PDA

View Full Version : Smokey's new passtime - Burying things in the house!?

manda99
06-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Smokey has found something new to do - try to bury his bones/toys in the house. Silly guy.

He'll go to the couch, put it down in the corner and then try to use his nose to move a pillow over it. No, not good enough.
Takes it to the curtains. Puts it behind the curtains and uses his nose to "bury" it. NO! Not good enough.
Hmmm... let's nudge mommy's arm out of the way and bury it under there.

You get the idea.

The other night he had the last little soggy chunk of a rawhide bone and he was attempting to 'bury' it all over the house as to hide it from P.C. Well, he came into my room w/ it and jumped up on the bed. Then got down and sniffed around for somewhere to bury it, then got back on the bed. I thought he still had it in his mouth and about 2 minutes later I realized it was gone. "Oh gross. His soggy bone is in my bed somewhere," I thought. But I couldn't find it. And then I forgot about it.
Well, yesterday Smokey comes in my room and pokes his face behind my couch and into the curtains like he's trying to bury something again. BUT LO AND BEHOLD! He backs out with the last little soggy rawhide part. He successfully "buried" it and hid it from P.C. for two days!

I don't know... I just think it's funny to see this little pup trying to get the carpet to move so he can bury his bone.
Silly puppy. :rolleyes: :D

lovemymaltese
06-27-2002, 01:21 PM
I used to have a peeka-poo (spelling?) named Raskel and he liked to bury stuff outside (especially bones). My papa would give him a bone, knowing that Raskel was going to bury it. After Raskel buried it, my papa would retrieve it ans bury it somewhere else. Papa used to laugh so hard when Raskel went back to find him bone. It doesn't take much to entertain us does it? :)