PDA

View Full Version : attn OREGON dog people!

pessimisaurus
02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
in 4 (well, more like 3 now.. :D) days Ill be driving down to Lebanon, OR (just south of Salem) to pick up my puppy, and we'd like to stop at a dog park on the way. anyone know of any good ones near I-5 btw portland and salem? I did a search online and found a bunch but there arent any photos or reviews or descriptions of size, so Im hoping someone on PT knows of some good ones!

thanks!!

junescrater716
02-18-2007, 12:19 AM
em I wouldn't go to any of them. A lot of them are nice but I live here and there have been A LOT of dog poisonings at most of the parks. I wouldn't chance it. If you're going by the PSU campus you could run your dog around there on an extendable leash. It's very pretty and my sister goes there and you see many dog people there so it's a very nice place. Hope this helped!!! :D

areias
02-18-2007, 09:05 AM
No real suggestions here...I'm not sure if your intentions are to check them out on the way, or to bring the puppy to them on the way back. Honestly, you shouldn't bring the puppy to a dog park until he is at least 16 weeks old and has all his vaccinations, those parks can be riddled with parvo and such. :)

pessimisaurus
02-18-2007, 12:43 PM
oh sorry I shouldve specified!! haha Im bringing my 2 boarding dogs- 6 & 10 months old- and wanted to stop to let them run (and us humans stretch our legs) on the way. :) I actually found the portland parks website which has an off leash area section of their site with maps of the dog park sizes and locations so Ill prob just go with one on there.

junescrater716
02-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Like I said there have been TONS of dog poisonings. I wouldn't take them to an off leash park KEEP THEM ON THE LEASH. It has been on the news for months about dogs being poisoned. If I were you I wouldn't take them to a dog park. The owners were watching their dogs but once they got home the dogs had diarreha, vomiting, and stomach aches. The next day the dogs had died and the poisonings are still going on.

pessimisaurus
02-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I tried doing a search online and on some portland news sites but only came up with articles from july 03, and one from this jan about a woman's pets poisoned in her yard. do you know of any links to some stories I could read?? thats really scary stuff! thanks

junescrater716
02-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Try going to Koin.com or KATU.com those are the biggest Oregon news stations.

Freckles
02-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I did a search at KATU and found no references later than 2004 for Portland Parks.

junescrater716
02-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Really? hmm They have those things going on all the time. I don't know but better safe then sorry.