PDA

View Full Version : Labrador Breeder very ill

BC_MoM
02-20-2007, 10:01 AM
CROSS POSTING:

Local breeder is very ill and must give away all dogs immediately!

· QUANTITY: approximately 60 + dogs

· COLORS: Black, Chocolate, Yellow (White)

· QUALITY: These are NOT puppy mill dogs. Decedents of Champion Bloodline Labrador Retrievers, unfortunately no AKC papers are available.

· LOCATION: Kennel is in N. Edmond ( Sooner Rd. & 2.12 miles N of Waterloo )

· CONTACT: Beverly at: 405- 609- 4162 to make arrangements to pick out & take home your favorite dog for FREE.

Retiring owner’s website is www.lovemylabs.com. However, please use the contact information above. And remember we are only interested in giving away dogs to GOOD HOMES/OWNERS!Time is of the essence due to owners’ illness, dogs will go quickly so please hurry, call today!

borzoimom
02-20-2007, 10:07 AM
HOLY COW! Will forward to right people.. Keep us posted..

applesmom
02-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Hopefully the breed rescues in the area have been notified.

If this isn't a puppy mill what is?

"World wide sales.
Specializing in remote sales marketing
Healthy brood bitches all ages and colors for sale.
Background: Specializing in fax, e-mail, telephone orders & subsequent worldwide delivery for 26 years." :eek:

borzoimom
02-20-2007, 10:39 AM
lollllllllllllll... I was wondering the same thing..

binka_nugget
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
:\ The website has BYB/mill written all over it. Makes me think that she's just getting rid of excess "stock". And 60+ dogs... :(

Lori Jordan
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
REGARDLESS, The dogs need a home,i just emailed her my friend has been looking for a lab for awhile,The dogs are better off anyways .

borzoimom
02-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Well- I know someone that got her shepherd- although champion lines before arriving- still well.. it was questionable in nature. Then lack of socialization by not attending classes etc- made bigger problems with the dog.
Champion lines is what THAT generation did- not the current one..

BC_MoM
02-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I only crossposted. I didn't look at the website. Regardless, these dogs need homes.

lizbud
02-20-2007, 11:10 AM
:\ The website has BYB/mill written all over it. Makes me think that she's just getting rid of excess "stock". And 60+ dogs... :(

I agree. No reputable breeder would post an ad for free dogs to anyone
who showed up to take it. Sounds like this "breeder" is in some trouble and
wants to dump the dogs. (nothing against the dogs at all) Also no AKC papers is another tip off. I hope a breed rescue can help in some way.For
the sake of the dogs.

Lori Jordan
02-20-2007, 11:11 AM
I only crossposted. I didn't look at the website. Regardless, these dogs need homes.
That is exactly right who care if she is a BYB that is not the dogs fault they were not asked to be brought into this world,They need help right now.

.sarah
02-20-2007, 11:16 AM
From what's being said on a Lab board, she is letting people just come and take whatever dogs they want without any care in the world. And there were many more than 60 dogs there.

borzoimom
02-20-2007, 11:29 AM
REGARDLESS, The dogs need a home,i just emailed her my friend has been looking for a lab for awhile,The dogs are better off anyways .
AMEN- and why i sent it to people that can help -... I hope..

borzoimom
02-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes- And God bless you for doing so.. I just hope some of my people can help. Its sooooooo far away!

Lori Jordan
02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
From what's being said on a Lab board, she is letting people just come and take whatever dogs they want without any care in the world. And there were many more than 60 dogs there.

This is just so sad,I pray to god that all these dogs get out of there and all get fixed or spayed so this all stops now!But i know from Mollys breeders she hung her jacket up ,she is no longer breeding anymore and she still sold all her dogs,Now maggys Breeders The mans wife had brain Cancer he had Shelties,Retrievers plus border collies he had offered us Maggys Dad Brendan for free,We always taken a liking to him but we decided against it he was a lovely dog but we were not ready to add another to our home,But that was one dog not all of them.

He has georgous dogs,They all found loving homes!

BorderColliez
02-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Agreed.

buttercup132
02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Even if it is a puppymill it's not like your really supporting it. She giving the dogs away for free. She cant be THAT bad if shes not trying to still get money like most BYB's who would be asking alot of money still. That's just what I think. Hopefully they will get good homes.

binka_nugget
02-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Even if it is a puppymill it's not like your really supporting it. She giving the dogs away for free. She cant be THAT bad if shes not trying to still get money like most BYB's who would be asking alot of money still. That's just what I think. Hopefully they will get good homes.

I'm not saying these dogs don't deserve good homes.. I hope they all find great homes.. but some rescues won't take dogs from these kinds of situations because they see it as directly helping the BYB/mill and making room for more puppies and usable studs/bitches. It's kind of like the pet store debate; some say buying a pup from a pet store saves the puppy from horrific conditions, while others say that it's just making room for another product from the industry.

king2005
02-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Mybe shes not giving out any CKC papers because she doesn't want the dogs to go into breeding programs? If the breeder is dying, she could just fear that the dogs will be put in harms way if she passed away & they were all left on her property & that they would all be sent to the shelter & PTS as there are just too many for one shelter...

I hope thats the case & shes just desperate to try to find some of the dogs homes.

Waterloo isn't too far from here

Sophist
02-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I look at it this way... if she is a breeder of questionable character (haven't looked at the website yet) then she probably won't put a lot more care or effort into rehoming these dogs than this give-away. I'd rather see a PT'er grab a free puppymill breeder and retire it than see that puppymill breeder just get dumped unfixed to have stray puppies on the street.

BorderColliez
02-20-2007, 08:04 PM
I've got some news for you all..
one of my friends is calling today and are wanting to foster 2 or 3 dogs. They would be taking the pups and finding homes for them.

I hope they can get ahold of the breeder :D

BorderColliez
02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I really don't like the webiste or the dirty pups or anything, but like BC Mom said, regardless, the dogs need homes.

3muttsandaboston
02-20-2007, 08:22 PM
The dogs on the website look well cared for and the owners look very elderly I feel sorry for the owners and these dogs.

BorderColliez
02-23-2007, 07:06 PM
My friends mom called but they wont be fostering any dogs because the only dogs left are 3+ years old and they dont want a dog that has lived in a kennel all its life

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 07:24 PM
KEEP this in mind- it could be without papers because the AKC registration could be revolked ..