PDA

View Full Version : Update 2

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Lut's words:
" Hi dear pt-friends! Thank you for all the sweet words, it all means a lot to me. Being home is great. I love looking at our garden, I can cuddle
my " furry nurses' as mach as I want, and I have my family pampering me.
BUT the pain in my leg is almost unbearable; My surgery will be on March 2 , still 10 days to go. I hope I can cope with the pain untill then...
hugs !
LUt "

ps: I warned the hospital about possibble cards for me. They will forward them to my home adress!

Catty1
02-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Indra, thank you! Is the hernia operation going to help your mom's leg? I don't know how all these things work...

Sincerest prayers that she feels better SOON...and I wish they could get her in sooner!

Lut, February is a short month! By the time you are reading this, you are that much closer to treatment!

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

lvpets2002
02-19-2007, 11:58 AM
:) Good to hear from you Lut.. I am so sorry you are going thru so much pain.. Hang in there.. I know the Furr Purr Nurses are taking good care of you.. We will for sure be sending Get Well Cards.. You are in our Hearts & Prayers..

Daisy and Delilah
02-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Thank you again Indra!! {{{{{HUGS FOR LUT}}}}} :)

Take care Lut. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you're having so much pain :(

Randi
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks for being a secretary, Indra. :) I'm so sorry to hear Lut is in pain, I wish she could get an appointment sooner. The waiting almost sounds unbearable. :(

Lut, does it help if you elevate your leg slightly? In any case, I hope you'll be without pain soon, and not having to go through more of this.

Take care!!

((((hugs))))

krazyaboutkatz
02-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the update Indra. I sure hope that Lut will be able to stay comfortable. I hate hearing that she's in so much pain.:(

Please take care Lut and you'll continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

gini
02-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Dear Lut,

How fortunate that you have such a beautiful secretary to take care of your correspondence with us.

I wish that you news was better and I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. March 2nd. will be here before you know it and we will be looking for positive painfree updates.

Give your secretary a hug and some loving scritches to your furry nurses.

We are all praying for you.

xxoo Gini

catfamily
02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
They really should be giving you something for the pain.Even something light to get you to be able to bear this horrible pain.Pick up the phone and call the Doctor and complain,complain,complain.They won't budge unless you do.
10 days can seem a life time if your in unbearable pain.
Take it from someone who knows.I've been there;too much of my life.
I hope your operation makes a huge difference in your life for the better.
Prayers and positive thoughts going your way from all of us Dear Lut.

cassiesmom
02-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Paws and fingers crossed for less pain! [[hugs]] and prayers... please thank your daughter for updating us and please pet your feline caregivers for me.

cassiesmom
02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Paws and fingers crossed for less pain! [[hugs]] and prayers... please thank your daughter for updating us and please pet your feline caregivers for me.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi Indra

Thanks for helping Mum keep in touch with us!!

I agree with catfamily - if the pain is that bad then you should be given some sort of pain relief. Tell those doctors to sort themselves out or there will be a bus load of PTers on their way to Belgium :eek:

Hugs and kisses to you all

Denise

chocolatepuppy
02-20-2007, 04:24 AM
I'm so sorry you are in such pain. :( You will be in my thoughts and prayers Lut. {hugs}

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Update 3

She has painkillers, but even the strongest ones don't help. She needs an operation, and as soon as possible..., poor mom! :(. She cannot even walk; going to the toilet is a real nightmare :(

Pawsitive Thinking
02-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Update 3

She has painkillers, but even the strongest ones don't help. She needs an operation, and as soon as possible..., poor mom! :(. She cannot even walk; going to the toilet is a real nightmare :(

I honestly don't know what to say! Poor, dear Lut xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Catty1
02-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh, Indra...is there any point in calling the doctor and begging for a sooner surgery date? :(

Maybe if the doctor KNEW that the painkillers aren't helping...

My hugs to your mom - I wish I could help her feel better!

Laura's Babies
02-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Lut, I have been in horriable pain that taking double the pain killers the doctor gave me did not touch, the only relief I got was to take a Benyadril (SP?)(allergy meds) and that was the only way I could get ANY sleep... Those things just knock me OUT! I got 2 hours of sleep a day when I took those.

I can not believe that in todays world, someone has to suffer with pain and I hate that you are suffering so much. There are so many people out there that abuse drugs that it makes it extreemly hard on the people that really need them and it has been proven that people do not get addicted to drugs when they are in horriable pain.... Of coarse they discovered that AFTER my situation happened. That was the one and only time I ever took a RX pain medicine and they did me no good. Ask him to change your pain medicine until you find one that will work. One pain medicine does not work on everyone. Keep changing until you find one that works.

I hope your doctor wakes up and gives you something that will give you some relief.. You shouldn't have to suffer in todays world!

cassiesmom
02-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Maya and Inka's Mommy - I said a prayer for you this morning and I hope you are having a good (less-pain) day today. [[[hug]]] elyse in chicago

Karen
02-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I agree, ask for a different kind of pain medicine, I am sure she or her doctor has a record of what ones they have tried. Everyone's metabolism is different, and she'll be in our prayers that she finds some surcease of pain, and the Sir Jury happens soon!

JenBKR
02-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Still thinking about you Lut, I hope you start feeling better soon! I wish I could be there to help....just know that we are all thinking about you! ((((hugs))))

Queen of Poop
02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Praying that you get some measure of pain relief before March 2nd.

momcat
02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi Indra, Thank you so much for keeping us updated on your Mom. I'm so sorry to hear that she's in so much pain, her doctor needs to know this! At this point, March 2 must seem a lifetime away. Please let your Mom know that she remains in my thoughts and prayers.

My lovely Inka, I'm so sorry that your Meowmie hurts so bad and I hope she feels better very soon. My Meowmie said she needs an operation. Your Meowmie is going to need you and your sisters to help her get better but I know you're up to the task. Kitty nurses are the best! Would you do something for me, Dearest? Give your Meowmie plenty of feel better huggies and kissies from me, okay? And tell her I said mew mew mrow meeeeeow. I'm here for you, my love.
Purrs, headbumpies, kitty hugs, and kitty kisses
Love,
Your Groucho

lizbud
02-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Lut,

Still thinking of you and praying for you too. I hope the pain eases soon.

cyber-sibes
02-20-2007, 08:21 PM
((((hugs))), still have you in my prayers.

Dorothy39
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh Lut, I have had you on my mind so often, and I also have you in my Postive Thoughts and Prayers .

{{{HUGS}} from Dorothy39

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2007, 10:21 AM
How are things today Lut?

Never far away from my thoughts

JenBKR
02-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Still thinking about you dear Lutje, wondering how you are. I sure hope you are starting to feel a bit better. Indra, give your mom our love!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Indra again
The doc was here because mom could not take it anylonger; he prescribed her patches with morfine. THEY WORK DURING 3 DAYS? THEN SHE NEEDS ANOTHER PATCH; please pray that this will help; mom is feeling very down!! :( :( . Now she also has a severe rash on her legs: the doc says it is from the pain and stress :rolleyes: :( I love my mommy very much, so it is very hard to see her crying so much :( :(

caseysmom
02-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Lut, I am so sorry you are going through all this. You are a dear, sweet, gentle lady and I admire you so much. Indra, big hugs to you for helping mom. By the way Indra, I know Lut is so proud of you as she should be.

LoudLou
02-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Doc LOUD Louie, sez we send you warm hugs and healing vibes.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/LOUDLouieandTheBeans/LOUNURSE2.jpg

Catty1
02-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Indra, it is so hard on you to see your mom cry...please know what we are YOUR friends too, and please talk to us whenever you need to, not just to update on your mom, though we care about her very very much.

I really hope the patch helps....it goes directly into the system. I really really pray she feels a bit better soon!

HUGS to all of you!

cassiesmom
02-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Dear God, could You please give our PT-friend Lut relief of her pain. Please give her comfort and allow the morphine to work so she can be comfortable. Please bless her and her daughter and family. Thank You, God, Amen.

Dear Lut, I hope and pray that the morphine patches will help and that you will have less pain. [[[hug]]] elyse in chicago

slick
02-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Dear sweet Lut:
Although I've not replied until now, you have always been on my mind and in my prayers. It grieves me to see you in such pain and I can't believe that you have to wait so long for an operation. Trust me, drugs are good ;) and I'm glad the doctor has given you that pain patch. As someone recently told me, in this day and age there is no reason to be in pain. Use all the patches you need.

Indra: what a wonderful daughter you are and I'm sure the rest of the family is just as supportive. Bless you all (skin and fur) for looking after our very dear friend. I know it's hard to see your Mom is such pain. All you can do is be there for her and make sure she gets all she needs......I know you are already doing that.

{{{hugs}}} to you all...and gentle ones to Lut.
xoxoxo

gini
02-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Dear Lut, bless your heart.

I know that all of us "feel" your pain.

Indra, to have a daughter like you is a true blessing. Each of us admire you so much.

cyber-sibes
02-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Oh Lut, bless your heart. I hope thapain patches give you some relief. Maybe now that the doc has seen you, he'll push to get your operation done asap. Sending you healing vibes & prayers,

Pat, Sherms & Star send wooos.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-22-2007, 03:58 AM
Indra, it is so hard on you to see your mom cry...please know what we are YOUR friends too, and please talk to us whenever you need to, not just to update on your mom, though we care about her very very much.

Couldn't agree more!!!

I pray the patches give you some relief Lut - biggest hug to my dear friend. I miss you :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-22-2007, 04:29 AM
UPDATE

The flowers arrived!! Mommy was oh so happy with them!! Her all-time-favorite flowers are included: white freesia's !! :) ! We took several pics of her with the flowers! She will resize and post them as soon as she can!
THANK YOU TO ALL MOM'S DEAREST FRIENDS: PT !!!

ps. some good news: the patches are working!! Mom is very sleepy all the time now; but better sleepy than in pain :)

Pawsitive Thinking
02-22-2007, 04:31 AM
Yippee!! That's great news Indra :D

So happy the patches are doing their stuff http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Denise40_0/happyfeet.jpg

JenBKR
02-22-2007, 07:28 AM
YAY thanks for the happy update! So glad you got the flowers, and that the patches are working. ((((hugs)))) to my wonderful friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers always.

Thank you so much for the update Indra. You are such a blessing to your mom, and I know she appreciates and loves you more than anything. ((((hugs)))) to you to!

Catty1
02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
I am SO glad she is feeling better pain wise...and the flowers arrived at the right time, I see! :)

Thank you, Indra, it must be a relief for all of you. And just a week left to go.

I am a bit puzzled - is her leg hurting because of the hernia? Or is it something else they will try to fix?

HUGS!

Catsnclay
02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm glad the doctor prescribed the morphine patches, I use them and let me tell you....I don't think I could make it through a day without them! What a blessing! As I was reading all this, my thoughts were to tell you about them, then I read she got them :D Yeah!

Indra-
Try to keep you mom involved in doing something - even if it is with conversation (talk about anything BUT her problems) or if she can do some reading or work with her hands. I find that if I have something to do there is less time to think about the pain.

;) also a glass of wine helps a LOT!! I know what your thinking, don't mix Rx with alchol, but my doctor claims that one glass of wine a day will not hurt me, and let me tell you....I look forward to my glass of wine!!! :cool: It just relaxes my mind & body and helps me sleep, too!

Stay strong for your mom, she is going to need it!!

All our thoughts are headed your way!!!

Randi
02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Indra, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad that the patches work - thought they would. ;)

I know it must be boring to lay in bed all day, but hopefully Lut can read some good books and watch a bit of TV.

Spoil her all you can and give her some extra hugs from us! She must be happy to have a daughter like you. :)

lizbud
02-22-2007, 06:15 PM
It's a relief to hear that Lut now has something to help with pain. I
hope & pray this continues to help until the Doctors can find a solution.
Gentle hugs. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I am a bit puzzled - is her leg hurting because of the hernia? Or is it something else they will try to fix?

HUGS!

Her leg is hurting because of the hernia: a nerve gets pinched all the time :eek:
The surgery should be taking away the hernia, so the pain in her leg should be gone instantly! She is fearing the moment after surgery though when the surgeon will be coming to her and ask to move her toes, leg, knees...

Catty1
02-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Well...the moment after surgery, she will hopefully still be on major painkillers...I hope all goes well!

I pray that it is just a few days til your Mom is out of pain.

HUGS to you all. And I am sure the furry nurses are trained and ready! :)

momcat
02-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi Lut! I really hope and pray that the pain meds are helping to ease your discomfort. I know it's easy for us to say but try not to be scared about the surgery or your recovery afterwards. Medical technology has come so far in recent years that what was once a major procedure is relatively common. Post-op treatment has also changed much for the better. About 5 years ago my Mom had surgery to remove a brain tumor that her neurosurgeon said was about the size of a tennis ball. When Soncat & I went to see her some 24 hours after surgery, Mom was sitting up in a chair waiting for lunch. Within 48 hours, the nurses were helping her walk around in the hall. Not to worry, Mom's surgery angels promised to be with you during your procedure. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen
02-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Her leg is hurting because of the hernia: a nerve gets pinched all the time :eek:
The surgery should be taking away the hernia, so the pain in her leg should be gone instantly! She is fearing the moment after surgery though when the surgeon will be coming to her and ask to move her toes, leg, knees...

After my surgery (acoustic neuroma), the first questions they asked were if I knew what year it was, where I was, who the president was ... so to that one, I replied "Do you want to know who the President is, or who I *wish* it was ..." and the nurse laughed and said "You're okay!"

So tell Lut to study up ...

and she's still in our prayers, of course!

JenBKR
02-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Still thinking of you Lutje, still missing you terribly. I hope you are feeling a little better today. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you, my dear friend.

Jenneke

catnapper
02-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I just noticed this thread.... Many wishes of good luck on your surgery. Only a few days away now.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-27-2007, 05:29 AM
Still thinking about you all the time lovely Lutje

Sonia59
02-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Thinking about you too, even if I am not posting often in this thread ;) A few more days to wait, be strong, with your wonderful family and furry nurses around!
((((Hugs))))

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-01-2007, 07:43 AM
UPDATE from MYSELF !!(= LUT) :eek:

It is now 2.45 pm GMT+1 hour (= 1 hour later than in London).
I am expecting my hubby home at 3.40 pm. We will be leaving for hospital right away then .
In fact I should be scared terribly; but not this time:
My painkillers, even the patches, are NOT helping me anymore :eek: . This is making life not worth living anymore for me... . Sounds hard, I know, but that is how bad I feel!! :(

ps. from now on my updates will be posted by Brody's Mom (Denise), or my daughter Indra .

Bye dearest friends!! Cannot wait to write here "I AM BACK" in huge red coloured capitals! I LOVE YOU ALL !!!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Will soon be over dearest Lut!!

We will all be thinking of you xxx

Daisy and Delilah
03-01-2007, 08:51 AM
{{{{{{{{Lut}}}}}}}} :)

catfamily
03-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I can't wait till you're all done with your surgery and feeling better.Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Carla and Mike

Catty1
03-01-2007, 09:22 AM
HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!! and tons of PRAYERS!

Karen
03-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Prayers on the way!

Sonia59
03-01-2007, 10:42 AM
HUGS!!! Hope to see you soon on PT!

cassiesmom
03-01-2007, 11:12 AM
{{{{{{{{Lut}}}}}}}} :)

(((((((LUT))))))))

gini
03-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Dear Lut, how we are all praying for you to be painfree and comfortable.

You have been tested to the maximum - now enough is enough!

I send you big hugs and many prayers.

Gini

Pembroke_Corgi
03-01-2007, 02:40 PM
I hope you get some relief. I have been missing your friendly and interesting posts here, as I'm sure everyone has. ((((hugs))))

kimlovescats
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Dear Lut,

I haven't been reading or posting very much on PT lately. I am so terribly sorry to read that your pain has gotten to such an unbearable level! :( I was relieved to hear that the morphine patches were helping, but then saddened again to read that even they had become ineffective. I pray that your surgery will be a great success and you will be home and PAIN FREE very soon!

Love and prayers,
Kim ;)

momcat
03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you, Lut, today more than ever. I join with all of your other PT friends who can't wait until we hear the news that your surgery was an absolute success and you'll be ready to run the New York Marathon in no time. [[[[[HUGS]]]]] and all the best!

Love,
Momcat and Groucho

Bengalz
03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Gentle hugs and lots of prayers for you Lut. Feel better soon.

Betty

Catty1
03-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Waiting for news....praying it is all good....

anna_66
03-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Lut I'll be sending BIG (((HUGs))) and prayers that they can get your pain under control ASAP.
I'll be waiting for an update.

Love Anna

rg_girlca
03-02-2007, 09:40 AM
You are in my prayers today dear Lut.

Willy sends you gentle headbumpies and whisker kisses.

cyber-sibes
03-02-2007, 09:43 AM
God bless you, Lut. Keeping all paws crossed the surgery goes well & you emerge pain-free.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Hoping today will be the final hurdle you have to face for a very, very long time my friend. We should have a
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/Denise40_0/welcomehome.jpg
party for you!!!

gini
03-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Prayers that we hear only good news on this thread. Lut, all of us care so much about you and it has hurt us too that you have been in so much pain.

krazyaboutkatz
03-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Lut, I hope that eveything goes well and that you'll soon be painfree. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. (((HUGS)))