PDA

View Full Version : To Know Me is to Love Me

Medusa
02-20-2007, 06:48 PM
My vet, Dr. Lee, included this about family pets in his newsletter. If you have already seen this elsewhere, please indulge me.

Blessings,
Mary

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Spend lots of time w/me, as I won't be around forever.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.

3. Take me regularly to visit our vet. It is crucial for my wellbeing.

4. Know that however you treat me, I will forgive you but I will never forget.

5. Please don't be angry w/me for long. I treasure every moment w/you, unconditionally.

6. Talk to me. Touch me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand you, your voice, your actions.

7. Please don't ever hit me. Do not push me to the point where I must defend myself.

8. Cherish our time together. Care for me as I get old. You, too, will grow old.

9. If I'm lazy or uncooperative, maybe something's wrong w/me...or you. Before you scold me, look inside. We can figure it out together.

10. Go w/me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.

Laura's Babies
02-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Wow! That is perfect! Thanks!

DrKym
02-20-2007, 07:15 PM
you need an LES warning!

I have seen it before and I am grateful you posted it again!
Thanks for sharing!

Kym

catmandu
02-20-2007, 07:23 PM
I Wish That Every Prospective Cat And Dog Guardian Would Read This Before They Take A Pet In.
That Would Save A Lot Of Pain And Suffering.

KitCat
02-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Maybe I shouldn't be reading this on my break, now my eyes are tearing!

sprokett
02-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Maybe I shouldn't be reading this on my break, now my eyes are tearing!

mine two

phesina
02-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Thank you. That is perfect. I am going to be passing it on to the folks at our shelter (perhaps also to give out to future adopters.. BEFORE they adopt, as Gary says) and to many other friends who I know will also be moved by it.

Pat, with LES

P.S., from Peony, Priscilla, Sydney, Poppy, and Elmer:
OF COURSE! Who could possibly not understand these things?

orangemm
02-22-2007, 04:55 AM
As soon as I read this, I got up and looked for my boys, gave them scritches, treats and lots of lovins. You can't love them too much.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-22-2007, 05:40 AM
10. Go w/me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.

:( :( I couldn't stay when Cally was PTS :( :( something I regret so much now :( :(

Does it make me a bad meowmie? :(

Medusa
02-22-2007, 08:49 PM
If you learned from it, that's what matters. I don't know the circumstances and even if I did, I don't judge. We all have regrets. And your Cally is at peace now and I'm sure she's forgiven you for whatever mistakes you've made. Be at peace. :)

Blessings,
Mary

Pawsitive Thinking
02-23-2007, 03:43 AM
If you learned from it, that's what matters. I don't know the circumstances and even if I did, I don't judge. We all have regrets. And your Cally is at peace now and I'm sure she's forgiven you for whatever mistakes you've made. Be at peace. :)

Blessings,
Mary

Thank you

orangemm
02-23-2007, 04:21 AM
I printed this out so I will never forget.

momcat
02-23-2007, 08:58 AM
:( :( I couldn't stay when Cally was PTS :( :( something I regret so much now :( :(

Does it make me a bad meowmie? :(

Of course not! You gave Cally a life full of love, care, and all the good things every kitty deserves. Pets hold a very special place in the lives of those of us who love them and it isn't easy when the time comes for us to let them go. This was a tough decision, there's no right or wrong. Don't feel bad, Cally knows you loved her.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Of course not! You gave Cally a life full of love, care, and all the good things every kitty deserves. Pets hold a very special place in the lives of those of us who love them and it isn't easy when the time comes for us to let them go. This was a tough decision, there's no right or wrong. Don't feel bad, Cally knows you loved her.

Thank you to you too :D

JenBKR
02-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Major LES.....

kallisto4529
02-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Thank you so much for posting that, I have read it before but it is perfect. I wish as well that so many people would read it before they ever get a pet, it would help so much. People dont realize or dont want to realize they have feelings as well, they feel pain, they feel love, they feel fear, and they should never be afraid of the person that is supposed to love them the most.
thanks again