about Sanjaya.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2007, 09:44 PM
I guess Sanjaya is going to be the winner. I had a funny feeling that he might go this week but nooooooooooo...............this is ridiculous!! :(
If he wins over Melinda or Lakisha or any of the others who can really really sing, I'll never watch any American Idol again!!! Simon has threatened to quit if he wins!!!!

critter crazy
04-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Accckkkkk.......No More Sanjaya!! My dog can sing better than him!! I cannot believe that he has made it this far, it is quite depressing!:o

Daisy and Delilah
04-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Seriously, does anybody have any theories or facts on how Sanjaya is staying on this long? I thought AI was stopping the nonsense on votefortheworst.com. Is it still going on? I went to their website and I couldn't figure out where to click to see this charade.

I read somewhere that even his fellow contestants are getting upset with him. They're all very serious about this and he just keeps on keeping on for some reason. Is it really all the young girls that are in love with him voting for him or is there more to it? I guess I'm just in shock and I can't figure out WHY????????? :( :( :( or...........HOW?????????? :( :( :(

I'm going to say that it's my last time watching too if he wins. For real. I think this is destroying the whole concept for a lot of people :(

GrabaLab
04-04-2007, 10:46 PM
We heard on a talk radio station that the young girls [ages 12-15] are who mainly votes over/over again and that is how he is staying on and likely to win.

Taz_Zoee
04-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Ok, did anybody else hear Sanjaya say last night that he was going to show America that he really could sing. :eek: :eek: What?? You weren't trying to do that all along?!?!?!
Yeah, I was sad to see Gina go, I thought for sure it'd be Haley. It irks me each week to see Sanjaya hanging in there. :mad:

Lobodeb
04-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Did anyone watch "Grease, You're the One That I Want?" Well, what they did was similar to AI in that they let America Pick the winner, but with a twist. They would announce the bottom 2, and even say who got the least amount of votes. But then the judges could save that person if they wanted to! I think AI should do that. They're losing a lot of good singers because of that votefortheworst and Howard Stern crap! :mad:

In this week's episode it Grease's concept wouldn't have done us any good as far as Sanjaya goes because he wasn't even in the bottom 2. :rolleyes:

dogzr#1
04-05-2007, 06:24 AM
With as much publicity Sanjaya is getting, I'm not that surprised he's still in there.

I'm sad though that Gina went. I really liked her. I was hoping it was Phil because he just gives me the creeps :p . Also, I don't think Haley should be there right now. All she does is show her boobs or legs and she gets enough votes by men.

elizabethann
04-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Sanjaya stinks. I couldn't believe Gina got voted off. If I was her, I would have kicked Sanjaya in the you know what. If he had an ounce of respect for the other contestants, he would take himself out of the competition.

Did you see his father? The man had dollar signs for eyeballs for pete's sake!

:mad:

RedHedd
04-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I couldn't even watch. I went to the AI website earlier to find out who was booted off. I was surprised it was Gina - I voted for her many times as she had really gotten better over the weeks. Sanjaya really is ruining it and if he wins, the show will be over.

KittyGurl
04-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I can't belive this! :mad: Gina is SO GOOD! WHY DID SHE GET VOTED OFF!? Sunjaya is ruining the show. Get him off now and the people who are listening to Howard Stern: STOP VOTING FOR SUNJAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: YOU ARE RUINING A REALLY GOOD SHOW!

KittyGurl
04-05-2007, 10:29 AM
I wish Sunjaya wouold just wuit the show. He isn't a good singer and he knows it! Why waste the time?
I heard that if Sunjaya wins, Simon is quitting the show. If Simon qits the show and Sunjaya wins, AI will be ruined. Half the people I know don't watch the show no more. I'm starting to get bored of it. AI is boring now because all the good people are getting voted off. Gina! Gina was reall good. She was one of my favorites too. She get6s voted off and Sunjaya stays on? That is just wrong!

Flatcoatluver
04-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Gina is one of my favorites. I was so angry. Haily, Sanjaya, or Phil should have left. I couldn't belive when they said Haily was safe.

RedHedd
04-11-2007, 05:20 PM
So who's going home tonight? I WANT Sanjaya to leave, but I think it might be Haley, Phil or even Lakisha. Jordin and Blake really rocked it for me last night. Blake even had me up dancing, scaring the cats :rolleyes: :p :D

sparks19
04-11-2007, 05:25 PM
So who's going home tonight? I WANT Sanjaya to leave, but I think it might be Haley, Phil or even Lakisha. Jordin and Blake really rocked it for me last night. Blake even had me up dancing, scaring the cats :rolleyes: :p :D

I really hope it's Phil.... I don't know if I can stand to see those creepy eyes next week lol

Flatcoatluver
04-11-2007, 05:27 PM
LOL! I have a feeling Sanjaya won't even be in the bottom 3. He scared me when he was singing and flirting with the camera. Haily really needs to leave. I knotice every week, her shorts get shorter and shorter. :rolleyes:

sparks19
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
LOL! I have a feeling Sanjaya won't even be in the bottom 3. He scared me when he was singing and flirting with the camera. Haily really needs to leave. I knotice every week, her shorts get shorter and shorter. :rolleyes:

:eek: those are shorts? they look like underwear to me :D lol

KittyGurl
04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
The only reason Haily is on cause all the guys vote for her! LOL That's funny Sparks19 :D
Right now, my favorite one is Blake. He is the BEST! :)

Flatcoatluver
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
:eek: those are shorts? they look like underwear to me :D lol
Lol, my mom watched AI for the first time last night. Haley walks on the stage, I said gahhh she needs to go home, my moms says wow she can't sing, good thing she is wearing that outfit. What had AI come too?

KittyGurl
04-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Lol, my mom watched AI for the first time last night. Haley walks on the stage, I said gahhh she needs to go home, my moms says wow she can't sing, good thing she is wearing that outfit. What had AI come too?

AI come to a bad show! AI is really starting to become boring and less entertaining :(
LOL That's nice, Flatcoatluver! At least she's wearing an outfit! LOL :D Can't agrue with that! Its true! ;)

elizabethann
04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I think Haley or Phil will be leaving tonight. If only it were Sanjaya...then my world would be complete. :D

KittyGurl
04-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I think Haley or Phil will be leaving tonight. If only it were Sanjaya...then my world would be complete. :D

LOL. Funny, funny, funny! :D

AI is on!!!!!!!

Lobodeb
04-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Yay!!!! Haily is gone!!! She's a beautiful girl, but I think America has lost sight of the fact that this is a SINGING COMPETITION!!!

Maybe Phil will be next. He's been in the bottom 3 for the last 2 or 3 weeks now.

Flatcoatluver
04-12-2007, 12:42 AM
What a good show it was tonight! Yah she is finally gone! She should have gone last week instead of one of my favorite Gina!

Ginger's Mom
04-12-2007, 06:10 AM
I agree, Bre, Gina had more talent than Haley, I wish Haley had gone last week instead of her. And yes, I think Phil will go next week. We are now getting down to getting rid of the ones that just cannot cut it. Phil will be next week, Chris Richardson the week after that, and finally the week after that Sanjaya. Leaving the four real contenders to fight/sing it out.

Daisy and Delilah
04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm getting scared thinking Melinda or Lakisha will go before Sanjaya!! YIKES!!! I'll probably faint in the tv room and miss the last shows. It was no big shock that Haley left last night. She seemed to be expecting it.

I am really looking forward to Martina McBride next week :)

KittyGurl
04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
WOOOHHHHOOO!!!
Sunjaya is Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!! I sitting here cheering right now and did anyone her the audience. They were clapping! They never clap when someone goes home. They always BOOO!

Finally!! :D

critter crazy
04-18-2007, 09:36 PM
WOOOHHHHOOO!!!
Sunjaya is Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!! I sitting here cheering right now and did anyone her the audience. They were clapping! They never clap when someone goes home. They always BOOO!

Finally!! :D
I am so Freaking Happy right Now!!! YAY!!!!!!http://bestsmileys.com/happy/2.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif

Daisy and Delilah
04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! Finally!! It was a sad ending to the show but he's finally gone--YAY YAY YAY!!!!

Now we may have an actual singing competition :rolleyes:

RedHedd
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
It hasn't even come on here yet, but I'm celebrating already ..... in fact I think I'll go to bed early and sleep well, knowing sanity has returned to the universe and American Idol will once again be a SINGING competition!

krazyaboutkatz
04-19-2007, 12:00 AM
This has been the best night ever because Sunjaya is finally going home.:D

elizabethann
04-19-2007, 07:34 AM
If Sanjaya cuts an album, I will throw up. :p

Argranade
04-19-2007, 08:06 AM
WOOOO HOOOO!

Sanjaya Is GONE! :D

I can't belive Blake was in the bottom 3 ... I mean what are people smoking?

pitc9
04-19-2007, 08:09 AM

I'll be right next to you!!! :D

Daisy and Delilah
04-19-2007, 08:39 AM

Can you imagine???? Whatever you do, don't listen to it in the car. You might fall asleep from boredom and have an accident. :( It just scares me to think anybody would record this guy :eek:

RedHedd
04-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh the AI machine WILL record him - they recorded William Hung, remember? Just don't buy it! He'll probably end up selling a line of hair products!

Flatcoatluver
04-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I was really happy he was leaving, until he started crying. :( I know I am pathetic.

Taz_Zoee
04-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm a happy camper!! I stood up and cheered!! WOO HOO!! And yes, I too noticed the audience cheering too, I laughed!!! :D :D :D
I thought it was pathetic that he was crying like a little girl!!! Pah-leezzzz. :rolleyes:

RedHedd
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Who's next? Phil? Lakisha?

Jordin and Melinda were AWESOME last night!

pitc9
04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Jordan R-O-C-K-S every week!
Bye Bye Ki-Ki. :(

Melinda and Jordan have been stepping it up everyweek, she has not been. She's at the same level she was when this started.

I wish her luck!!

Daisy and Delilah
04-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I think Lakisha will go tonight although I thought Blake was weaker than she was.

Melinda and Jordin never cease to amaze me :)

sparks19
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
I HOPE it is Chris... lol

he drives me crazy.

Daisy and Delilah
04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Did anybody figure out what the shock was tonight? I was surprised but I thought I should have known. Two people going next week? Okay.

How did everybody like the show tonight? How incredibly sad it was to see all those kids in the state they are in. I thought the Idol people did a good job with the show.

My favorite performance......hands down.......Elvis and Celine Dion. Second to that was Kelly Clarkson and the fabulous Jeff Beck :)

KittyGurl
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I was so surprised when Ryan said Chris was safe and Jordan was stil standing. I was ready to scream but then he said that she was safe! WOW :eek: Nobody went home.

Ginger's Mom
04-25-2007, 09:32 PM
EEEEE :D , Jeff Beck. Never expected that. Well, if I can't have Eric Clapton I will take Jeff Beck. And I thought he handled himself well, too. Talent and class. :)

KittyGurl
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I thought the choir was really nice :cool:

Daisy and Delilah
04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
EEEEE :D , Jeff Beck. Never expected that. Well, if I can't have Eric Clapton I will take Jeff Beck. And I thought he handled himself well, too. Talent and class. :)

I agree, Joyce :) Kelly and Jeff sounded great together. I didn't expect him to be on there either-it was a pleasant surprise :)

I thought the choir was adorable. They were so proud of themselves and looked so cute in ther little outfits.

Logan
04-25-2007, 11:15 PM
And silly me forgot to watch!!!!! :o

wolf_Q
04-26-2007, 12:57 AM
I watched American Idol tonight...but only because Bono was on it. :o

I've watched it a few other times, I like Blake and Jordin, I don't really care for any of the others.

elizabethann
04-26-2007, 07:36 AM
I cried all during the show last night. It was very sad. So little money can help these people. And did you see how only 5 out of 150 kids have enough money to eat lunch at school....and this was in Kentucky?

The story Bono told was sad too - how a parent begged Bono to take a child home with him.

I thought Josh Grogan was awesome with the little kids.

I heard today that they made $30 million.

pitc9
04-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Did anyone else think at first glance that Kelly was pregnant?
That dress looked Very bad on her!
But she made up for it by sounding Wonderful!!!!

I screamed when Ryan told Chris he was safe!
A co-worker told me he was about to put a fork full of mashed potatoes in his mouth and when Ryan told Chris to sit down he threw his mashed potatoes at the TV :D

I cried when Simon and Ryan were visiting the ladies that were dying. And after Simon helped load the lady into the truck, they said she died 2 days later. LES... big time.

I just wish they would have focused more on the kids here in America. I know they did a few things with American kids. But to me it felt like their main focus were kids in other countries. American is always putting others before their own, and to me, that's very sad and upsetting. For instance, they went to places where kids are orphaned in Africa (or other countries) why didn't they visit an orphanage here in the US?

Sorry, I know this is the AI thread... but I just had to speak my mind.

Taz_Zoee
04-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I agree about Kelly looking a little larger than usual. You could even see it in her arms, and the dress didn't help AT ALL!! :eek:

I thought all the stories they showed were very emotional. I got teary eyed more than once.....more so on Carrie Underwoods segment.

Daisy and Delilah
04-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Angie, I'm glad you said what you did. We are still talking about American Idol and you put it very well. I was getting sorta irritated that they would focus so much on helping people in other countries and not so much our own country.

I was taken aback with emotion when the part about Kentucky came up. Having lived in western Virginia for a few years, I saw it first hand. No one would believe what those people live like unless they've been there and seen it. I am still in awe over the fact that we have conditions like that right here under our noses. It's unbelievable. I don't know how else to say it-words escape me to describe it properly. I was glad that they showed that part but it seemed to be inadequate, compared to other parts of the show.
I really hope some of the money collected will go to Appalachia.

Another question I have; With this effort to help, are we trying to teach birth control to the people of Africa? It seems to me that this is where it should start. I would hope that we're already doing that but did it really appear that way to anybody?

I also thought Kelly looked pregnant. :)

elizabethann
04-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I thought of birth control too. But they can't even get pills to them for malaria. So I don't know how they'd get pills to them for birth control.

I think Ryan said there were over 1 million people in a town that was the size of NY City's Central Park?! I couldn't believe it!

I often wonder where all of the money goes for charities that help people (like the kids in Kentucky). How can we help other countries, when we can't even help our own?

I just don't get it. :(

sparks19
04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I think they focused so much on Africa because it really was the SADDEST story to tell. Whatever brings in the most money I guess. Yes we have poverty and starvation and all those things in our country and they did talk about that.... but talking about all those kids in Africa that are born with HIV everyday (far more often than here in America), die from a totally treatable disease like Mylaria (sp?) just because they can't afford two pills.... etc etc and on top of that 12 year old boys are raising their brothers and sisters because their parents have died.... that wouldn't be allowed to happen here in the States. YES... there are just as many sad cases here in the States.... but they are much easier to find over in Africa and they need to show whatever will inspire people to donate the most money.

And yes it is a shame that we are helping others before we are helping our own.... but many people don't see it that way. They see the US as a super power and very wealthy.... we SHOULD be helping EVERYONE since we are so fortunate.... that is how a lot of people feel.

I liked how it was totally focused on Children who don't have a choice in the matter rather than the adults.... AND it was all supporting charity organizations.... not government run organizations. I liked that a lot

momoffuzzyfaces
04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
My favorite part was Elvis making a "suprise" visit. ;)
And that they didn't send anyone home. That would have depressed everything.

Melinda is my favorite but I like Jordan a lot too.

As for birth control in Africa. I certainly agree there needs to be something done but lots of them don't even have clean drinking water or good food or a decent place to live. How could they afford pills or such? :(

Daisy and Delilah
04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm thinking some of the pharmaceutical giants in this country could send some of those "free samples" over there. My doctor has a full wall, about 12 feet long x 7 feet tall, filled with samples. That's only one closet full. His other rooms have locked drawers stocked with more.

Surely, someone could send/fly truckloads of this stuff over there :confused: I just wish we could get to the source rather than the outcome.

I also understand that it's after the fact in the cases of these children. They're already here and they need to be taken care of now.

With the way we live in the USA, why is anyone starving, going without clean water, and, without sufficient basic medical care? It's horrible. :(

Maybe I need to start another thread about this?

sparks19
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
My favorite part was Elvis making a "suprise" visit. ;)
And that they didn't send anyone home. That would have depressed everything.

Melinda is my favorite but I like Jordan a lot too.

As for birth control in Africa. I certainly agree there needs to be something done but lots of them don't even have clean drinking water or good food or a decent place to live. How could they afford pills or such? :(

That was REALLY cool. I am amazed at how they did the Elvis thing. That Hologram was FANTASTIC. Very real looking. There was a point that I thought it was a REALLY REALLY REALLY good impersonator lol.

RedHedd
04-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I loved the show, but really lost it when they showed OUR country and the abysmal lack of education in Kentucky. That poor mother not being able to read - it's shocking and disgraceful that we're not taking care of our own and allowing conditions like that to continue in today's America. I'm glad that a part of the contributions are staying here in this country; I know it's not enough, but we have to start somewhere.

I loved seeing Kelly Clarkson again, although I too was shocked at her appearance. I know that girl loves to eat her Texas chow, but still ... Loved the song she did.

The bit with Elvis and Celine was so well done. It made me remember what a total hottie he was and made me feel sad that he had to die the way he did.

I loved the "Staying Alive" segment - seeing all those stars being silly. Terri Hatcher had on WAY too much blush! Her makeup looked clown-like.

I was glad that no one was booted off this week. I don't think the order in which they were given the news had anything to do with how the vote went.

Next week should be interesting

Daisy and Delilah
05-01-2007, 09:20 PM
I thought the show tonight was pretty good overall. I love Jon Bon Jovi. What a cutie pie!! :D He gets cuter every time I see him. :)

I thought Jordin was off tonight. She didn't sound good at all to me. I thought Lakisha was absolutely awesome. One of her best. I spent a good 30 minutes after the show voting for her.

Going home tomorrow: I think it will be Jordin and Chris.

pitc9
05-02-2007, 08:10 AM
I liked last night! Love Jon Bon Jovi!
Jordan was not in her element but, IMO, managed to save herself. She'll be back next week right along with Melinda.

Blake was kick a$$! I loved it!!

Chris... not so good. Bye Bye Chris!

Lakisha was good, but I think she's lost her fan base because she's been off the past few weeks. I think she'll be going home with Chris tonight.
:(

Phil... I've never liked him, I can't stand to look at him but ... I must admit, he gave me goose bumps last night singing! He was dead ON and Rocked!
I think last night may have saved him for one more week. (but just one more please... I can't stand to look at him :o )

IMO - I think Chris and Lakisha will be going home tonight.

Argranade
05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
WTFUDGE!

IS SIMON CRAZY! THAT LADY HE KISSED Smells! :mad:

As for Blake he was way better than those others!

When will that alien guy get voted off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake also looks pretty dam fine with dark hair .... ;)

But still not my type ... where are all the punk rockers or metal heads?

I geuss they know better than to try out for American Idol lol.

sparks19
05-02-2007, 08:25 AM
LOL I love when Simon kissed Lakisha LOL. She did a darn good job last night and I hope it's not too late to save her bacon. Simon is such a flirt sometimes :D haha

I loved Blake but like him better blonde lol.

Melinda is always a favourite.

Jordin was a little off but I think she has done more than enough to stay around.

Chris...... you have been on the show far longer than you should have. I sound like chris when I pinch my nose and sing. he drives me nuts I can't stand him lol and that stupid bopping he always does.... KEEP YOUR DARN HEAD STILL MAN!!!!! for one second lol

Phil.... creepy.

I hope it's Chris and Phil tonight but I fear it could be Lakisha.

Logan
05-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Lakisha and Melinda have been our favorites from the beginning. I am not a Bon Jovi fan at all, but Melinda did a great job, didn't she? I think she is quite the natural at this. :)

Taz_Zoee
05-02-2007, 09:25 AM
I completely agree with Sparks19. I think it should be Chris and Phil, but I have a feeling it will be Chris and Lakisha. Either way, Chris has GOT to go!!!
Jordin was not that good last night, but she is still my favorite. :D
I LOVED Blake's performance. It always makes me smile when he does the beatbox thing.
And I was totally shocked when Simon kissed Lakisha.......on the lips!!! :eek:
Honestly, I felt bad for Lakisha. LOL :p

Catsnclay
05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
I am a Jordin fan all the way - after all, she lives in my neighborhood! :eek: -really-

Although Jordin was off a little - we all know she can sing.

Phil gives me the creeps, too :o As soon as he starts to sing I get up and leave the room. sorry Phil.....

Chris's singing just drives me crazy.....:mad: WHEN is he going to stop singing through his nose???!!!!

Blake - I thought he looked different - just couldn't figure out what it was......thanks!

Jon Bon Jovi was great - we have seen him in concert a few times, always the preformer. He will always be good looking!!! I love every one of his songs, but for some reason I didn't recognize the song that Lakisha sang. Can anyone please tell me the name of the song so I can go hear Jon's version of it????

Thanks......

Tonight will be surprising, at best.

sparks19
05-02-2007, 02:54 PM
I am a Jordin fan all the way - after all, she lives in my neighborhood! :eek: -really-

Although Jordin was off a little - we all know she can sing.

Phil gives me the creeps, too :o As soon as he starts to sing I get up and leave the room. sorry Phil.....

Chris's singing just drives me crazy.....:mad: WHEN is he going to stop singing through his nose???!!!!

Blake - I thought he looked different - just couldn't figure out what it was......thanks!

Jon Bon Jovi was great - we have seen him in concert a few times, always the preformer. He will always be good looking!!! I love every one of his songs, but for some reason I didn't recognize the song that Lakisha sang. Can anyone please tell me the name of the song so I can go hear Jon's version of it????

Thanks......

Tonight will be surprising, at best.

I think it was called "This ain't a love song" I have never heard it before either as far as I know.

KittyGurl
05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I loved Blake's performance. He was great :)

sparks19
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I loved Blake's performance. He was great :)

Me too..... I said to my husband that he may not be the best SINGER on the show but he is definately the best ENTERTAINER. He is just so enjoyable to watch and you never know what he is going to do with a song. Very original. I like that :D

sparks19
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Ginger's Mom
05-02-2007, 09:30 PM
This is the first year I have ever watched American Idol, so I have no idea how it normally works or how it has worked in the past, but finally it is coming down to a competition between four people who have some real talent. They all have different strengths and weaknesses and it will be interesting to see what wins out.

Daisy and Delilah
05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
No big surprises tonight. Chris needed to go. I was upset to see Phil go. I started out not really liking him but I have been loving him lately. It was a sad moment but somebody had to go.

I can't believe we're down to only 4!!! It's going to be tough to pick who goes for the rest of the time. It's always tough.

Looooovvvvveeeee that Bon Jovi!! Jon and Richie could kill an old lady ;) ;) ;) I loved that beautiful song they sang. What was the other entertainer's name? I'm not familiar with him.

sparks19
05-02-2007, 09:39 PM
No big surprises tonight. Chris needed to go. I was upset to see Phil go. I started out not really liking him but I have been loving him lately. It was a sad moment but somebody had to go.

I can't believe we're down to only 4!!! It's going to be tough to pick who goes for the rest of the time. It's always tough.

Looooovvvvveeeee that Bon Jovi!! Jon and Richie could kill an old lady ;) ;) ;) I loved that beautiful song they sang. What was the other entertainer's name? I'm not familiar with him.

I think his name is Robin Thicke.... he is Alan Thicke's son. and he wasn't very entertaining lol.

Phil has been singing well lately but he still gives me the creeps lol. And Chris..... well..... he should have been gone a long time ago. GRRRR

It will be tough from here on out though

Daisy and Delilah
05-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks sparks. I thought he might be Alan thicke's son when I heard the last name. He didn't make much of an impression on me apparently. I forgot his first name within ten minutes or less ;) You're right-he wasn't entertaining at all :confused:

sweetpatata6
05-03-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm kinda sad that Chris had to go, he started out very strong, then fizzled out by lastnight. Compared to the other contestants, they both needed to go. Phil never really excited me and that was always the point where I walked away from the T.V.

elizabethann
05-03-2007, 07:47 AM
I thought Phil's goodbye performance last night was awesome. It showed what a great guy he is. I will miss him.....and his beautiful eyes too. :D

pitc9
05-03-2007, 08:19 AM
I was never a Phil Fan, but last night..., IMO, he gave the most emotionally moving and heartfelt goodbye performance I've ever seen on Idol.
I had tears in my eyes!! Especially when he'd sing the chorus:
"I'm going out in a blaze of glory"
(ugh... I just got goose bumps again!!)
Chirs... I was a fan in the begining, but quickly saw that he was not in the same leauge.
It was so nice to see Chris and Blake on the stage together and when Chirs said "I'd go home for him" Ahhh... that was so sweet!!

Now ladies and gents...we have one H*LL of competition!!

Blake and the ladies!!

sirrahbed
05-03-2007, 09:11 AM
I also felt sad to see Phil go - and I did not really like him. I think he showed a great deal of strength and class in the way he ended his part of the competition. The rest of the singers seemed genuinely sad to see him go also. I think he is a very nice person and a terrific witness to his faith and lifestyle.
(still glad he is off though) :p

Taz_Zoee
05-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, the final four are all good IMO. But I think it will come down to Jordin and Melinda. So at this point it doesn't matter to me who stays and who goes, because I like them all. If I had to choose someone to win, I'd choose Jordin.
I think LaKisha will go and then Blake.
What are your predictions??

pitc9
05-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Hummm... lets see....

I think Lakisha will be the first to go... then Blake.
:( (I like Blake)
So then we'd have Melinda and Jordan in the final show.. and Jordan wins!

Although.... secretly ... I think Blake could pull an upset and Melinda might be voted off before him!
It could be like Season 1, when Tamyra Gray was voted off #4th to last and that left Nikki (pink hair girl) with Justin and Kelly!

***I JUST MADE A POLL***** GO CHECK IT OUT AND VOTE!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=126606

Logan
05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Jordin and Blake would be my votes to be gone! Ha Ha! :p You just never know what people are thinking, do you? Melinda is my pick and Lakisha would be my 2nd pick.

RedHedd
05-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I hope Lakisha is the next to go. I can't stand her lisping!

It's going to be a battle at the end - probably between Blake and Melinda, although I love Jordin too. I just hope Melinda is our next American Idol. I know I will be, and have been, voting for her over and over and over again!

elizabethann
05-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I've looked at my crystal ball and here are my predictions:

4. Jordan
3. Blake
2. Lakeesha
1. Melinda (to take the win)

KittyGurl
05-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Lakeesha is going next week...
Then Melinda...
After that it's Blake...
And Jordin takes the win!

Flatcoatluver
05-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Lakisha will go first
Then Jordin
Then Blake
and our American Idol will be Melinda.

RedHedd
05-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Lakisha will go first
Then Jordin
Then Blake
Yup - that's what I'm thinking.

sirrahbed
05-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Lakisha will go first
Then Jordin
Then Blake

I third your prediction. I really, really, really think Melinda is the best singer and entertainer. She is also sweet, cute and so lovable that she is what I think an "Idol" should be. I have been listening to her downloads and will absolutely buy her CD when it is out. Her voice is so soothing and clear. LOVE her!! I am enjoying her progress because I was able to see her audition and loved her right away. :D

Catsnclay
05-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Lakisha will go first
Then Jordin
Then Blake

Well.....I kinda agree with you, but I really don't think Jordin is going home very soon.

Melinda: VERY professional - I would be surprised if she lost.

Jordin: Fantastic singer, but you have to remember she is only 17 :eek: can you
imagine her voice in a few years from now??!! WOW.

IMO it is a tough toss up between Melinda & Jordin.

sparks19
05-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Well.....I kinda agree with you, but I really don't think Jordin is going home very soon.

Melinda: VERY professional - I would be surprised if she lost.

Jordin: Fantastic singer, but you have to remember she is only 17 :eek: can you
imagine her voice in a few years from now??!! WOW.

IMO it is a tough toss up between Melinda & Jordin.

Does it really matter :D They are both going to end up with fantastic careers. I think all of the final four will.

Although sometimes I wonder is it really better to win AI or to come in second or third or fourth. Look at Daughtry ..... and where is Taylor Hicks these days lol.

Melinda and Jordin are both worthy of winning that is for sure and I really can't say who will win.... but Melinda definately seems to have experience on her side. But Jordin will be a force to be reckoned with with some experience.

Daisy and Delilah
05-04-2007, 09:49 PM
You're right sparks. I think the last contestants, from any year, will have a chance at a successful career. However, it seems it's all in the marketing. I think Bo Bice could have been alot more successful if he had been marketed better.

Melinda will succeed no matter where she ends up in the order. She is really out of her league on American Idol. She's been a professional from day one. :)

beeniesmom
05-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Lakeesha is going next week...
Then Melinda...
After that it's Blake...
And Jordin takes the win!

I agree with you.

sparks19
05-05-2007, 10:07 AM
You're right sparks. I think the last contestants, from any year, will have a chance at a successful career. However, it seems it's all in the marketing. I think Bo Bice could have been alot more successful if he had been marketed better.

Melinda will succeed no matter where she ends up in the order. She is really out of her league on American Idol. She's been a professional from day one. :)

Yes marketing plays a huge part.

Although I heard that after Idol Bo took some time off because his wife or g/f had a baby. Not saying that is a bad thing but when you come off a show like AI I think you need to get out there right away.... if you take time off between the show and your album people will forget about you.

But then Reuben IMO wasn't very successful.... I don't think I have ever heard one of his songs.... and Clay who came in second was wildly successful.

But it's different each year :D so who knows lol

pitc9
05-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Welll... what did everyone think about last night?

I didn't like Blake's first song and only kind of liked his 2nd song.
I liked all of the girls songs!

Even though Blake didn't too so hot last night, I think Lakisha will go home tonight.

elizabethann
05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I didn't watch it last night. It was so beautiful out that I took the dog for a walk and then I watched a scarey movie.

A co-worker said she thought they were awful except for Blake's 2nd song. She said it was good.

I think I miss Sanjaya. I could watch him each week and talk about how awful he was and how he needed to be voted off. Now the show's boring. IMO.

Bring back Sanjaya! :D Just kidding. ;)

pitc9
05-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I think I miss Sanjaya.
Bring back Sanjaya! :D Just kidding. ;)

WHAT!!! :eek: *faints*

Ha Ha Ha... that wasn't funny!!

RedHedd
05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Blake didn't do too good last night. I still like him better as a blonde!

I thought Jordin ROCKED and Melinda was stellar as usual. It's a toss up for me - could be either Blake or LaKisha who goes home tonight.

sparks19
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't really have an opinion about last night. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either.

The judges were quite confusing though. Too original, not original enough.... WHAT DO THEY WANT?

And it was the BeeGees.... not much they could really do with that. actually made for quite a boring show.

Daisy and Delilah
05-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I think it was no big shock that Lakisha went home tonight. I'm sorry Lakisha :( I really liked her. I had her and Blake on about the same level last night. I also thought Melinda and Jordin were on an equal level with each other.

The Miami Herald reported this morning that Blake would pick up Chris and Phil's votes so Lakisha would probably go-they were right, along with most everyone else that watches it. However, I think Lakisha will go far and I'll definitely buy her CD/s.

I'm starting to think that Jordin is going to win. We'll see.

I wasn't real impressed with Pink(I normally love her) and I thought Barry Gibb sounded way off. Does anyone know if he's been ill? He isn't the same guy I remember at all from years ago. I realize he's older but he's so different.

It's funny you said that sparks :D I said the same thing. What do the judges want? Can they make up their minds if they want them to do it the original way or "make it their own"? They seem to do this every year. One night it's one way and the next week it's the opposite. :confused: :confused: :confused:

elizabethann
05-10-2007, 06:09 AM
I hope Lakisha can make it in the music business. I think she's got incredible talent.

Did you all see the previews of the new show? It's kind of like American Idol, but with bands. Also, there is no age limit. I can't wait for that show!!

sirrahbed
05-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Hubby and I are still loving this show and practically plan the evening around it :o

Last season was the first time I saw AI and then only the last half or so. This time we watched every single minute including all of the auditions so it is even more exciting - I really feel involved in the top ten and espcially now that it is down to THREE :D

This week, I decided to try the voting thing (more than just a couple times) so gave Melinda about 20 minutes of my time on redial. It surprised me that I got through each time. Don't they have busy signals? I was expecting to have to keep trying to get through....

Well, I am really glad to know she was not in bottom two and really think and hope she wins. But, I really love all of these last folks and find that I have felt genuinely sad to see each one of the last few have to leave (yes even Sanjaya :rolleyes:)

Last night when they showed Lakisha's vignettes, I was thinking that she looks so much prettier, glammed up and maybe even thinner than when she was in the beginning. Maybe that is because of well fitting and stylish clothing - I enjoyed watching her. Silly but I find myself wondering little things like what she will do the next week - like have happy & fun time with her little girl? make some appearances on talk shows and the like? - and once again have time just at her home? - and hope that she stays with her career. She seemed so very sweet, looked as if she made close friends with the others...seemed that she and Blake were buddies :)

That new band show looks like it will be interesting and I also want to check out the new show featuring film making!

...looking forward to next couple weeks.

RedHedd
05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Deb - I get busy signals when I try to vote right after the show is over and they open the lines. I find if I wait a few minutes, it's easier to vote. Now that they have two numbers for each contestant, I try both numbers and whichever one I get through on, I keep hitting redial too - mostly for Melinda and Jordin ;)

I always get teary eyed when I think of how these young kids' lives are forever changed by this experience. Most of them do go on to careers in the entertainment industry - they may not cut record-setting award-winning albums, but will go on to Broadway or even like Kimberly Caldwell who is now a talk-show host for Idol Underground along with Justin Guarini from Season 1.

The top 10 will go on tour this summer so it's not like their AI experience is over - not by a long shot! FOX and AI own their butts for at least two years after they're on the show - it's part of the contract they sign when they make it through to the top 10.

Ginger's Mom
05-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I always get teary eyed when I think of how these young kids' lives are forever changed by this experience. Most of them do go on to careers in the entertainment industry - they may not cut record-setting award-winning albums, but will go on to Broadway or even like Kimberly Caldwell who is now a talk-show host for Idol Underground along with Justin Guarini from Season 1.

The top 10 will go on tour this summer so it's not like their AI experience is over - not by a long shot! FOX and AI own their butts for at least two years after they're on the show - it's part of the contract they sign when they make it through to the top 10.
Oh really, two years, I didn't know that. Hmm...not sure if that is a good thing for them or not. Lakisha is the first one I am sorry to see go. I think these last four have the talent and the personality/temperament to do well in the entertainment business. I really do wish Lakisha well, I am keeping my fingers crossed for her that she finds something she really enjoys doing, because I think she can excel.

Catsnclay
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
I thought Barry Gibb sounded way off. Does anyone know if he's been ill? He isn't the same guy I remember at all from years ago. I realize he's older but he's so different.

I'm glad someone else thought that too! :p To me it sounded like he was talking funny, almost with a slight slur, and there was something strange going on with his teeth - the bottom ones!

Any way, yes to me he sounded different! :rolleyes: :D

Go Jordin!!!

pitc9
05-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Well .... well..... well.....

Sadly... tonight I think I'm going to have to say "See Ya!" to Blake, don't you fret sweet thang... I'll buy your album! :D

Oh my :eek: did Jordan sound great last night!! Wow!
YOU GO GIRL!!!

No matter which girl wins both are going to be VERY succesful!
If Melinda does more of what she did last night in her last 2 songs (Tina Turner kind of stuff) I'd buy her album.

elizabethann
05-16-2007, 08:24 AM
I think it's going to be Blake & Melinda in the finals.

critter crazy
05-16-2007, 08:30 AM
I hope Melinda Wins!! She is amazing! And last night she just sounded awsome, as usual! She has definitely been my top choice since the beginning!

RedHedd
05-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Tough call on who goes home tonight, but I have a feeling it will be Blake. Melinda and Jordin are awesome and will go very far. I do hope Melinda wins the whole thing.

Daisy and Delilah
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
It will be a very tough call for tonight for sure. I guess it's all come down to how many people make those phone calls. I really enjoyed all of them last night. This is one talented group. I know they'll all be successful after the show is over.

I'm already feeling sad that the show is almost over :( The only bad thing about it is when it comes to an end :(

sparks19
05-16-2007, 01:21 PM
I think Blake will have to pack his bags tonight :(

But I must admit I did vote about 20 times for Melinda lol.

they will all be successful though so I guess it doesn't really matter THAT much :D

It's always sad when this show ends but I know after it ends I always have "So You Think You Can Dance" to look forward too.

pitc9
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
It's always sad when this show ends but I know after it ends I always have "So You Think You Can Dance" to look forward too.

Same here!!!
:p

elizabethann
05-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Goodbye American Idol! I will never watch that stupid show again! I can't believe Melinda got voted off! I'm so upset!

Daisy and Delilah
05-16-2007, 09:05 PM
:( :( :(

dogzr#1
05-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Yay! I wanted Melinda to leave. I'm sad to see her go but I didn't want it to be Blake or Jordin! Bye Melinda!

critter crazy
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I am so dissapointed!!! :( I will buy what ever album you put out Melinda, you are awsome!!

Daisy and Delilah
05-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I am so dissapointed!!! :( I will buy what ever album you put out Melinda, you are awsome!!

I'm with you Maggie. I can't wait until her CD comes out. I'll run to the store for it. :) Actually, that's all I could think about when they were showing her journey. Just my guess, but I think Blake will win.

sirrahbed
05-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I will look for Melinda's CD and will buy it. She was so sweet and gracious when she left. I loved her teeshirt ;)

I sort of had a feeling she might leave since the other two were very young, hip, etc.

Now, I am thinking her votes will go to Jordin and send her to #1 - ya think??

It was a terrifically enjoyable season.

cali
05-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I could NOT believe Melinda went home, I just sat there is complete shock, everyone on the show looked stunned as well. may it will be like lat year, where the toss offs do WAAAAYYYY better then the winners lol(Chris Daughtry anyone?lol)

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I hear ya Cali!! Daughtry is in my CD player in my car.....always!!
I was very shocked it was Melinda tonight as well. I thought for sure it'd be Blake going. But I'm okay with it. I really like all three of them. :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-17-2007, 01:13 AM
I was also shocked and I thought that Melinda would win for sure. Now I hope that Jordin will win.:)

What did you all think of Elliot Yamin's new look? I would've never recognized him if I they didn't tell me who he was.

pitc9
05-17-2007, 08:24 AM
I sort of had a feeling she might leave since the other two were very young, hip, etc.

Now, I am thinking her votes will go to Jordin and send her to #1 - ya think??

It was a terrifically enjoyable season.

I agree! Blake and Jordin are younger and more hip, more in tune with the majority of the people that vote.
There is no question in the WORLD that Melinda has a WONDERFUL voice! She'll be around for a long time!

I hope Jordin wins it all!
Go Jordin! :D

Argranade
05-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Wow that was an odd show,

It's weird .... Simon liked Melinda and she got voted off.

I realy thought it would have been Blake but it was not lol.

I hope he wins.

I also wanna watch this new band thing the show is talking about .. maybe some punks will apear. :D

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2007, 09:19 AM
I was also shocked and I thought that Melinda would win for sure. Now I hope that Jordin will win.:)

What did you all think of Elliot Yamin's new look? I would've never recognized him if I they didn't tell me who he was.

I was not a fan of Elliott to begin with. While he does look better with his teeth fixed....the hair makes him look scroungy. I personally couldn't look at him for too long. And his voice has always been annoying to me too. Sorry Elliott fans, please don't be offended.

As I said before, I like Jordin and Blake. I am hoping Jordin will win, but will not be heartbroken if Blake does. :D

RedHedd
05-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Well like they said on the radio this morning. it's the 10 and 12 year-olds who wouldn't buy Melinda's albums because she's so old :rolleyes: If you don't think the "vote" results are manipulated, you're probably delusional. Of course they are - AI is a marketing tool. They're counting on the younger-hipper contestants to appeal to a broader market.

Melinda will do well - it's the Jennifer Hudson "syndrome." Look at past years' contestants - Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, etc. The top three each year have done exceptionally well for themselves.

At this point, I hope Jordin wins; but I will be one of the first to buy Melinda's album over all the others.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Melinda will do well - it's the Jennifer Hudson "syndrome." Look at past years' contestants - Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, etc. The top three each year have done exceptionally well for themselves.

At this point, I hope Jordin wins; but I will be one of the first to buy Melinda's album over all the others.
Save me a place in line for Melinda's album!!!

I was thinking just last week that the ones who come in second or third sometimes do better than the one who wins.

Still it makes me sad. Melinda could sing any song you gave her and do it great. Blake is limited in that he turns everything into beat box. Which after a while, gets old in my book.

I hope Jordin wins now. :D

They mentioned on Fox news this morning that everyone that Simon likes gets voted off. Could be some petty people are voting off his favorites just to spite him, eh? Like the ones who vote for the worst one? Shame on anyone who would do that!!!! :(

Catsnclay
05-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I can't believe what I am reading.....Melinda voted off???! :confused:

We were at the Suns Vs. Spurs game last night, and they said that Jordin was 'safe' but that is all they said. We have it taped and will watch it tonight when my husband gets home......bummer, I now know the outcome....... :( I really liked Melinda, but just like everything else in this world - someone does control something and it is all for the purpose of the almighty dollar!

Well, now I really hope Jordin wins it all!

RedHedd
05-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Jordin! Jordin! Jordin! She blew me away tonight. Voting starts now ...

krazyaboutkatz
05-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Jordin! Jordin! Jordin! She blew me away tonight. Voting starts now ...
I agree.:) I was able to get through 4 times and vote for her.:)

Argranade
05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Sorry but Jordin is a loser to me lol,

She has a loud voice, I would never listen to her music.. long boring notes.

She starts crying and I hate when that happens because then some americans feel sorry for her then vote, Blake just does his own thing and never douts anything, I don't want Jordin to win lol ... she looks like she's 25 years old .. I mean I'm 17 and she makes me look like a little peepster lmao! I still don't belive she's 17. :p

I'm more into metal punk music but if Blake got some good songs he would be awsome.

If she wins again I belive Blake will step up and do better.

RedHedd
05-23-2007, 02:06 PM
WOW! That was mean! So tell us how you really feel :rolleyes:

dogzr#1
05-23-2007, 10:08 PM
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE AMERICAN IDOL FINALE!

YAY! Jordin wins! I knew it was going to be her and I'm glad it was her. I would've been happier if it were Blake but either way I'm glad. She was soo excited herself and didn't really want to cry. Wow, this was a great year for American Idol and can't wait until next year. Now I need to find something to do on my Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Taz_Zoee
05-24-2007, 12:16 AM
I am glad Jordin won. But I think this year was weak. I enjoyed last year much more. I even saw them on tour. I have no desire to see this year on tour. Mainly because of Sanjaya. But it won't stop me from watching next year!! :D :D

K9karen
05-24-2007, 12:57 AM
:mad: Grrrrr! I can't believe I forgot it was on tonight. I went out tonight and raced home to watch LOST but in the back of my mind I knew I was forgetting something....

I loved Jordin from the second I saw her at the auditions! I couldn't be happier! Way to go girl! Lots of continued success!

anna_66
05-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Did anyone else miss who the winner was besides me? I DVR'd the show and watched the whole thing only to miss who this years winner was because the show went over on time :rolleyes:
So of course I went to the website and found out who the winner was, but I couldn't find a video. I had to see it on the news this morning :o

I really liked Blake, but thought Jordan would win. Congrats to her.

Melinda still should have won :p

pitc9
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
**Doin' a happy happy dance!!**
I'm so happy Jordan won!
In my opinion she appeals to more people and age groups.
I can't wait to buy her album!

Argranade
05-24-2007, 08:53 AM
OMG.

Greenday was on last night ..... :D

They where the best thing on AI last night for sure.

I hope there's not going to be another season of American Idol.

Now Canadian Idol is comming up .... =_=''

pitc9
05-24-2007, 09:00 AM
OMG.

Greenday was on last night ..... :D

They where the best thing on AI last night for sure.

I hope there's not going to be another season of American Idol.

Now Canadian Idol is comming up .... =_=''

That's when I turned the station! LOL! :p

If you don't like AI why do you reply to this thread?? :rolleyes:
Give it up already!

Argranade
05-24-2007, 09:07 AM
That's when I turned the station! LOL! :p

If you don't like AI why do you reply to this thread?? :rolleyes:
Give it up already!
It's not that I don't like AI, I just like watching it & making fun of it.

I think they said there would be some sort of band thing, might be good.

Yeah I'm into LOUD screaming punk, Indie, Metal music and if you didn't like Greenday I think you would have blown up your T.V if you seen any of the other bands I listen too lol. Like this quote thing said '' You'll hate my music''.

RedHedd
05-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm so glad Jordin won (and yes, people, it's Jordin with an I). I loved when Blake sang "She was just 17" to her - it was so appropriate.

The show was great too. I didn't know Green Day were babies! What are they, like 19? Gwen Stefani lip synced and was taped; Kelly Clarkson seemed to be screaming to me, although I liked her new song. It was good to see Reuben and Carrie Underwood is so beautiful and is such an amazing singer.

The best singer didn't win - that would have been Melinda, but Jordin will be around for a long time. They're all winners in my book.

Taz_Zoee
05-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Thank you for clarifying how to spell her name. I am very anal when it comes to spelling names, but I didn't want to say anything. :p

Yeah, most of the people from the top 12 will have great success. Even the ones that do not sing that well (Sanjaya :rolleyes:). And usually the people who do not win shoot to the top faster than the winner, the exceptions being Kelly and Carrie.

I am trying to talk my friend in to trying out again. She did it a couple years ago and actually made it to go in front of the three judges, but she was in Tahoe singing at someones wedding and didn't find out she had made it until it was too late. But she said it is SOO stressful, even just the try outs in the beginning.

OH!! I just need to say (and I'm probably dating myself here, but oh well) I absolutely LOVED when Blake sang with Doug E Fresh. That was friggin awesome!!!

Argranade
05-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I didn't know Green Day were babies! What are they, like 19?
Actualy there all in there 30's lol.

- Tre Cool was born December 9, 1972

- Billie Joe was born February 17, 1972

- Mike Dirnt eas born May 4, 1972

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I was so glad Melinda got to sing with the Wyans!!!

I think she will have a great career! I know I'll buy any album she makes!!! :D

KittyGurl
05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
congrats To Jordin Sparks- The Winner Of American Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dogzr#1
05-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Argranade please stop complaining about American Idol. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. I can easily start making fun of Greenday and I'm sure you won't like it.

I personally think they are old people who try to be young by wearing a crapload of makeup and have the crazy hair young people do. The song they sang last night bored me. :p

sparks19
05-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Blake with Doug E Fresh was INCREDIBLE. Such talent to be able to make such sounds come ou t of your mouth. it was so cool.

and did anyone see Bette Midler? Whats up with her? I thought she sounded AWFUL last night.

Congrats to Jordin.

Taz_Zoee
05-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I saw Bette and she was a bit off. She's taking over in Vegas for Celine? They said February...not sure if it was this past Feb or next Feb. That should be interesting if she sounds like that.