PDA

View Full Version : Farewell, my fine feathered friends

BOBS DAD
02-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Who used to say that???

That line just popped into my head as I began to type... and it seems as if it is from something in the past - a TV show or something??? :confused:

Oh well, anyways I wanted to say Goodbye. Nothing long - No parting shots, just a sincere farewell to the many, many good folks at PT. Times have changed (that's just life) and many of the folks I used to interact with (DaisynDeliahGiniDorothyGingermomIniSmokeyMugsyPem broke and many many others) don't post as much as they used to. I am sure there are many more that I am missing, but I don't want to go on and on.

I wanted do a special thank you to 4 Dog Mother - as the first person to respond to me and to graciously extend her and PT's hospitality. I also want to thank both Paul and Karen for creating PT and inviting us all here. I also wanted to make mention of one recent blanket comment about we men - Lady's Human and I have always been on the opposite spectrum of all issues from the war, to economics and politics. We rarely agreed on anything. Yet, I never ever found LH to be less than articlate and informed. In all of our online debates, I never once felt threatened or in any way attacked by his commentary and/or opinions. I mention this because as different as we were (or are), we obviously share common values as Americans - and never really had to substantiate or validate that obvious connection. I think if he were my neighbor, we would be "good friends". I think that says something about the "men", their level of maturity and sense of security that you have here on PT.

"SORRY IF I AM GETTING YOU IN TROUBLE LH"

I was deleting any and all of my past posts/threads, as my Mother always told me to clean up after myself. But Karen asked me to stop - as it would make the threads confusing to others - and as usual, she is right!!! LOL!

So sorry if I messed up any, but I won't be editing or deleting anymore. So so long and see you around the Internet sometime!!! ;)

beeniesmom
02-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Are you looking for attention?
Maybe you are just taking a break from PT like I did....
We all know you will be back. :)
I did.

finn's mom
02-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Nicely put. Farewell, Bob's Dad!

I've always liked this and wanted to share it, as it seemed appropriate.

"May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His Hand"

Husky_mom
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
I really hop e that this is just a needed break, because I will sur emiss you and your gang.......I loved the many faces of Bob as he grew and all the pics you posted of him an Ginger........

I loved and admired your work as restorating pic........awesome job!!

hope to see you around soon, if you need anything you can always count on me on PT or off PT.........take care and at least visit every once ina while ok?

((hugs to the pooches and humans))

elizabethann
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm upset about this thread. I hope you're not leaving because of the joke you made the other day and several people's reactions to it. :(

I will miss seeing photo's of Bob & Ginger. :(

Give them a big smooch for me, won't you?

:(

JenBKR
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I am also hoping this is just a break, as I would certainly miss you around here. I'm not sure if something happened, but I have always enjoyed your posts. (Not to mention that male perspective that we rarely get around here - even though we always say we don't want it ;) ). Keep in touch if you can, you will be missed!

Cataholic
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Generally, I am usually not the one to chime in and say, "what? Please stay!", but, with you, Bobsdad, I am completely baffled. What happened? Why are you leaving? Why did you see the need to post this? There must be more to the story...what's up?

Killearn Kitties
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
?????

I have never before responded to an "I'm leaving" thread, but what is going on here? You are needed. You have to stay. Please talk to us.

caseysmom
02-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I have always enjoyed your posts Bobsdad hope you come back.

caseysmom
02-20-2007, 03:31 PM
I have always enjoyed your posts Bobsdad hope you come back.

DrKym
02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I will miss you also, please drop in and say Hello! I truly loved reading all your posts. Don't be a stranger!

Kym

critter crazy
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I am very sad that you feel you have to leave! Please drop in once in a while, and let know how things are!

Randi
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I have never before responded to an "I'm leaving" thread, but what is going on here?
I'm wondering too. :confused:

Although I don't go much to the Dog Forums, I have read your posts and seen your lovely pictures - I will miss that! We DO need another PS freak here ;) so please reconsider, or at least check in from time to time! If you don't, I wish you all the best!!

Catty1
02-20-2007, 04:11 PM
BOBSDAD - I always looked forward to your posts, as they always provided such a fair viewpoint.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you...
...you'll be a man, my son."

Thanks to a man with whom I was privileged to be acquainted.

:)

Candace

Pam
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Are you looking for attention?
Maybe you are just taking a break from PT like I did....
We all know you will be back. :)
I did.

We have all taken breaks. Some did with a farewell thread and some did not. Some come back and some don't. I hope you find happiness.

gini
02-20-2007, 04:20 PM
It has made me very sad to see this thread!

lizbud
02-20-2007, 04:42 PM
It has made me very sad to see this thread!

Me too. I am curious as well. It's not uncommon for folks to take a break
from posting as much & folks who say goodbye forever & I do understand
that. What I find troubling is why you would leave & "erase all footprints"
of having ever been a part of PT. So why did you want to delete every post?

Edwina's Secretary
02-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Me three....or me four or whatever the count is....a voice of reason and calm and intelligence and fun....that's what you are Bob's dad!

cyber-sibes
02-20-2007, 05:18 PM
:( Fare thee well, you shall be missed by myself & many others here. I learned a lot from your posts, honestly. You took a lot of time & effort to share a bit of your knowledge with us, and I appreciated it. Perhaps we'll cross paths again someday.

cmayer31
02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm sorry to see you go too Bob's Dad. I was one of the people that said something on the What's this thread and I am sorry if it offended you. I always enjoyed pictures of Bob and Ginger and was even talking with friends about the Out of Bounds photoshop post that you posted because I thought it was so cool. I still have to give it a try :) .

I hope maybe a break is needed more than a farewell, but best of luck either way.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry to see that you are leaving- and at a loss as to why, but I guess we all have our reasons. I hope that you will come back and see us sometimes, I will certainly miss your interesting posts! I think we all will miss having you around. But, if indeed you are leaving us, I bid you a fond farewell and best wishes.

wolf_Q
02-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear you feel like you need to leave. If this is about the "prank" while I think it was in poor taste, I don't think you need to leave over it. I enjoyed photos of Ginger and Bob, I hope everything goes well for you. I think you're always welcome here if you want to come back.

Dorothy39
02-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey Bobsdad, I'm really going to miss your posts~

I've always thought of you as being a Great Pet Talk Member,so of course, I'm sorry that you have decided to leave us .

I've had such a fun time here and you have made so many moments worth living. Ohhh, the pictures of Bob and Bubbles !!!

Please, reconsider~ (You can't delete Memories you know) :cool:

shais_mom
02-20-2007, 11:40 PM
I may not have responded to many of your threads but am still very sorry to see you go.
good luck.

Daisy and Delilah
02-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Dan, I hope you will take the break that you need and return to the board. I have never tried to argue over anyone's wishes to leave but in this case, I must also chime in with my two cents.

I have always loved your approach to things and your wonderful sense of humor. You have added something to the board that has been beneficial and enjoyable to me. I hope your stay away from PT is a very short one. Not only will I miss you, but, pictures of Bob and Ginger as well. Take care and come back soon :)

p.s. Your eloquent writing of the "George Bush" situation is one I'll never forget. It was so "right on", appropriate and needed to be stated badly for a very long time. Thanks for that and many other things. :)

DIANESDOGS
02-21-2007, 11:27 PM
I can't believe it. Hope you reconsider. You can always PM me.