PDA

View Full Version : Unique PT Swap Poll... Question

king2005
02-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Ok I know this might sound a little odd, but it just popped into my head & I have talked to 2 other PT members & they thought it would be a really spiffy & unique Swap gift.

Ok my swapper is on one of my many routes to other cities (Canada & the USA... I do travel up to 8hrs away in both counties from my home) I travel too. I think it would be a really spiffy idea if I hand delivered my gift with Bear! Not saying I'll stay long, but kind of a hi, get licked by Bear kind of thing.

Please be honest & truthful!
If my swapper replies & says no, I wont take any offence to it as its suppose to be mailed out & I'm not a well liked member, so I'm expecting a lot of no's. I just thought it was a spiffy & fun idea as the swapper is on one of my routes (litterly only 1-2km off my route).

Happy Swap giving!

JenBKR
02-21-2007, 09:55 AM
I think that's a neat idea, sounds like fun! And don't ever say you are not a well liked member! :eek: Of course you are!!

kittycats_delight
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I am not involved in the swap but I wanted to vot anyway. :P

My 2 cents worth...I think it is a really nice idea. I mean it is a very special way to deliver and it shows real interest in the person you are swapping with and there pets. I really like it.

Karen
02-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Well, considering the swap is supposed to be a surprise, and your swapper doesn't know who they are receiving from, it might be kinda hard to arrange! It'd be fun otherwise, but that would sure throw a monkey-wrench into the works - you wouldn;t want to get there and have no one home!

king2005
02-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, considering the swap is supposed to be a surprise, and your swapper doesn't know who they are receiving from, it might be kinda hard to arrange! It'd be fun otherwise, but that would sure throw a monkey-wrench into the works - you wouldn;t want to get there and have no one home!

Ya I know, but I go that way anyways, so its not a big deal if that person isn't home. I can still mail it out & it'll still be a suprise. I promiss not to show up at 4am banging on the door lol It'll be more so around lunch time & on a sat.

Catty1
02-21-2007, 11:07 AM
My recipient is too far away from you - but thanks! :)

beeniesmom
02-21-2007, 03:53 PM
voted... :)

petslover
02-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I would have to say no. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I am a private person. I really don't even like company lol.. especially unexpected.. but like I said I am more of a loner.

Kfamr
02-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Does sound a little odd to me, especially since it would be a surprise and not an arranged visit.

That said, I have given my gift swap in person - When in Findlay I had Cincy's Mom as my swapper and I gave it to her at the meeting. :)

ramanth
02-23-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm not adverse to company, but I would feel bad if someone made the trip and I wasn't home.

Plus like Karen said, it's supposed to be a surprise, so it'd be hard to organize. However, I'd love to hand deliver to my gift swapper recipent, but they live too far away.

king2005
02-26-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm not adverse to company, but I would feel bad if someone made the trip and I wasn't home.

Plus like Karen said, it's supposed to be a surprise, so it'd be hard to organize. However, I'd love to hand deliver to my gift swapper recipent, but they live too far away.

I understand that, but this person is on my way, so if I miss them its really not big deal, cause I can still mail it out & it'll still be a suprise.

areias
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I would think that as long as your swapper is adult, it might be ok. If it is a teen or something, their parents may be a little freaked out!

king2005
02-26-2007, 12:30 PM
I would think that as long as your swapper is adult, it might be ok. If it is a teen or something, their parents may be a little freaked out!

I have to agree there, I would never do this if the person was a teen.