PDA

View Full Version : New Preamble To The Constitution

wombat2u2004
02-18-2007, 07:36 AM
NEW PREAMBLE TO THE CONSTITUTION

This is probably the best e-mail I've seen in a long, long time. The
following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Kaye from GA.
This guy should run for President one day...

"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help
everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of
debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren,
hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense
guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other
liberal bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole
lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they
require a Bill of NON-Rights."

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any
other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but
no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is
based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You
may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but
the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a
screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool
manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans
are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in
need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after
generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes. (This one is my pet peeve...get an education and go to work....don't expect everyone
else to take care of you!)

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be
nice but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public
health care.

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If
you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if
the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you
rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be
surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where
you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.

ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you
to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you
to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training
laid before you to make yourself useful. (AMEN!)

ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.

ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are
from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came
from! (Lastly....)

ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or
heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet,
you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith
at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of
our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!

If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing
tragic will befall you if you don't. I just think it's about time common
sense is allowed to flourish. Sensible people of the United States speak out
because if you do not, who will?

Pam
02-18-2007, 07:40 AM
AMEN! And I will be sharing this one for sure! ;)

Laura's Babies
02-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I have already shared this as it says it ALL!!! AMEN!

mugsy
02-18-2007, 11:56 AM
"get an education and go to work....don't expect everyone
else to take care of you!"

THANK YOU! I had one of the laziest kids I've ever had in class tell me (after I said I didn't really look forward to having to support those of them that chose to be lazy and not do their work and flunk and drop out of school) that it sounded like a good plan for me to continue to work and support him so he can sit on the couch and watch TV because being educated was a waste of his time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DrKym
02-18-2007, 11:59 AM
BRAVO!!!!
I copied and pasted and sent it on to many!
Thanks for sharing!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2007, 01:01 PM
MERCY!!!! SOMEONE WITH COMMON SENSE!!!
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? :eek:

I'll be sharing this one too! There should be one more Article however:
You do not have the right to come into our country illegally and expect to have rights that legal citizens have.

Edwina's Secretary
02-18-2007, 01:02 PM
You do not have the right to free health care. That would be
nice but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public
health care

I am assuming then that those who feel this way will NOT be using Medicare after age 65 which is after all...public health care. Since private insurers generally only sell Medicare Supplement plans.... I am wondering...are you saving now for all those age-related medical expenses or how do you plan to pay for them? If your parents are still living and age 65 or older...how do they pay for healthcare expenses?

Surely not public health care?

And certainly not accepting any government handouts...like Social Security or Disability Payments! There are jobs everyone can do! And if they don't pay much....well...that the chance you take!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2007, 01:24 PM
First of all: Social Security disability is NOT a government handout. I paid into the system for 25 years and since I am now disabled deserve to get my Social Security. If you think being in PAIN every second of my life is FUN you are sadly mistaken!

Second: Medicare is NOT free!!! I pay a monthly charge for mine plus a cost of my doctor and medical bills. I'm certainly NOT getting a free hand out !!! :p

Edwina's Secretary
02-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Sorry MOFF...I've been paying into Social Security for over 38 years. And...because I am self-employed...I pay double.

And I pay a monthly premium for my medical insurance and a co-pay to see the doctor and for med....but the taxpayers don't pay ANY of it! I pay almost 3% of my income to pay for medicare for others.

I have been converted....everyone off the government dole! I'm not paying any more paying taxes that are spent on other people! No more social security, no more medicare or medicaid, no more vaccination or medical research paid for by the government, no more veterans benefits! No more unemployment payments. I say...private roads, private schools...privatize everything.

I say...let the strong survive and the weak...not my problem!

DrKym
02-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry MOFF...I've been paying into Social Security for over 38 years. And...because I am self-employed...I pay double.

And I pay a monthly premium for my medical insurance and a co-pay to see the doctor and for med....but the taxpayers don't pay ANY of it! I pay almost 3% of my income to pay for medicare for others.

I have been converted....everyone off the government dole! I'm not paying any more paying taxes that are spent on other people! No more social security, no more medicare or medicaid, no more vaccination or medical research paid for by the government, no more veterans benefits! No more unemployment payments. I say...private roads, private schools...privatize everything.

WOW. my heartfelt prayer for you, That you learn the meaning of compassion in the most expedient way possible. :eek:

Lady's Human
02-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Pay no attention, it's just ES doing her usual bomb throwing. :rolleyes:

borzoimom
02-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I copied it and sent to everyone- the responses I am getting is hysterical. Thank you for posting.

borzoimom
02-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Lady Human- you may have to sit down with this one- but I think its the first time we have totally agreed on something.. ( now where is the asprin and the nitro...I cant find mine... ;) )

Edwina's Secretary
02-18-2007, 03:25 PM
If the bomb hits....you must be convinced! :D

I should think you would be glad I have finally seen the light and am prepared to give up my more liberal ways...remember... :D :rolleyes: :D

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended.

(Even if that is a poorly written double negative...) It says so right there!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2007, 03:42 PM

Ah, I see!!! You long for the good old days back before the great depression!!! That's the way it was back then. Every family had to take care of themselves or die. If you were elderly or disabled, well, if you didn't have a family to take care of you too bad. Just die and get out of the way, eh?
Then the President who promised a chicken in every pot, started work programs where men could get a bit of money from the government BUT they did work for it. Here they even just turned the bricks over in the streets to earn their money. Ahhhh the good old days!!! :(

Edwina's Secretary
02-18-2007, 04:05 PM
MOFF...I want to use an idea even older...orphanages and workhouses for the poor. And send the really incorrigible...the unemployed...the debtors...completely out of the country...along with all the criminals!

We can send them all to Australia perhaps! :D ;) :D

What a great nation we would have!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2007, 04:13 PM
MOFF...I want to use an idea even older...orphanages and workhouses for the poor. And send the really incorrigible...the unemployed...the debtors...completely out of the country...along with all the criminals!

We can send them all to Australia perhaps! :D ;) :D

What a great nation we would have!
Well, since I would now be considered "poor" on my disability, I'll start packing!!! Are you buying my ticket? ;)

Killearn Kitties
02-18-2007, 04:18 PM
What a good idea, MOFF! You can pop over to Australia for a holiday and find out whether Wombat is for real and report back to us! :D

wombat2u2004
02-18-2007, 04:35 PM
I'll be straight to the point ES..............
You're a nutcase !!!!

wombat2u2004
02-18-2007, 04:37 PM
You've seen the light alright lady. The one in the psychiatrists office !!!

If the bomb hits....you must be convinced! :D

I should think you would be glad I have finally seen the light and am prepared to give up my more liberal ways...remember... :D :rolleyes: :D

(Even if that is a poorly written double negative...) It says so right there!

Edwina's Secretary
02-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Why thank you Wombat...so sweet of you to say.... :D

lizbud
02-18-2007, 04:53 PM

I love the bon mots by the peanut gallery. :D It's their only contribution
to any discussion, but heck, they do their best. :rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
02-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Hahahahaha...Lizbud, that is so true.
As long as she is paying her taxes and contributing to the war effort, veterans pensions and health care....I guess we can put up with it...LOL
Wombat

lizbud
02-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Hahahahaha...Lizbud, that is so true.
As long as she is paying her taxes and contributing to the war effort, veterans pensions and health care....I guess we can put up with it...LOL
Wombat

Are your ears red? Well, they should be. :D

wombat2u2004
02-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Are your ears red? Well, they should be. :D

They are.....and I love em !!!
Wom

mugsy
02-19-2007, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=Edwina's Secretary]I If your parents are still living and age 65 or older...how do they pay for healthcare expenses?
QUOTE]

My mother is 79 (as of last Friday) and is retired and pays for her insurance. She complains, but, knows that she needs it. She also knows she gets much better care and in a more timely manner than socialized medicine. She does get Social Security, but, she worked all of her life too and paid into Social Security. She also has her retirement and her 403B...she planned for her retirement. And as you can tell by her age, she is a Depression baby and has learned how to scrimp and save and do without (although she doesn't really need to now) and work for her money. She is also a registered Democrat and gives to the church and volunteers at the soup kitchen. She knows there are others out there that need help and she makes sure she gives what she can. Oh, and my mother raised me to have the same values....the benefits of being raised by older parents.

I lost my dad July 12, 2006 4 days shy of his 88th birthday. He graduated from high school during the height of the Depression and spent the last 2 years of his high school career living with his aunt because of abuse in the home. She had 8 kids of her own and took in my father and another kid off the street. There were many nights where all they would have for dinner was mashed potatos with rutabaga. She lost her job and had to go on relief. She kept track of every dime that they gave her and when she got another job, she took money BACK to the relief office and paid them back every cent that they had given her. Oh, and she was a true blue Dem (she thought Kennedy walked on water! lol). My father decided to better himself and went to Ball State. He lived in Gary. He worked all week at a restaurant in Muncie and at week's end, he hitch hiked back to Gary to work the weekend at a Greek restaurant and would hitch hike back on Sunday night and start over again. Then WWII. He joined the Army Air Corps and trained pilots and then went to England and flew 36 missions in a B-17. He came back after the war and finished his degree. He never asked for a cent. And he was so much a Democrat that he just pulled straight ticket when he voted (we had a lot of arguments on that one :) )

So, a long response to your statement...My parents both paid their way in the world and helped out those around them as much as they could. As for the good old days...everyone helped everyone else during the Depression because so few had anything. My mother's mother used to feed the "bums" that rode the rails whenever they came begging at the back door.

Ok, I'm off my soap box...rant...whatever you want to call it! ;) :D

Have a great day all of you!!

Marigold2
02-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh my gosh John, look what you have done, no good deed goes unpunished. I am here for you buddy.;)

wombat2u2004
02-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Ahhhh....my best mate by my side ;)

Oh my gosh John, look what you have done, no good deed goes unpunished. I am here for you buddy.;)

JenBKR
02-20-2007, 02:23 PM
What a good idea, MOFF! You can pop over to Australia for a holiday and find out whether Wombat is for real and report back to us! :D

Oh Karen - :D :D You are just too much. Good one

catland
02-21-2007, 06:13 PM

I LOVE bon mots - especially the dark chocolate ones. But I didn't know that they came with peanuts. :rolleyes:

IRescue452
02-21-2007, 10:09 PM
This is one of the most ignorant threads of all time. I work in the Salvation Army. I help people out every day. I help people pay bills even though they have a degree in college. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. A loss of job due to injury can make one homeless regardless of their education or how hard they work. All of the people that apply for assistance are decent hard-working people. They didn't ask to be homeless or struggling, and they certainly aren't lazy. Those who are on disablilty usually do have jobs, but those jobs don't pay much. The disability payments only add up to 20% of the median household income. They can't even pay rent on disability, so of course they get jobs whenever they can. And I do government statistics so I can tell you that this goes for most people who are underprivelidged, 99% of them try damn hard.

Who's the whiner, you are. Nobody is forcing you to have any compassion, no we can't do that, but in the great state of earth, we help each other out in times of need. Deal with it or move to some other planet. Pity the poor soul who can't live an honorable life because they buy into the STEREOTYPE that all poor people deserve their place in our economy.

And no, our system will not help out those tiny number of lazy people, we have tons of processes in place to weed out the lazy ones who won't even try to care for themselves.