PDA

View Full Version : WOW! What a ripoff :(

Sirrahsim
02-17-2007, 08:00 PM
A few weeks ago I signed up for a deal fro a photo session. I paid $20 and they fixed my makeup and offered to fix my hair (I declined because it would take TOO long!) The whole family could be in the shots and it was really quite fun! They took pictures of all 3 of us then just of Tyler then Tyler with each of us and finally just Paul and I. Everyone was SO nice and the clothing that they put us in looked really nice.
So. Afterwards they gave us the date that we can come look at the prints and the pricelist :eek: :eek: :eek: The cheapest package is $120 and all of the prints have to be from one pose!! If we just buy them by the sheet they are $45 a sheet :eek: :eek:
I guess we'll just have to treasure the experience because there is NO way that we would spend that much on a few pictures!! I feel ripped off even though my $20 DID pay for a consultation and makeover with a makeup lady :(
On the up side there was a little girl there that was a month oldler than Tyler and the two of them were chasing each other around and giggling for a long time :) The little girl gave Tyler a hug and Tyler leaned in for a kiss but was rejected :o His poor little heart must have been broken :o He thought it was hilarious :D

Laura's Babies
02-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, think how upset they are going to be when you don't go back! I would chaulk it up as a lesson learned for $20... You'll know better the next time!

moosmom
02-19-2007, 10:07 AM
That's why my daughter and I do our own make-up, hair, clothes and go to Sears or JC Penney. MUCH cheaper and the pictures come out great. You can actually see them right after they're taken.

Cataholic
02-19-2007, 10:34 AM
There is a store in the mall here that tried that one on me. Jonah and I were walking along, and they were pitching their wares in the mall. I kind of figured there was a catch. Course, I always think there is a catch, don't I?

Sirrahsim
02-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I got a similar package done when we lived in Japan and we got 3 or 4 free pictures out of the deal! I guess I was hopeful that it was as good as it appeared to be :( Oh well, lesson learned :)
We'll go to Walmart/Sears/JCPenney one of these days to get pictures done :)

Husky_mom
02-19-2007, 11:52 AM
same happened to me, but in my case we bought them :rolleyes: :o ......

I couldnīt pass on the pics they took........ but I learned and i went other time later and went prepared to accept only the first set included in the offer.....weeell, sort of, I still bought a couple but NOT all of them!!

so next time you go, make your best to give the best in the first pic, and then donīt even look at the next ones, or donīt even pose that way youīll get what you wanted without feeling being ripped off.........like you and I did...... if they only warned you before, but hey, thatīs they tactic, get cute pics of your kid that yuo just canīt resist....... :rolleyes:

Kfamr
02-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Just come to Florida next time. ;) Can't promise fancy make-up or hair, but I can take your pictures and give as many prints as you want. ;)

Sirrahsim
02-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Don't tempt me!! :D :D :D