PDA

View Full Version : Where did I go wrong?

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2007, 04:24 AM
My daughter uttered words last night that I hoped I would never hear...................."Mum, they are only dogs" :eek: :eek:

Too late to put her up for adoption I suppose................I remember the days when she used to say how she was the envy of her friends because her mum loved having lots of animals around **sigh**

joycenalex
02-21-2007, 04:56 AM
..sigh..buck up, those years are only temporary, annoying at times, but temporary

Killearn Kitties
02-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Too late to put her up for adoption I suppose

But not too late to take the money you were going to spend on her driving lessons and paying her first couple of months' rent on a flat. Then tell her the rest is up to her! ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2007, 06:22 AM
But not too late to take the money you were going to spend on her driving lessons and paying her first couple of months' rent on a flat. Then tell her the rest is up to her! ;)

Ha ha!! Great plan!!! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Well... they are never too old for a spankin either! ;)

borzoimom
02-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Or while shopping " its only a sweater, its only shoes- dont you have them???"
I take it she is a teen?? Next time you get a comment like that- hand her a b complex.. lol..

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2007, 07:02 AM
I take it she is a teen?? Next time you get a comment like that- hand her a b complex.. lol..

17 :rolleyes:

borzoimom
02-21-2007, 07:08 AM
17 :rolleyes:
That explains it.. I went through some " sibling rivalry" with my daughter verses the dogs at that age too. Be prepared for the " you love the dogs more than you do me!" statement. ( My reply was ' well they never complain about anything..." with a grin on my face..) ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2007, 08:27 AM
That explains it.. I went through some " sibling rivalry" with my daughter verses the dogs at that age too. Be prepared for the " you love the dogs more than you do me!" statement. ( My reply was ' well they never complain about anything..." with a grin on my face..) ;)

Thanks! I'll remember that one :D

mike001
02-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Just the opposite over here. My daughter gives me an update on her dog every mornin by e-mail.I know exactly when she groomed her, when she fed her, how the dog acted during the evening and especially just what cute things this dog does that is almost human. I almost can't bear to open my mail each morning...lol...Believe me, when your daughter gets over this stqage she will become another dog fanatic. :)

borzoimom
02-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Just the opposite over here. My daughter gives me an update on her dog every mornin by e-mail.I know exactly when she groomed her, when she fed her, how the dog acted during the evening and especially just what cute things this dog does that is almost human. I almost can't bear to open my mail each morning...lol...Believe me, when your daughter gets over this stqage she will become another dog fanatic. :)
My daughter is like that now- even asks how my dogs are before asking how I am .. lol. But she wasnt like that at 17. She loved animals but once in a while- you get one of those comments.... lol. Didnt last long- but it was there..

shais_mom
02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Too late to put her up for adoption I suppose................**sigh**
this about made me spit my milk over the monitor.
that's funny.
I agree - hold tight and remember its only temporary!

Freedom
02-21-2007, 09:55 AM
( My reply was ' well they never complain about anything..." )

OR, you could say, "well they ALWAYS eat their vegetables!"

JenBKR
02-21-2007, 09:57 AM
How in the world did this happen? I think you need to send her to boot camp or something ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2007, 09:58 AM
OR, you could say, "well they ALWAYS eat their vegetables!"

or................"at least they don't want driving lessons/concert tickets/sleepovers/taking here, there and everywhere............"

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2007, 10:00 AM
How in the world did this happen? ;)

A mix up at the hospital all those years ago...........I took her home lol!!!