PDA

View Full Version : I Miss My Grandfather ..

sandragonfly
02-19-2007, 06:34 PM
today I've thought a lot about him cleaning through my stacks of cards, seeing his name everywhere and a few pictures of us..

I bursted out tears when I looked at calendar and realize it has been a bit over a year now.. I don't believe this. :( this happened just right before I drove across america. his health didn't just bounced down the hill, unexpectedly rolled downhill so quickly and had his gangrene leg amputated under 24 hours then died with diabetes. I wish so much he never went gone. he was a good guy, loves to read, travel, tease, visit grandchildfires and had a deep sense of humor. I know good memories, laughters are leftover blessings but we would have done a lot more together - home cooking, go to baseball games, shopping, play cards, rather than him watching over me ub there. my grandmother's days had been up and down, and sick also since his sudden death - I worry so much about her. I wish I am not too far away from her. they were married for 56 years..

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos235/4/87/76/45/90/0/90457687403_0_ALB.jpg

if it weren't for them, I'd never learned love.

you never had a bad day, gramps. I know you miss us all down here too.. love you. :( :(

Catty1
02-19-2007, 06:42 PM
:) My grandads passed before I was born...but I have an adopted "Granpa", and he is so dear to me.

"Pappy" and Jennie are in a senior's centre now; Pappy has Alzheimer's.

I get sad...but that is part of love.

What you said shows how much you loved and loved your Grampa, and love your Grandma.

To me, anyway.

{{{hugs}}}

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I miss my grandfather too- Terribly! And when my grandmother died- it was awful. ... I know EXACTLY what you mean...

rg_girlca
02-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Gina, I am so sorry that you are missing your grandfather, but it is only normal, afterall it has been only a year since he's been gone. I know you would rather have him here with you, but do take some comfort in knowing that he will always be with you in spirit.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} dear girl.

Marigold2
02-19-2007, 10:10 PM
What a great photo of them. How happy they look. Seems like he had a great life and made the most of it, that is all we can ask for. He would want you to be happy. Everytime you laugh or smile think of them, no greater gift can you give yourself or your grandfather.

sandragonfly
02-19-2007, 10:26 PM
((thank you all))

I don't want to accept that he's really gone yet, I suppose. it pains me when my dear grandmother pains too, she never lives a life alone. I have been so focused on myself since I moved here 3,000 miles away, living a chaotic life and now things are starting to settle down, realizing time flew by.. it's only a beginning of grievance I guess.

Catty1
02-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I am sorry I missed the photo.

I hope you have some peace with your grief, Gina.

{{{hugs}}}

dukedogsmom
02-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Cherish those memories though and try not to say "what if". I'm sure he know how much you loved him.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-20-2007, 04:01 AM
As long as you have your memories Gramps will never be far away. My Dad is with me all the time, in my heart :D

Lori Jordan
02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
I feel for you i lost my Grandpa Oct 31 2003,He was my best friend and more of a father to me then my own was,He was such a stubborn man,he would not see a doctor and his health deteriated,He died alone i hate myself for not being there,But no body told me a thing i went months without talking to my family,I hated myself i still do for not being there with him,But 2 days before he passed he made a remark"Dont cry just let me go"I found him 2 days later and that will live with me for the rest of my life,Gina if you need to talk just drop me a line.It is hard and it is something we will never get over i feel you pain

Hugs