PDA

View Full Version : cabin fever!

davidpizzica
02-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Because of my fractured ribs, I've been housebound since I got out of the hospital.Quite frankly, it's boring! There's a lot of snow around and I'm afraid to go out because I might slip and fall and reinjure myself. Thank goodness for PT! Tuesday I have a follow-up dr's appoinment and I'll find out when I can drive again. When I can, I'll have a rental car and after that I'm leasing a 2007 Cobalt. Can't wait! BTW, my three furry, four-legged nurses are taking good care of me. Another BTW, don"t ever sneeze when you have fractured ribs, IT HURTS!

Laura's Babies
02-18-2007, 07:26 PM
:eek: Ewwww! Bet that does hurt! Of all the times to sneeze, now is not the time!

borzoimom
02-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Because of my fractured ribs, I've been housebound since I got out of the hospital.Quite frankly, it's boring! There's a lot of snow around and I'm afraid to go out because I might slip and fall and reinjure myself. Thank goodness for PT! Tuesday I have a follow-up dr's appoinment and I'll find out when I can drive again. When I can, I'll have a rental car and after that I'm leasing a 2007 Cobalt. Can't wait! BTW, my three furry, four-legged nurses are taking good care of me. Another BTW, don"t ever sneeze when you have fractured ribs, IT HURTS!
I know how you are feeling- I was housebound for over 3 months!! I was all but polishing the wax fruit so to speak.. And also- THANK GOD FOR PT!

davidpizzica
02-18-2007, 11:16 PM
I know how you are feeling- I was housebound for over 3 months!! I was all but polishing the wax fruit so to speak.. And also- THANK GOD FOR PT!
You're right, there isn't much to do cooped up in the house. I can't wait until the warden lets me out!

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Okay... lol.. Here is a list of stupid activites you can do.. dust, clean up the papers in your office area, wipe counters with a sponge , fold laundry- do not pick up the basket- take one towel at a time to the linen closet ;) , Make some receipe that takes hours to do.. lol.. ( NO LIFTING, PUSHING or pulling.. lol).. Take off the vent covers and wash them.. lol. ( only the small ones), uh lets see what else----- wipe off the lamps- and dust the light bulbs, lol. Wash the crystal by hand of course, rearrange silk flower displays or better yet- dust the flowers.. lol. ( I have more but you get the point- and YES personal experience. ) - and of course- GET ON PT AND CRUISE reading the posts.. Do web searches on the ones you dont know.. ( like the horse threads..) etc etc etc..

davidpizzica
02-19-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm sooooo bored, (PT isn't boring! It's one of the better things to do.) I'm looking forward to the unbearable excitement of washing the dishes! Can't wait! (yeah,right)

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm sooooo bored, (PT isn't boring! It's one of the better things to do.) I'm looking forward to the unbearable excitement of washing the dishes! Can't wait! (yeah,right)
Another one- take the dishes out ( singles are best for medical conditions) and rearrange your kitchen.. lol.