PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request please

jazzcat
02-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I just got a call from my Mother in law at the hospital and my Father in law needs multiple heart bypass surgery (5 bypasses). They are waiting for the surgeon right now and will be doing the surgery as soon as they can get it scheduled either tonight or in the morning.

My FIL hasn't been feeling just right and he's been neglecting his high blood pressure for a long time so finally my MIL convinced him to see a doctor last week. They gave him a stress test and he did terrible so they scheduled him to go into the hospital this morning for some test to determine if he needed stents or angioplasty. Well they did the tests and he needs five bypasses.

Please keep him and my MIL in your prayers.

Catty1
02-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Prayers for you! I hope your FIL starts taking better care of himself.

I know it is little consolation - but bypass surgery has been a very common procedure for a number of years, so there's a good chance that all will go very well. I am sure it will! :)

HUGS!

moosmom
02-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Jazzcat,

Thoughts and prayers coming you way from Connecticut!

DrKym
02-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Prayers coming from the mighty Mississippi! I am sure that all will go well!

Hugs (plenty there so pass em around the family!)

Ginger's Mom
02-19-2007, 10:13 AM
More good thoughts and prayers being sent out from NJ. But I have to agree with Catty1, many improvements have been made. My father had a quadruple bypass three years ago, and he has done wonderfully. He made recovery and getting back into life again seem so easy. I hope everything goes as well for your FIL.

sandragonfly
02-19-2007, 10:15 AM
a lot lot lot of prayers and good vibes on way!!

(((hugs))) hope they will hang in there.

Vela
02-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Prayers and good thoughts for all of you. I hope he sails through with flying colors and can get back to feeling good in no time!

Daisy and Delilah
02-19-2007, 10:27 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone. :)

lvpets2002
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
:( Prayers coming from Texas.. May you & your family be in my Prayers & Thoughts..

krazyaboutkatz
02-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. I'll continue to keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

jazzcat
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts.

He will be having the surgery at 1 tomorrow afternoon. He has 6 blockages but the way it works out I think he will be having 5 bypasses for them. The dr. said if everything goes well he will be able to go home in 5-6 days

rg_girlca
02-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for your FIL.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Lori.