PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody know the lyrics to this song?

Kalei
02-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone!

For all those horse-lovers out there that have watched Flicka and love the movie. Does anybody know the lyrics to the Horse Lullaby? I know it starts out:

"Hush a bye don't you cry, go to sleepy little baby.
When you wake, you shall have all the pretty little ponies.
Blacks and bays, dapples and greys..."

and right after that I don't know what she said.

LoudLou
02-20-2007, 05:03 PM
All the Pretty Little Horses

Lullaby
And goodnight.
Go to sleep my little ba-by;
When you wake,
you'll have cake,
and all the pretty little horses.
Black and bays,
Dapples and greys,
Coach and six little horses.
Black and bays,
Dapples and greys,
Coach and six little horses.
Lullaby
And goodnight.
Go to sleep my little baby
Sweet roses, go to sleep
Go to sleep my little baby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lullaby

All the Pretty Little Ponies
Traditional
Written By: Unknown
Additional Lyrics By: Kenny Loggins and David Pack
Source: "Return to Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins
Copyright © 1994 Gnossos Music
USED WITH PERMISSION

Hush a bye,
Don't you cry,
Go to sleep, my little baby.
When you wake,
You shall have
All the pretty little ponies.
In your bed,
Momma said,
Baby's riding off to dreamland.
One by one,
They've begun,
Dance and prance for little baby.
Blacks and bays,
Dapples and greys,
Running in the night.
When you wake,
You shall have
All the pretty little ponies.
Can you see the little ponies
Dance before your eyes?
All the pretty little ponies
Will be there when you arise.
(See also: All the Pretty Little Horses)

http://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/a018.html

Hope that helps. :)

Genny
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
That's a sweet song! I really loved the movie though, didn't you guys?

I also liked the song Tim McGraw sang too ' my beautiful baby girl' it goes something like that, but I'm not sure if that's what it's called! It was also on the movie and even though I don't have any kids I still loved the song it was sweet--

Do you have horses, Kalei????

DrKym
02-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I never heard that version , I always sang (obviously now wrongly to my kids and grands)
Lullaby and Goodnight
with roses Bedight, with lillies bedecked is babies wee bed, sleep now my baby, sleep now my child,
Wake with the morning light , so tender and mild.

Lullaby and goodnight,
with roses bedight with lillies bedecked is babies wee bed,
slee now my baby sleep now my babe
Wake with the morning light
so Tender and mild
:o

I would aslways change the second verse though, to either daughter or son.
my 10 year old still asks for it and trust me I give it anytime he asks! Next week he will be married and have his own kids!! I know this because yesterday his sisters were little more than 3!(even if they do have 2 kids each and hubbies :( )

Kalei
02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]That's a sweet song! I really loved the movie though, didn't you guys?

I also liked the song Tim McGraw sang too ' my beautiful baby girl' it goes something like that, but I'm not sure if that's what it's called! It was also on the movie and even though I don't have any kids I still loved the song it was sweet--

Do you have horses, Kalei????

Yes Tim McGraw's song is beautiful. It's called "My Little Girl" I don't have a child either but whenever I listen to it I think of my loving father:)

No, I actually don't have any horses.:( I've wanted to have horses all my life, and have always wished that I was born on a farm or ranch, but I was born in a trailer park and still am in a trailer park, (until september I will be going to a University) but my whole goal in life is to own a horse someday with beautiful land and stable.

Maybe I"ll get lucky and marry a farmer:p But yep, horses are my dream and my life.

And thanks so much for those lyrics LoudLou!:D I am going to buy the movie Flicka next week, I am in love with it. I also love Dreamer with Dakota Fanning! Great movie:D

That's A great Lullaby Dr. Goodnow, I can see why your children would still love to hear it. I know my mom use to sing a tune when I was little and I still like to hear that tune sometimes. It's just soothing.:)