PDA

View Full Version : OMG! He locked me out!!!!

Sirrahsim
02-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I am so upset at myself :( I just had to break into my own house because Tyler went in about two steps ahead of me and slammed the door. Of course the door was locked so I was outside and my not even two year old was inside!!! We had been playing out on the porch but I stopped to grab his trucks to bring in with us and that is when he slammed the door.

I strated freaking out but with the help of the neighbors we were able to find an open window and break in through the screen...
Thank God that he was ok and that I had opened up the windows to let the breeze in.

Husky_mom
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
what a scare!!........gladly you got back in...........

Oh Tyler...........it might seem fun but mommy just freaked..........so would I....

I bet mommy knows you are faster now ;).........just donīt leave her out

DrKym
02-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Relax! this is the first of many things that later you will laugh at I promise!

My daughter wandered about 3 feet from me in a toys r us when she about 3 or 4....realized that she couldnt see me in the sea of legs and began crying........well the helpful girl walked her to the front with me in hot pursuit...........by the time I cuaght up all the time hauling her little sister and yelling EXCUSE ME THATS MY KID......... i came up to the service counter just in time to hear my daughter calmy explain that her mom got lost , and could they call for the old woman in the purple dress?? :eek:

animal_rescue
02-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Thankfully thought he didn't get hurt!

Relax! this is the first of many things that later you will laugh at I promise!

My daughter wandered about 3 feet from me in a toys r us when she about 3 or 4....realized that she couldnt see me in the sea of legs and began crying........well the helpful girl walked her to the front with me in hot pursuit...........by the time I cuaght up all the time hauling her little sister and yelling EXCUSE ME THATS MY KID......... i came up to the service counter just in time to hear my daughter calmy explain that her mom got lost , and could they call for the old woman in the purple dress?? :eek:

*snorts* umm no I'm not laughing! Gee some kids! :mad: :p :D

Chica
02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
THIS WON'T BE THE FIRST TIME. I LEAVE SPARE KEYS HIDDEN IN MY GARAGE WHEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS.MY GARAGE HAS A CODE TO OPEN, SO I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN GET THE KEYS. :)

gini
02-19-2007, 05:03 PM
The title of your book can be - "Why Mom's have grey hair!"

Thank goodness everyone was alright.

critter crazy
02-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Thank god you were able to get in quickly! I am sure you were more freaked then tyler!

My stepson locked himself ina car when he was 18 months old! Hubby was freaked out! he had to call AAA, cause Zak just refused to unlock the doors, he was having way too much fun!:D

Sirrahsim
02-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I think I have sprouted at least a dozen new gray hairs!!!
I am so upset because I ALWAYS bring a set of keys out with me but for some reason I didn't today. I may laugh about this later but right now I am SO upset.
When I was pregnant with Tyler I had a dream that CPS came and took him away. Since then I have had an irrational fear of ANYTHING that could be misinterpreted as negligent behavior. :( :(
How could I be so stupid? I am so mad at myself :( :(

DrKym
02-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I think I have sprouted at least a dozen new gray hairs!!!
I am so upset because I ALWAYS bring a set of keys out with me but for some reason I didn't today. I may laugh about this later but right now I am SO upset.
When I was pregnant with Tyler I had a dream that CPS came and took him away. Since then I have had an irrational fear of ANYTHING that could be misinterpreted as negligent behavior. :( :(
How could I be so stupid? I am so mad at myself :( :(

Im so sorry hunny, I meant no disrespect.
Please try to relax and enjoy your son, from your posts and from what others have said about you, It is very obvious you are a great mom!
One mishap that happens to thousands of moms daily won't bring the wrath of CPS upon your steps. Believe me. I am sorry if my post was misinterpreted, i had no idea you were so frightened, I guess after 22 foster kids 5 steps and 3 kids of my own I am bit more seasoned and find the humor in the things that kids do, especially with a mom that is quick thinking enough to climb in a window. I am glad you are both fine.
I am sincerely sorry if I caused you more stress.

Sirrahsim
02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Im so sorry hunny, I meant no disrespect.
Please try to relax and enjoy your son, from your posts and from what others have said about you, It is very obvious you are a great mom!
One mishap that happens to thousands of moms daily won't bring the wrath of CPS upon your steps. Believe me. I am sorry if my post was misinterpreted, i had no idea you were so frightened, I guess after 22 foster kids 5 steps and 3 kids of my own I am bit more seasoned and find the humor in the things that kids do, especially with a mom that is quick thinking enough to climb in a window. I am glad you are both fine.
I am sincerely sorry if I caused you more stress.

No no no! I'm not upset at you at all!!! I'm upset at the situation but not at you or anyone else who responded!!
It just takes a little while for the adrenaline to wear off... Not to mention the fact that I am pregnant so I'm 1000 times more emotional then I normally would be. :)

Freedom
02-19-2007, 05:54 PM
This is why they make those little magnetic key holders, hidey rocks, and such.

My garage also has the code panel to get it open. The one time I was locked out . . . the battery had died, so that didn't work either. We now have . . . something worked out, as I routinely lock myself out, much to Dad's frustration.

Tyler couldn't, or wouldn't, open the door for you, huh? You've got some fun times ahead with that little guy!

Just remember, he is OK, you found a solution so you are capable as a mom, and everything is going to be fine!

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I am so upset at myself :( I just had to break into my own house because Tyler went in about two steps ahead of me and slammed the door. Of course the door was locked so I was outside and my not even two year old was inside!!! We had been playing out on the porch but I stopped to grab his trucks to bring in with us and that is when he slammed the door.

I strated freaking out but with the help of the neighbors we were able to find an open window and break in through the screen...
Thank God that he was ok and that I had opened up the windows to let the breeze in.
This is why we use the dead bolts and the other locks uh no.. and hide a key..

Glacier
02-19-2007, 07:55 PM
As a former child protection social worker, let me assure you that no one is going to take your boy away over something like this. Now if you lock him in on purpose and go on a three day bender, you have something to worry about! Somehow I just can't see that happening so I'm sure you are safe!

When my niece was an infant, my sister accidently locked Naomi in the car. She called a locksmith and then called me. I will never forget the panic in her voice. She was sure my co-workers would be showing up any minute to take her daughter!

I'm glad you found a way in before Tyler got into anything!

joycenalex
02-20-2007, 06:10 AM
i am soooo glad i didn't have coffee while reading this :). one of my clearest childhood memories, bout 3 i guess, is pushing the door shut behind my mom, in WINTER mind you and locking her out. she was taking out the trash, wearing only a night gown and i recall laughing as she pounded on the door and i was looking at her through the glass. i do not trecall the likely punishment for this, but i'm sure it happened.
i've always been afraid alex would close a door behind me so i open the inside door wide and check the lock before i run out to the trash and i never just wear a nightgown, grey sweats, but never a nightgown....i know karma is waiting for me :eek:

joycenalex
02-20-2007, 06:13 AM
... and, BTW, quit beating yourself up, you're still human, not perfect and you will make mistakes. and 45 years from now, he'll be telling someone about the day he locked you out, since his kid did the same thing to him.....

Logan
02-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Missy, when my first husband and I seperated, Helen and I moved into an apartment. The first "mishap" was that one night, while sleeping in her bedroom, she got up and went to open her door (which I had left cracked), and she shut it, then when turning the knob, she locked it. Thank goodness, I had a good friend there, who helped me take the knob off of the door and get her out. Helen was two years old at that time.

In that same apartment, several months later, Helen got out of her bed and unlocked the dead bolt on the door that led into a hallway and went out, sometime after midnight. I just remember waking up from a dead sleep and hearing "Mama, Mama" and I ran and found her out on the sidewalk in front of our apartment building. I thought I would die. Thank goodness I sleep lightly and heard her cries. I shudder to think what could have happened. A chain lock was installed the next day, very high on the door, so that this could never happen again. But I always worry, even today, with her being 16 years old.

It is a "mom" thing and we are entitled to worry and be obsessed with our children's safety. I'm glad Tyler and you are fine.

Logan

Pawsitive Thinking
02-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Kids eh??

When Katie was tiny she thought a game of hide and seek among the clothes in a department store would be fun :eek: I must have aged 10 years in the few minutes it took to find her

Cataholic
02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
LOL. You all have much cooler heads than I! When Jonah got locked in the car, safely in his carseat, in coolish temps (so, no chance of heat problems), I panicked, forgot where my spare key to the house was, couldn't find a phone to plug into the wall jack (I only use my cell, and it, with my keys, were in the car), couldn't remember my address when I called 911, and ONLY because the woman answering the dispatch was calm, was I able to tell her what was going on.

Big firetruck, followed by police car- LOL. I couldn't talk when they got outta the truck, but, again, they were calm, and within 5 minutes, Jones was out, and happily staring at the firetruck.

Just wait, Missy, In a few more months, Tyler will be able to open the cardoor locks, the house door, and all he** will break loose, again. :p

Randi
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Don't blame yourself, these things can happen. I'd sugggest you have a spare key somewhere in your garden, or with a neighbor.

Years from now, you're gonna laugh about it - it may even come up in a speech for his wedding or some other occasion. LOL!

Here, it would definately be included in a one of the songs people write for a round birthday. :D

Husky_mom
02-20-2007, 11:42 AM
I have a "story" for you.......

once my cousin locked herself in the bathroom with the button on, in that house the lock could not be taken off that door knob I donīt know why, pretty strange, and the window (only way out, unless knocking down the door) had this bars so.......we couldnīt squeeze her out and no one could squeeze in to let her out........we had to try with some broom sticks and try to release the button.........it took a while and my aunt just freaked out......but we got her out.......besides she was so small that telling her what to do to unlock herself was pointless she didnīt understanded at the time, she was sooo small.......

anyway, glad again nothing happened and just like my "story" youīll laugh it up, but the scare itīs nothing to have fun about, gladly you got in quick