PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #200! Get your Hawaiian shirts out !

Lady's Human
02-21-2007, 03:26 PM
With all the snow, I think everyone could use a good Luau! :D

Mario, get the Leis out, Orc, help me get this fire pit going so we can have a good roasted pig.

Lady, No, I don't need help with the cooking, you get a little too "Helpful" sometimes in the Kitchen.

The DOTD, as fitting a tiki bar, is scorpion bowls! No, no one gets one to themselves, I don't want to have to have Orc take anyone home :eek:

DrKym
02-21-2007, 03:32 PM
WOOOT, I knew these coconut tops and grass skirts would come in handy!!

Oh I brought the pineapples, and wonderful mango salsa dip!
Can I get something that is a Double no umbrella though thanks!

drothergoodnow
02-21-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm here and dragging from making you all breakfast. Hawaiian ****, sandles, and those silly shorts. Hehe. Where's the coconut radio the Professor made? I'll tune in some oldies...

DrKym
02-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Lh an Hubby grab Mario! he just snagged my Don Ho CD and wont give it back :p

Lady no I am not giving you any of the mangoes! Jas brought Rusty and Goof, go tell them to share their new toys!

Lady's Human
02-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Anyone got the chips to go with the dip?

How about a double hurricane, and I'll leave the umbrella for Mario!

LADY!!!!!

Get away from the fire pit. I know it Smells good, but you HAVE TO WAIT!!!!

lvpets2002
02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
:cool: WooHoo a Hawaiian Luau.. Yum Yum Roasted Pig.. Mario get that grass skirt off your head.. :rolleyes: Take off the Disco HipHugger shorts & put on the Grass skirt.. :p Mario dont take the Bamboo off the Tiki bar to hit the coconuts with.. :confused: What we dont each get a seperate Scorpion Bowl.. Just when I wanted to get into my drinks :D ..

DrKym
02-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Hawaiian Daiquiri
4 oz. Trader Vic's Hawaiian Daiquiri Mix
1 oz. light rum
In a blender with 1 cup crushed ice add ingredients. Blend until almost frozen but still liquid and serve in large champagne glass. Many enjoy this drink "on-the-rocks". Just stir together the above ingredients and pour over cubed ice in a glass.

Hawaiian Highball
4 oz. Trader Vic's Hawaiian Daiquiri Mix
1 oz. vodka
Mix over cubed ice in a cocktail glass. Add soda water and serve.

Foul Weather
1 oz. Trader Vic's Passion Fruit Syrup
1 dash Trader Vic's Rock Candy Syrup
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz. lemon juice
1 dash vanilla
1 oz. Jamaica rum
1 oz. light Puerto Rican rum
Pour all ingredients over ice in a tall highball glass. Stir well. Decorate with fresh mint and a fruit stick.

Grabbed those on the run out for the chips LH,

WOW that pig smells YUMMY! :eek:

Blue_Frog
02-21-2007, 04:51 PM
ooOooo a loo-ow! *gets out the flower print dress*

A daiquari sounds sounds good, with extra fruit and an umbrella please

Tries to sing the luau song without the words ...
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/note.jpg laka-waka shai-nee-hay-nee do la do la something something http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/note.jpg

ah bother. i give up - i prolly need more alcohol first ;)

cyber-sibes
02-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Great idea, LH. I need a little "winter relief!" I'll just have a tall, cool, pinapple & passion fruit juice, please. I brought along some homemade tropical trail mix, too. Think I'll mosey on over to that hammock & sway to the sounds of that steel guitar!

LoudLou
02-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Did someone say Luau!?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/LOUDLouieandTheBeans/HPIM0801.jpg

Lady's Human
02-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Blue Frog, One Daiquiri coming up!

Cyber Sibes, one pineapple + PF, DONE!

Hey, Where's the REGULAR barkeep? It' darned hard to cook and tend bar at the same time @!

catland
02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Great idea. I'll bring some sunscreen so that we don't get burned. :cool:

I'd like one of those pineapple drinks with an unbrella and served in a pineapple, if that's ok.

DrKym
02-21-2007, 06:09 PM
I will tend bar til RICHARD arrives, as I don't know how to spit roast that pig and LH is making it smell so wonderful!

One drink with an umbrell in a pineapple DONE!

DrKym
02-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Making myself a DOUBLE!! :p

Lady's Human
02-21-2007, 07:57 PM
HEY! THROW A DOUBLE COLD SOMETHING OVER HERE!

This fire pit is HOT!!!

Pig's almost done, guys. Anyone think to get some poi?

DrKym
02-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Hands LH a Double Baileys over ice!

wow tht smells great...I am starving now!
Where did Mario run off to with that Don Ho CD?????

Lady's Human
02-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Fanning the BBQ smell out towards the rest of the board......

Almost done, guys!

Orc, turn it SLOWLY!

RedHedd
02-21-2007, 08:47 PM
AGH! I'm too sick to do anything Hawaiian. Cooking up a batch of my special "Vampire soup" that always soothes a sick RedHedd.

I'll just sit by the fire-pit while the pig roasts and watch Mario and Pua dance the Hula.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey ya know what's missing from this shindig? Jimmy Buffett! How can you have any kind of tropical party with Jimmy Buffet?! Could I have a Strawberry Daquiri please?

DrKym
02-21-2007, 09:17 PM
One Strawberry Daquiri LOH !

Done!

Jimmy Buffet? I think we left the disc over on the other thread! I will send Mario over to get it!

Lady's Human
02-21-2007, 09:19 PM
With a little TaKillya I do a fair Buffet.

RH, Have some soup, and a black and fuzzy puppy to curl up with.

Karen
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Did someone say Luau!?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/LOUDLouieandTheBeans/HPIM0801.jpg

That outfit is just perfect, and Lou may bark LOUD enough to keep Mario from snagging his hat! ;)

C'mere, Lou, I'll share some food with you. Never did find poi when we were in Hawai'i, but I brought some fresh pinapple to share with folks.

Ceph
02-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Did anyone crack out the coconut shrimp?

Dr. Goodnow....Can you make Girl Scout Cookies (wimpy of my but oo, soo good....vodka, creme de menthe, creme de cacao, and milk/cream)

DrKym
02-21-2007, 09:33 PM
One GS cookie in a really TALL glass!

DONE!

Ceph
02-21-2007, 09:35 PM
my life is complete.... :D

DrKym
02-21-2007, 09:42 PM
opens the TaKillya for LH, I gotta hear him do Buffet! :p

Whips up some Pineapple umbrella drinks, takes the coconut shrimp from Mario and hands them to RH on the couch to keep em safe!

Looks around for LOH........

Rusty and Goofy I told you guys to SHARE those toys with Lady and Lou!!!

RedHedd
02-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks, Dr. G. Why is there Monkey fur in my shrimp? :confused:

cmayer31
02-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I thought I smelled something yummy! I finally brought the Mission style tortilla chips for the mango salsa! Yumm!! There's also variety packs for anyone that doesn't like tortilla chips. The scorpion bowls sound great! No way that I can get one to myself huh?

Lady's Human
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
The only way you'll get a scorpion bowl to yourself is to give Mario the keys to your car.

Orc will get them back for ya in the morning. :p

Lady's Human
02-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Has anyone seen the barkeep, or did he go into the L+F again?

cyber-sibes
02-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Did anyone crack out the coconut shrimp?Someone brought coconut shrimp??? I love that! I'll even get out of this hammock to get some! Hey, Mario, no pushing, I'll get up! Reddhead, perhaps you would like to stretch out on this hammock & just relax? Hope you feel better soon. Loud Lou, you are quite the fashion statement! You seem to have the right outfit for every occasion! :cool: m-m-m it smells delicious around here!

wombat2u2004
02-22-2007, 07:55 AM
So how's the snow folks ???
I was wondering that today whilst sunbaking out by the pool.
Wombat

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-22-2007, 08:36 AM
The snow is starting to melt. :p

cyber-sibes
02-22-2007, 09:06 AM
So how's the snow folks ???
I was wondering that today whilst sunbaking out by the pool.
Wombat :rolleyes: Dreaming of sunshine & beaches! Our beautiful snow is turning into mush & mud. That's why this luau is such a nice place to hang out!

DrKym
02-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Any morning requests?

Before I push Wombat into his pool? :p (note the jealousy in there? as I slogged through the mud and uck to get back to this thread....sigh melty snow and soggy yards :rolleyes: )

wolflady
02-22-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm late! Yes, morning request...hmmm...something warm but strong! Any suggestions?

I just put in my two weeks notice this week since I accepted a job back at my previous company, and I've been really stressed out because my current boss has been laying on the guilt big time. She even asked if I could postpone starting my new job for another month! :eek: I didn't feel comfortable doing that, so I said I couldn't. Ugh! Stress has been high this week.

Leftover coconut shrimp? I'll heat some in the microwave...yum!

DrKym
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM
One dbl Irish coffee xtra whip cream!
Warm and strong! DONE!

2 Weeks notice? yay! short timer times ahead! Congrats on the old company and happier work days!

RedHedd
02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Has anyone seen the barkeep, or did he go into the L+F again?
Maybe he fell into a scorpion bowl :D

Wolflady - Congrats on the "new" job.

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather. More Vampire soup for me and a side order of scorpion bowl. Maybe I should just jump into the bowl? :p

davidpizzica
02-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Maybe he fell into a scorpion bowl :D

Wolflady - Congrats on the "new" job.

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather. More Vampire soup for me and a side order of scorpion bowl. Maybe I should just jump into the bowl? :p
Redhedd, would jumping into a big bowl of vampire soup help fractured bones?? Maybe a serving of that would make me feel a little better! I'm wearing the loudest hawaiian shirt I could find, but Mario has us ALL beat!

cassiesmom
02-22-2007, 02:26 PM
HEY! THROW A DOUBLE COLD SOMETHING OVER HERE!

This fire pit is HOT!!!

Pig's almost done, guys. Anyone think to get some poi?

LH - no poi for me; tastes like wallpaper paste ... could you please pass the macadamia nuts? It's in the upper 30s and nice and sunny here today. Thinking about Hawaii and the beach I feel warmer already!

gini
02-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi all, sorry I am late - but you made me go rummage around in my closet and clear in the back I found my Hawaiian shirt and a couple of dresses. But they needed to be washed and ironed - they looked pretty tired.

Don't you like this pink number? And which side am I supposed to wear this flower behind my ear? I always forget.

Mario - you little bugger - you swiped my flower!

Anything with rum in it would be fine with me.

What? You want me to help serve drinks? Oh, o.k. - and by the way, I hear Richard's muffled voice coming from the L & F. Did Oprah gag him and throw him in there?:D

Cinder & Smoke
02-22-2007, 04:47 PM
:confused:

The snow is starting to melt. :p

:rolleyes: Our beautiful snow is turning into mush & mud.

Melt ... Mush & Mud ... ???

Forecast: "Occasional, INTERMITTANT, snow 'showers' today ..."

And we got: FIVE Hours of Steady SNOW ... about an Inch worth ... and STILL snowing!

Guess Again, oh trusty Weather Profit. :rolleyes:

I'm havin a ruff tyme slippin my Grass Skirt on over my snowsuit! :p
I've got my sandilz on, though ... inside my mukluks.

DrKym
02-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Gini one Coconut rum and an umbrella since Mario stole your flower!

Pink is so your color you look great!

Done!

wolflady
02-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Yum, thanks Dr. Goodnow...that dbl Irish coffee certainly hit the spot! :D

Gini, does that number have fish on it? *giggle* If so, it's a must that you wear it. Where's Mr. Fish? He may enjoy our little feast here!

Perhaps this is what's keeping the barkeep...
http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1976/3/68/65/59/50/2/250596568303_0_ALB.jpg

:eek:

catland
02-23-2007, 04:05 PM
we have more liquid sunshine scheduled for this weekend, so I want to enjoy the tiki party while I can. Gini - you look fab in that muu-muu.