PDA

View Full Version : We're giving him peanut butter!!

Sirrahsim
02-18-2007, 05:24 PM
The last time that we gave Tyler peanut butter he developed a mysterious rash. We were never sure if it was the peanut butter that gave him the rash or not so today we decided to go for it and give it to him again. We got a brand new jar of Jif and he had half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!!

I'm going to be watching him like a HAWK for the next few hours. Wish us luck and hypo-allergenic vibes!!

Cataholic
02-18-2007, 05:40 PM
No PB allergy prayers being offered up! I don't know what I would have done if Jones had been allergic to PB. It has been a staple since about ten months. :o

Sirrahsim
02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
so far he is just fine :D I've looked over every inch of him and there are no bumps in sight

borzoimom
02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
If I remember right- peanut oil is one of the high allergy ones.. hmmm.

Sirrahsim
02-18-2007, 07:01 PM
It isn't that peanut allergy is particularly common, it is just that it is paricularly dangerous. Where as other allergies have a relatively low percentage of SERIOUS reactions, the reactions to a peanut allergy is MUCH more likely to be serious and even life-threatening.

Laura's Babies
02-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Yea, remember that girl that died after kissing her boyfriend that had eaten peanuts or peanut butter.....

Suki Wingy
02-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Good Luck! My brother had to go to the ER when they tried peanuts with him.

Sirrahsim
02-18-2007, 08:12 PM
if he was going to have a severe reaction it would have happened by now :D YAY!!! My little guy can eat peanut butter!

Maresche
02-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Mimi would be in real trouble if she couldn't have peanut butter. I swear she has it at least once a day. Peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter on crackers, peanut butter on english muffins, Peanut butter on Eggos, Peanut butter and carrots, the list goes on and on.

Cataholic
02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Mimi would be in real trouble if she couldn't have peanut butter. I swear she has it at least once a day. Peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter on crackers, peanut butter on english muffins, Peanut butter on Eggos, Peanut butter and carrots, the list goes on and on.

WAH! You just gave me a new idea! PB on carrots! Gotta try this one tonight.

Maresche
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
WAH! You just gave me a new idea! PB on carrots! Gotta try this one tonight.

It is the only way we can get her to eat veggies. Smother them in PB or cheese and then we have odds.

Though she'll now eat green beans of her own choice.

Karen
02-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Yea, remember that girl that died after kissing her boyfriend that had eaten peanuts or peanut butter.....

It turns out that wasn't why she died, it had nothing to do with her boyfriend's kiss. I now, of course, cannot find the follow-up story, but it didn't get nearly as much play in the press.

Sirrahsim
02-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I feel like a whole new world of food is open to us now :D

jackie
02-20-2007, 01:47 PM
good news!

I wonder why peanut butter allergies are so common now?

Sirrahsim
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
I have a feeling that Google has a lot to do with it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I know there are a lot of people out there who might see a teeny tiny rash and determine for themselvers "OH! S/He's allergic!!"

just a thought though :)

Cataholic
02-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Missy, I agree with you! I think people say, "Oh, I am allergic" when what they might mean is "Oh, I have a food sensitivity". I had a few people nearly freak out when they heard I was giving Jones PB at such a young age. It usually isn't an issue in an family without a history, and thankfully, it was not an issue.

Maresche- Jonah won't eat cold cheese! Or, mac n' cheese, come to think of it. He only eats grilled cheese. I wish I could get him to eat cheese, it just opens up one more area of food choices, and building. LOL, the list of what he eats hasn't really expanded past the initial five foods he ate- yogart, PB, grilled cheese, pizza and fruit.