PDA

View Full Version : The baby chicks have hatched

lovemymaltese
06-27-2002, 02:00 PM
My Nana has been watching a mother hen sitting on her nest for a while now in the hot Georgia sun. The chicks have hatched and they are all gray with white stripes down their back. That mother hen sure takes care of those chicks too. They are wild chickens, I hope that they make it okay.

lovemymaltese
06-27-2002, 02:01 PM
Has anyone else seen some summer hatchlings?

jennifert
06-27-2002, 02:09 PM
There is a really busy road in my town that runs along the side of the lake and every year a pair of Canadian geese come there and raise their family. Unfortunately, the chicks have always died in the years past, vicitms of the traffic...:( The town has even put up Slow Down, baby geese signs and stilll, no luck. BUT this year they have about 4 babies and so far so good!! I think they will make it this year because they are already pretty big! :) I hope so.....

Heather Wallace
06-27-2002, 02:44 PM
I hope that all the baby chicks make it to. Let us know of their progress will you?

Sam's My Baby
06-27-2002, 03:36 PM
Awww, thats so cute, Baby chicks!! :) I once tried hatching eggs myself from my aunts farm, but unfortunatley, they never hatched:( I hope the little hatchlings make it! Its so fun to watch them grow up! :)

06-30-2002, 08:51 AM
So cute !!! I saw a black goose corring the road this saturday !! She was followed by two yellow and two blacktiny ducklings !! Oh soooooo cute !!

G.P.girl
07-05-2002, 03:05 AM
baby chicks are sooo cute!!! when i was in second grade i took an egg <out of the fridge> up to my room and put on the heater. no need to say it rotted and my mom found it. oh, that remides me when i was in 2 grade my sister and i were trying to make kool-aid in a big container in our room. it was almost done, all we neded was the sugar. then my mom found it! :eek: she made us drink the whole thing with out sugar. sorry for getting of the subject.

Aspen and Misty
07-05-2002, 03:44 AM
Congrats on the eggs!!!

LOL interesting 2nd grade story. My mom never makes us drink koolaid without the suger..we usually are stupid enoguh to do it by ourselves :rolleyes: . Kids they never learn. LOL. Why did she make you drink it?

PS: Welcome to Pet talk (PT) you will love it here! I know I do..and don't worry we all get addicted.

G.P.girl
07-05-2002, 05:43 AM
well, my mom made me drink it because i spilled a little on the white carpet, and because it was in a tupperware container in my closet. i really like it here, i'm addicted already! i come on about 5 times a day! :)