PDA

View Full Version : Bad cold- and I am a ding bat..

borzoimom
02-18-2007, 07:10 PM
It started friday night- took decongestants yesterday- and I am like a ding bat.. I enter rooms- forget why I am there, then go to respond to a post and forgot what they said.. like yesterday what the colors meant in ribbons- then posted on the colors of the dogs- then watching a movie tried to answer the ribbons, and put in a stupid word.. Then I read the post this morning and am like " WHAT THE HECK did I say there..." ( almost spit my coffee across the room in laughter..)
Tonight I went to make dinner- forgot I started it an hour later and started to prepare something else when I realized the oven was on..
I will tell you- me and decongestants DO NOT get along!!! And femka is swearing I never fed them.. At this point I would almost believe her but he fed them ... good grief..
Taking zinc lozenges and they seem to be working - so maybe tomorrow I will just give up on these decongestants and take those.. ( can anyone say "space cadet"??????)

Catty1
02-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Kind of reminds me of a riddle a young boy told (true story):

Q: "How many kids with ADD does it take to change a light bulb?"

A: "Wanna go bike riding?" :D

Hope you feel better soon!

borzoimom
02-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Kind of reminds me of a riddle a young boy told (true story):

Q: "How many kids with ADD does it take to change a light bulb?"

A: "Wanna go bike riding?" :D

Hope you feel better soon!
ROFLMBO!!!! amen!!

Laura's Babies
02-18-2007, 07:20 PM
OH MY GOD CATTY1!! You had me laughing for 15 minutes with that one!!

Last Thursday and Friday, two people I know got it too! What is with this everybody getting it at the same time?

chocolatepuppy
02-18-2007, 07:35 PM
and I am like a ding bat..

you? never! :p Cold medication, after a few days, leaves me dazed and confused. :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
02-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Feel better Borzoimom ... (I can't take decongestants either, even the re-formulated ones that no longer contain pseudoephedrine) ...

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Feel better Borzoimom ... (I can't take decongestants either, even the re-formulated ones that no longer contain pseudoephedrine) ...
Laughing as I had to read this twice.. of pseudoephedrine.. lol.. My husband has it worse than I do. He seems to be handling this stuff better than I am. My mother suggested that without the hormone system, to call the doctor and maybe he can suggest something lighter in dose that might work better. I have no clue.. This morning- I put the bowls out for the chicken to warm up, then didnt put the chicken in for 25 minutes- and noticed as I went for coffee second cup.. Gabbly was funny last night- I was answering like one question or subject "behind"..
Anyway- I hope the doctor can suggest something. I havent had a cold in a long time- but still- .. I am sending you a pm as a nurse, you have helped me before... ;)

cassiesmom
02-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Cold treatment - hot liquids (mine is tea with a squirt of lemon juice), vitamin C (a water-soluble vitamin - your kidneys filter what your body doesn't use); acetaminophen or ibuprofen for achiness. I don't like the metalllic taste of zinc lozenges but we've been passing a cold around the office for almost a month now and I have a couple of co-workers who have had good results with zinc. And I use Nyquil at night because sleep seems to be restorative when I'm dealing with a virus. If you suspect the flu, though, get a prescription for Tamiflu, because if you start it early enough it can shorten the duration of the infection.

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Cold treatment - hot liquids (mine is tea with a squirt of lemon juice), vitamin C (a water-soluble vitamin - your kidneys filter what your body doesn't use); acetaminophen or ibuprofen for achiness. I don't like the metalllic taste of zinc lozenges but we've been passing a cold around the office for almost a month now and I have a couple of co-workers who have had good results with zinc. And I use Nyquil at night because sleep seems to be restorative when I'm dealing with a virus. If you suspect the flu, though, get a prescription for Tamiflu, because if you start it early enough it can shorten the duration of the infection.
The zinc seems to be working and at least I can partially think.. ( I think...) I am taking 500 mg Vitamin C twice a day.. .. I talked to the doctor- he said it is possible for my system to be more sensitve to medications I am not use to taking because of recent surgeries.. ( THANKS ALOT Dr.. duh... lol.. ) and suggested to expand the hours between doses.. I think I will stick with my zinc- and yes- you eat one of those your mouth tastes like metal.. But what the hey- I cant taste anything anyway.

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 05:56 PM
SINUS HEADACHE.. Advil- decongestants- even tried hot wash cloth on my head... Man I wish I had a vaporizer.. Took a hot shower- that helped- for about 30 minutes.. I feel like I am talking to people through a glass screen... argghhhhhhh... :(

Catty1
02-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Sinus headaches are the WORST.

Do you have some Vicks or tea tree oil you can dab under your nose? Even peppermint oil?

And, from personal experience, prop yourself up a bit when you go to bed so your upper body is on a slight upward slant.

Hope you are well SOON!

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Sinus headaches are the WORST.

Do you have some Vicks or tea tree oil you can dab under your nose? Even peppermint oil?

And, from personal experience, prop yourself up a bit when you go to bed so your upper body is on a slight upward slant.

Hope you are well SOON!
hmmmm I have halls thingees.. I have to prop myself up or I get that cough that wont stop.. .. hmmmm.