PDA

View Full Version : A (to be) 8 year old's wish..

Muddy4paws
02-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Click here (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/bernier.asp)

The link gives you the full story.

His name is Shane Bernier, Hes an 8 year old boy with cancer and his birthday is on May 30th 2007, Apparently hes thrilled to see his name on cards and hes hoping to break a record of getting so many birthday cards!

I'm not sure if I can cross post the address but its on the link..

I know there are so many generous and caring people on here so I thought maybe PT'ers could help his wish come true!

P.S I know things on snopes are normally fakes but this one is real. :)

animal_rescue
02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I cross-posted this to a couple places and I'll definitely be sending him a birthday card and hopefully a few other things as well!

animal_rescue
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Hmm I thought of a really good idea, I think! lol

What if everyone made a small clip of them saying happy birthday, we put all the clips together and burned them onto a CD to send to him.

Muddy4paws
02-22-2007, 11:36 AM
That sounds like a really good idea! Especially if we can get the dogs involved! :D

GreyhoundGirl
02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Click here (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/bernier.asp)

The link gives you the full story.

His name is Shane Bernier, Hes an 8 year old boy with cancer and his birthday is on May 30th 2007, Apparently hes thrilled to see his name on cards and hes hoping to break a record of getting so many birthday cards!

I'm not sure if I can cross post the address but its on the link..

I know there are so many generous and caring people on here so I thought maybe PT'ers could help his wish come true!

P.S I know things on snopes are normally fakes but this one is real. :)

Haha... he was in the newspaper here a while back...

cyber-sibes
02-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the posting. I think I'll make a card with my two furries on it. And keep Shane on my prayer list. It looks like he stands a good chance for a full recovery.