PDA

View Full Version : Any Snowboarders??

Toby's my baby
02-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm going snowboarding tomorrow for the first time. I've been skiing before, but never snowboarding, I'd like some tips for getting started. :p I'm a little nervous, but the place I'm going doesn't have any big mountains or anything, since this is Minnesota, but it has some big hills! :eek: Any tips for a beginner?

Miss Z
02-18-2007, 06:05 AM
Wow, Beth, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!

I've never been snowboarding before, but I might get the chance to try it out next year when it becomes a games option at my school. You'll have to let me know how it went, so I know I won't kill myself if I do decide to do it. :p

Anita Cholaine
02-18-2007, 06:27 AM
I've never been snowboarding, but I was told it is a lot easier than skiing, so I'm sure you'll do it great ;) Have tons of fun!

Argranade
02-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Ha! I wish lol,

The last time I went skiing I got pushed down a huge hill and nearly crashed into all these kids lol, I was screaming all the way down ... I don't even know how those Skii people let me go on those huge hills. O.o

I'm sure snow boarding would cripple me!

Pro Snow boarders are fun to watch on T.V ... Te hehe.

Toby's my baby
02-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Ha! I wish lol,

The last time I went skiing I got pushed down a huge hill and nearly crashed into all these kids lol, I was screaming all the way down ... I don't even know how those Skii people let me go on those huge hills. O.o

I'm sure snow boarding would cripple me!

Pro Snow boarders are fun to watch on T.V ... Te hehe.

Lol, by the sounds of it, I sure wouldn't have let you go skiing either! ;) I love watching the snowboarders on tv too, my brother is a snowboarder (REALLY good) If anyone has heard of Mammoth Mountain? or something like that, he used to work there. Hopefully I'll find out that snowboarding is 'in my blood' so I won't have to worry about it. :p

I'll try to take lots of pictures, I'm a little bit nervous about bringing my clunky Canon S2 with, but I think I'm going to have to. :o

GreyhoundGirl
02-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Not the right person to ask... lol I'm the very only person in my class who doesn't snowboard!!! :p ironic, eh? I'm still for old-fashioned skiing. :p

Suki Wingy
02-18-2007, 04:35 PM
have fun! I haven't, but I love to ski! I think I'm going to get a skateboard and practice my ballance on flat land first.

k9krazee
02-18-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm going to try snowboarding for the first time next weekend! I love skiing and have been doing it for quite a while now, but I want to try something new. You'll have to let us know how it goes!

dab_20
02-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Last year, when I too lived in MN, I went to Eagle Mountain to go snow boarding the first time. It was sooo much fun, but very difficult to get going. I honestly don't have that many tips for you, but just don't get discouraged! I think the hardest part is to get back up after you fall, but you can always unhook your boots to get up and then hook them back in. If you fall, don't put your hands out! Snowboarding is the #1 way people break their wrists. I had a lot of fun, I'm sure you will too! Once you figure out how to keep your balance and get up after you fall, it's pretty smooth after that. And if you want to learn to stop, at the end of the hill when your going pretty slow, do a kind of sharp turn and face forward. I learned to stop that way, I fell over quite a few times though trying to. lol!
Some people have told me snowboarding is soo much harder than skiing, and some have told me it's so much easier! I guess it just depends what your strenghts are... if you have good balance, maybe snow boarding will be easy to pick up!

Well, I'm sure you'll have fun & good luck! :)

mike001
02-18-2007, 06:09 PM
I've been skiing in Vermont, Utah and the Rockies, but you would never catch me on a snowboard.