PDA

View Full Version : I am very upset. (Update: Post #19)

Kfamr
02-21-2007, 03:15 PM
My boss recently got ownership of another store. He wants this store to be up to his expectations. He is sending my mother and I to work there permanently, starting Monday. I've known about this for about a month now.

I will be leaving the people I work with now - the ones I have grown with. My first job. My best friends. My regular customers. I will be getting a new schedual. I will be getting new co-workers, etc, etc, etc.

I guess it just hit because I am sitting here bawling. I have no choice at all. My mom wants to go, she is my transportation. So, I either quit or I have to go. I don't want to go, I am dreading it, I don't want change like this. But I can't afford to quit. It's like getting a new job all over again.

I hate this so much.

Queen of Poop
02-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Change is difficult. But think of all the NEW people you will meet. New customers, new co-workers. It could be a really good thing for you. It will expand your horizons, interpersonal skills. Give it a shot and don't be afraid. You excelled where you are, no reason for that not to happen in the new location. You will do just fine.

Husky_mom
02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Change is difficult. But think of all the NEW people you will meet. New customers, new co-workers. It could be a really good thing for you. It will expand your horizons, interpersonal skills. Give it a shot and don't be afraid. You excelled where you are, no reason for that not to happen in the new location. You will do just fine.

Amen to that!!

at least give it a try.......and see how that works........

sendign good vibes for whatever decision you make........((hugs)) and hang in there

Blue_Frog
02-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Aw Kay -- I'm sooo sorry to hear that you're being transferred! Thats gotta suck for you :(

On a positive note, from what you wrote he wants the store to be up to 'his standards' and is sending you and your mom there -- thats a huge compliment for you! Setting up a new store is a huge oportunity that he has trusted to you guys!

Is there any way that you could do a couple shifts at the old store still to keep up with whats going on there?

Uabassoon
02-21-2007, 03:32 PM
That's exactly how I felt when I was transfered 6 months ago. I'd worked at one location for a year and a half. I loved my coworkers and I loved my regulars, there were so many customers that I was used to seeing one, twice and even sometimes three times a day! I didn't want to leave any of them, but since the district manager was the one that wanted me to transfer I knew I didn't have a choice.

Now I LOVE my new store. I love all of my new coworkers, I still see my friends from the old store often, but now I have new friends as well. I've made lots of new regulars that I love, and once in a while one of my old regulars will come in and it's makes the day special because it's so much fun to catch up. It's just like seeing an old friend :D . The first week might be tough, but soon I'm sure you'll realize it's not as bad as you think!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-21-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you have to leave the store you are so happy at. The manager must really feel like you are up to the task though, or he wouldn't have asked you to do it.

I know how you feel about having to change, though- at every new job I'm at, I am terrified the first day...I know my fears are groundless, but that doesn't stop me from feeling them! Gradually, you will get used to working in the new store- maybe you will even like it better! And you will have your mom with you. Good luck, I hope things turn out well.

wolf_Q
02-21-2007, 03:39 PM
I know you are upset about this Kay, and I understand why. I really hope you will be pleasantly surprised about the new location. Lots of luck to you on the first day!

Jadapit
02-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Dealing with change can be really hard, I know your upset Kay its hard to leave what we are used to but your an amazing girl, you have a wonderful personality. Your boss must think very higly of you to send you to the new store. I bet your one of his best workers.

You will make new friends, and new customers that will love you as much as your old ones do.

You hang in there you will be fine and do great, I just know it! (((HUGS)))

beeniesmom
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey, I know it seems like a drag now but I'm sure you'll make new friends in no time. I had the same thing happen to me at an office I worked at several years ago. They transferred me to the new location (20 min. further drive too). I have to say that after a few months I felt at home again and was happier even.
HUGSnKISSES

slleipnir
02-21-2007, 04:02 PM
It will be hard. "new" jobs are always hard and stressful...but it may be a good experience for you. You'll meet new friends and new regulars. How far away are they? maybe some of your regulars will come visit you there! I would like ot think if I moved to a new bar some of my regulars would come see me too.

I'm sorry it's so hard for you though, but it always is. I hope eveything goes smoothly for you.

borzoimom
02-21-2007, 04:09 PM
I agree- I know its hard now- but look at it as a whole new crowd...

pitc9
02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
I feel so bad for you Kay! :(

Sometimes it's hard to make friends in the workplace, then you are up rooted and have to start over again.

But we'll always be here for you!
:D

mike001
02-21-2007, 04:23 PM
There might be a surprise waiting at the other job. Changes can sometimes bring great things.

Rachel
02-21-2007, 04:50 PM
I agree with what the others have said. Adding to that is that change (as difficult as it is) is part of life, and once you become open to it and successful at it, you have a whole other set of skills under your belt. We all have the utmost confidence in your ability to adapt and grow. I'm not trying to invalidate your feelings, they are real and appropriate to the situation. Just don't let them close you off to the possibilities that lie ahead.

cyber-sibes
02-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Having change forced on you is not pleasant. I've been wrestling with unwanted change for a few months now too. (ie: me to hubby: "You're getting a job where?" :rolleyes: ) But, your boss is choosing you for a reason, he must have a great deal of confidence in your abilities. It will bring new people into your life, and may not be as bad as you think now. Good luck, Kay, I know you'll give it your best shot.

Kfamr
02-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I probably shouldn't be such a baby, but I'm still incredibly upset. I've been crying on and off since I got home. I suppose what really set it off was our marketing director handing us "thank you" cards and a gift today.

One thing that is going to drive me crazy is how slow this store is. It doesn't get as nearly as much business as the store I am at now. Just the other day we did 118 cars through the drive-thru in 1 lunch hour.

I am hoping as the quality improves more people will frequent. It is going to be long, hard, and difficult. We've got to teach/re-train them in small steps. I imagine some of them may be upset with us at first, too.

Pat, I think the fact that it's being forced on me hurts the most. I've been juggling with the idea of leaving the company all together and doing something animal related. However, I couldn't because of the same reasons I don't want to leave now.

borzoimom
02-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Then make the business by good reference to customers. Build it up.. YOu can do it! ;)

chocolatepuppy
02-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Kay, I don't think you're being a baby at all. Change can be tough sometimes. But sometimes, in the end, things turn out much better than we thought they would. ;) I'm sure things will work out well for you and your mom. Best of luck to both of you. :)

Kfamr
02-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Today was my first day. Needless to say, it was quite weird. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - the people are fairly nice. It was just confusing because this all got thrown on us (them and me) pretty quickly and we weren't sure what we were supposed to be doing, where the boss wants us, etc. All ended up working out pretty smoothly.

Queen of Poop
02-26-2007, 01:52 PM
I am glad you had a good first day. Things will only get better.

Husky_mom
02-26-2007, 01:57 PM
glad it went smooth.......weird.....but smooth.......

wishing you for everything to go better from now on......you must be great for your boss wanted you to make this other place great as well......keep up ......we are here supporting you in every move.......

btw lovely new cam........are you keeping your older one *hint hint*.........

pitc9
02-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be.
I hope tomorrow will be even better for you!! :D

Bengalz
02-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Way to go Kay - you will do a fine job :D Although change can be tough, don't let it deter you. Sometimes changes bring the best opportunities to learn and progress.

I'm so glad things went better than you expected. Give it a few days and you'll feel much better about everything :D

Alysser
02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Kay, I hope you adjust to your new job soon, I'm so sorry you had to leave your old workplace, co-workers for this, etc. But it will get better.

Good luck!