PDA

View Full Version : Tinky & Jupiter go outside for the first time...

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-27-2002, 02:53 PM
Sunday I took T & J to Pet smart to buy some harnasses and leashes... and today they have experienced the outside for the first time... BOY WERE THOSE LITTLE NOSES AT WORK... when I first sat Tinky down she immediately started CHEWING CHEWING CHEWING CHEWING on the grass .... she is sooo cute... Jupiter chewed some but he seemed to want to look around more .... It was real cute... they stayed close to the spot where I sat them down and didn't seem to want to wander too far... We have these super tiny bugs that hop around in the grass and when Tinky saw those she had a HAY DAY!!! I have never seen her more confused.... about 10 little bugs pop up at the same time and she didn't know which one to chase....lol... I took some pictures... I have to go get them developed... I should have them up by tomorrow or Sunday....:)

RainbowAndHobbesMom
06-27-2002, 03:31 PM
Sounds cute! I am teaching ONE of my cats, Rainbow, to go on the leash, and she eats the grass, just like Tinky! She is a little over a year old, and loves to go outside, and of course she goes after bugs, and TRIES to EAT them! :eek: She will sit by the back door and look at me, shes saying "Can I PLEEEASE go outside?" lol Sounds like they had a ball outside... Can't wait to see the pics!

Sami
14 1/2 :D
USA
Iowa

cutie_chica
06-27-2002, 04:32 PM
Are you kittys good in cars, Princess had to go on a 8 hour trip 3 times... In Jan. we drove from Cleveland,Ohio to Lexington Kentucky, and we didnt stop once, and she was ok.. but as soon as we got outta the car and I sat up her litter box she had to go potty :P Princess Holds it till she is at home with HER box, well we drove home 3 weeks after we got to Kentucky then again in late March We came back down here to live with my Fiancee. :) BUT on that Trip the last hour, EVERY SINGLE LIGHT that passed us.. ( it was like 9 pm) she meowed as if she was saying.. "Turn off the lights!!" it was so cute, then when we finally got into town, we were stoped at a stop light and she stood up and looked out the window and this lady next to us was pointing at her for her child to look,and Princess was meowing like mad... like she didnt want pointed at, me and my fiancee, cracked up laughing... But she is my first cat that I can remember, and I was Curious if other cats are good in the car?:confused:

RainbowAndHobbesMom
06-27-2002, 06:44 PM
Ummmm i guess they are ok, but i always have them in a carrier.... They seem to like it, and i will let them out to sit on my lap sometimes! LOL sounds like Princess thinks shes a D-O-G!! Looking out the window at people... Or perhaps she was just curious~ ;)

Sami
14 1/2 :D
USA
Iowa

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-27-2002, 07:10 PM
I have mine in the carrier too... Jupiter doesn't really care what is going on but Tinky curls up in a ball... I can tell she is scared.. but I think it is because she thinks that she is going to the vet... Poor baby..

krazyaboutkatz
06-28-2002, 12:35 AM
I'm glad that Tinky and Jupiter like the outdoors. My cats aren't allowed outside. I can't wait to see the new pics.http://www.ublondes.net/smilies//kitty%20flower.gif When I put my cats in the car they are always in cat carriers and they meow the whole time. They hate it. I think Sunny is the most traumitized.http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/tabbymeow.gif

Uabassoon
06-28-2002, 02:23 AM
Zasper loves car rides, when we take her to petsmart my friend will drive and zasper sits on my lap. I keep the leash and harness so she's can't walk under the brakes of the car or anything, but I give her enough room to look out the window.

tuxluvr
06-28-2002, 07:14 AM
Ritzy hates car rides, but I think it's because she thinks she is going to the vet - if I had the time to cndition her to auto rides she might be better.

Anything that has to do with that carrier, though, is bad news in Ritzy's world :confused:

Vio&Juni
06-28-2002, 07:26 AM
We had to go once to the countryside by bus. The bus was really crowded, it was a bus for short distances, didn't have many seats, it was before a big holiday so everyone had to leave the city. We were standing with Vasea (Juni's father) on my sister's hands (at that time we had only him). He was 1 year old and pretty heavy. I think, he was a little afraid in the beginning, but as a true male, he didn't want to show it. He is really handsome, everyone tried to pet him and kiss him, so he got toooooooooooooo relaxed. After those 30-40' my sister couldn't feel her arms. He didn't even care, he was lying like on a sofa.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-28-2002, 12:55 PM
I'm glad Tinky & Jupiter liked it outside. The more you take them out, the more they'll like it - which could be a bad thing too. :) Can't wait to see the pictures!

Tubby doesn't mind riding in the car, but he meows constantly and can't decide if he wants to be on my lap or looking out the window. I think he'd rather look out the window, but he has to *stand* to do that. :rolleyes: Peanut is scared so I keep her in the carrier. Last time I took her to the vet, I was carrying her out to the car. Terry had the motorhome out front and didn't see me with Peanut and he started it up. Scared the wits out of her and she hissed at that big bad motorhome, but she calmed down when we got back in the car, and the ride home was much better than the ride there. When I first got Tubby, I lived in Green Bay, WI and went home to my parents' to do the laundry (about 1/2 hour drive). I always took Tubby with me and he loved it. Not only the car ride, but being by my mom's because she's got a much bigger house and a nice woods out the back door. It's been a long time since those days though, and he's gotten out of the "habit" but still doesn't mind the trip. The worst trip was the 3 hour ride to get them from my mom's house down here to Chicago. 3 hours of non-stop meowing was really beginning to get on my nerves. I thought he'd go hoarse from all the meowing. ;)

sweet_stormy
07-04-2002, 03:22 PM
Thats always fun when u take ur little "babies" outside for the first time. We dont use the leashes for our cats b/c Smokey got choked by the last collar we put on him. We just let them rome. But as long as Im with them. They dont go near the road. They are afraid of it.