PDA

View Full Version : The "Bargain Shopper's Victory" thread!

catnapper
02-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I had heard of a huge shoe sale this afternoon, so I stopped by to "look" never thinking I'd find anything in my price range.... we're talking $70 shoes here! Well, I found a cute pair for $12!!!! I can't wait to wear them to work tomorrow :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/BlackShoes.jpg

Link to the black shoes:
shoes (http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17586874/c/72.html)

I can't find the tan Easy Spirit ones, they were $10 from the local outlet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/CamelShoes.jpg
Do you know how hard it was to photograph my own foot - especially with a Flutter Butter wrapping herself around my legs as I attempted to snap the pics! :D :p

Anyway......
What major deals have you found lately? Its bargain hunting season and I know there's lots more deals and strals out there that PTers are taking part in!

jenluckenbach
02-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, I bought Friskies canned cat food today, 3 for $1. Had 50 cent off (when you buy 3) coupons that get doubled by the store. So I got 18 cans of Friskies (6 coupons) for NOTHING but the sales tax. :eek:

GreyhoundGirl
02-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I got a cute purple sweater for 10 bucks. lol not as good a deal as yours... but I like it!!! :D

jazzcat
02-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Great deal on the shoes!

My best deal lately was a new stainless steel step-on trash can. I had to get a new one because Decker and Rocky started turning over the old plastic one in the kitchen and then my freak cat Rocky would eat anything plastic. I decided putting the money into a new trash can would be cheaper than the vet bills for Rocky. I found one on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond because it was dented. It was orginally $99.99 marked down to $69.99. I asked the manager to reduce it more because the plastic at the bottom was cracked so it was more than just a dent. He made it $59.99 plus they had an extra 30% off clearance and then I had a 20% coupon they used. I got the trash can for $33.60!!! It's huge, nice and no cat can get into it or knock it over. You can't even see the damaged area because it's against the wall.

Here's the can if anyone is interested. Trash Can (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=106678)

Suki Wingy
02-17-2007, 07:45 PM
awsome! I can never ever find sale shoes in my size (12)
Lets see, I just bought a pair of black riding breeches for $30, pretty good as far as riding stuff goes. Oh and I bought Homeward Bound on DVD for pretty cheap.

Zippy
02-17-2007, 07:46 PM
My biggest deal lately was 5 3oz greenie bags for $5. :)
Not as great a deal as some of you all.

Laura's Babies
02-17-2007, 08:20 PM
I just bought a long sleeve white blouse and a real long, sleeveless "V" neck sweater for $3 each..... Can't wait to wear them!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Oooooh, I love finding good deals! Sounds like your shoes were a great find!

A few weeks ago Dillards was having a sale where they took an additional 40% merchandise that was already on sale. I found 2 pairs of comfy, nice looking pants for $11, a pair of cute shoes for $13, and a sweater for $18. It was fun to look!

Last weekend I found a pair of locally made earrings for only $5, and the regular price was $40. This weekend I have been looking for the gift swap- I haven't found too many great sales, but I did find some majorly cute pet supplies! :D

joycenalex
02-17-2007, 08:22 PM
colgate toothpaste was on sale for 1.99 for an 8 oz tube, 3 different coupons for $1 off, so i got 6 months of toothpaste for 3 bucks plus tax. ahhh clean mouth! :D

Uabassoon
02-17-2007, 08:29 PM
We just got a great deal on laminate flooring that was on clearance from home depot! We bought 57 boxes of it, only $.78 per square foot! Now we are going to have to spend the next few weeknds installing it.

joycenalex
02-17-2007, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=Uabassoon]We just got a great deal on laminate flooring ...trade you for the toothpaste? ;)

cali
02-17-2007, 08:53 PM
my grad dress was $60 lol oh, and my dad got a $500 leather jacket brand new for $20. the jacket has been mistakenly sent to the sears bargian center, when it was supposed to go to the regular sears, at the bargain center it was marked down to $50, and my dad had a $30 gift card for the bargain center.... so he hoslefe paids only $20 for a barnd new leather jacket worth $500 lol. 2 of the jackets had been mistakenly sent to the bargain center....I wonder how long the idiot that made that thousand doller mistake lasted in that job lol :p

Rachel
02-18-2007, 07:30 AM
My shoe store shopping yesterday wasn't as successful. I had a $20.00 off certificate from a certain shoe store good for any purchase of $40.00 or more. I wanted some new boots to help me navigate all the snow we've had and thought I could find a pair on sale and then use my coupon. I wear a common size so there were none left in the sale boots I liked. There was a pair for 79.00 (not on sale) which were very well made that I ended up buying. So after using my $20.00 off certificate, I still paid far more than I wanted to, but ended up with warm dry feet as I wore those boots right out of the store.

My deal of the day was a pair of flannel pajama pants for $3.00 at Walmart. They were from the men's department. Previously I've purchased some Hennley shirts (size small) there for $5.00 which I just love. They're as nice as those from L.L. Bean.

jazzcat
02-18-2007, 11:06 AM
We just got a great deal on laminate flooring that was on clearance from home depot! We bought 57 boxes of it, only $.78 per square foot! Now we are going to have to spend the next few weeknds installing it.
We saw that awesome deal at Home Depot! I wanted to buy it for our sunroom so we could get rid of the faded parquet flooring but they didn't have enough boxes left. We need at least one more. Congrats on the great deal!!!

GreyhoundGirl
02-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I got a pair of regularly $4.99 socks for 0.80 cents!!! (I know... minor... but they're really nice socks!!! :p )

Uabassoon
02-18-2007, 06:43 PM
We saw that awesome deal at Home Depot! I wanted to buy it for our sunroom so we could get rid of the faded parquet flooring but they didn't have enough boxes left. We need at least one more. Congrats on the great deal!!!

Alexa has been wanting to put laminate in the house since she bought the place two years ago. Yesterday her mom saw it at home depot and put it on hold for us, however we needed an extra 10 boxes so I had to drive out to another location about 20 miles away to pick up the additional boxes. We also got a few extra to store just in case. The deal was just too good to pass up so now we will finally get this done :D Thankfully her dad has also volunteered to help us over the next few weekends.

That's a lot of boxes!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/February063.jpg

Corkscrew approves of the color.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/February061.jpg

K9karen
02-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm a Lands End fanatic and usually shop through the catolog. I have so many of their Mocs and boots and sneakers. I have lousy feet so I know I'll always be comfortable.

On a whim, I stopped by Sears today to check out a LE workout outfit rather than shopping on line then mailing it back. That didn't work out, but i saw sale signs all over and went into a fog. 30-50% off already discounted gear!! So, another winter hat, 2 tops and 5 pairs of shoes (Mocs, 2 different boots, 2 different winter sneakers,) all for $100. Even the sales clerk went giddy and told me what a good shopper I was! Now..and forgive me, those of you, who like we in Philly, got very little snow yet..I need to be able to wear the boots!!!

I haven't spent much money on myself lately so I treated myself with no regrets!

jenluckenbach
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Just bought (at a thrift store) a man's suit coat, short sleeve dress shirt and dress slacks for a total of $6.98. :eek: Woo hoo!!! Charlie will be looking good at my niece's wedding Saturday. :)

anna_66
06-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Ooh cool thread. I love getting bargains.

I got a nice fuzzy $40 robe from Kohl's on sale for $8
Looks like this (http://www.kohls.com/products/product_page_vanilla3.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=4164 07747&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=427410243&bmUID=1182911630539) but with a flower print. So soft!

My other big bargain was from Pampered Chef (http://www.pamperedchef.com/index.jsp?localeString=en_us)
I got $203 or products for only $69! I love being a hostess!

RICHARD
07-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I love Tar-Get!

A few days ago I picked up a the set of the second season of '24' for 18 dollars- usually it's 46.00!

I bought a lite weight sleeping bag for 9.80- I got 20% off and an additional
2 dollars off because the box was thrashed! I didn't ask for the 2 dollars off-that was extra! The guy at the checkstand was the asst. manager....

------------

I went to the video store and got 8 'pre-viewed' movies for 13 dollars.

I had an old gift certificate for 20 bucks - plus there was two different sales- 4 movies for 10.00 and 4 movies for 20 dollars!