PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears shaves head- gets tattoo..

borzoimom
02-17-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.nbc4.com/entertainment/11042191/detail.html

Riptide
02-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Glory be. This woman will do anything for attention :rolleyes:

critter crazy
02-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Sounds to me like she was on something, the way she was acting!:eek:

borzoimom
02-17-2007, 02:38 PM
good grief... :rolleyes:

GreyhoundGirl
02-17-2007, 03:36 PM
*shakes head and rolls eyes* :rolleyes:

moosmom
02-17-2007, 05:01 PM
She's a ho, always has been, always will be. For God's sake she the mother of two children...get a grip!!!! :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
02-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Sounds like she is going through some serious breakdown issues . I hope her two children are in a safe environment while she sorts things out. :(

catnapper
02-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Yikes, she sure sounds as if she needs a rest in some sort of home for a while. We all love to make fun of her but she must be going through some serious pain right now.

elizabethann
02-17-2007, 07:51 PM
I've always wanted to shave my head....seriously. :D

How cool to not have to blow it dry or style it or even wash & condition it. Aaahhh...the freedom of it all.

:p

sparks19
02-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Very sad when Kevin Federline appears to be a more responsible parent. It is sad that she is having such a rough time but... you reap what you sow. Her lifestyle got her where she is right now. her years of reckless behaviour are catching up with her and she doesn't know how to deal with it. i really hope her kids have a responsible guardian.

Giselle
02-17-2007, 08:52 PM
You can't help but pity her. Imho, she hasn't lived a normal life since her teen years. It was so disturbing when she said she shaved her head because she didn't want people to touch her. How disheartening is that? :( I can't even fathom the pain that she must have gone (and must still be going) through. But I feel the most pity for her two children.

Miss Z
02-18-2007, 06:10 AM
You know, in principle, the idea of shaving one's head to completely disregard the opinions of gossipers and celebrity magazines I find rather clever. It shows that one doesn't care if one doesn't look stunning 24:7 and has the freedom to not follow the stereotypical hollywood girls.

However, this is Britney, whom we all know has major issues, and I think it would take a spark brighter than herself to pull off this stunt I mentioned.

Pam
02-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Sounds like she is going through some serious breakdown issues . I hope her two children are in a safe environment while she sorts things out. :(

I agree totally Kim.

Kfamr
02-18-2007, 06:40 AM
You know, in principle, the idea of shaving one's head to completely disregard the opinions of gossipers and celebrity magazines I find rather clever. It shows that one doesn't care if one doesn't look stunning 24:7 and has the freedom to not follow the stereotypical hollywood girls.

However, this is Britney, whom we all know has major issues, and I think it would take a spark brighter than herself to pull off this stunt I mentioned.

This is an interesting point and very well said.

At the same time, I too pity her. She needs help, and not that needing help is a bad thing, I do believe we would all need help leading the childhood she's lead since her early teen years.

Daisy and Delilah
02-18-2007, 09:02 AM
I'll pray for her and her children. I can't imagine living the life she does. She's constanly under a microscope. It has to be very hard to maintain a sane existence. :(

Argranade
02-18-2007, 09:18 AM
What the fudge is she on?

Now I knew she was a little nuts & nice ... but now she's just nuts.

Maybe she's going threw a hard time in life .. what ever the case I hope everything goes well for her and her child, I think t.v should piss off from her and just leave her be, I mean look at the media shoving camera's in her face. Well I'm sure no one will touch her now but those cameras will be waiting to attack her bald head & new tattoo lol.

mugsy
02-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Ok, here's my question....who the bloody hell cares what she does??? OY!

If any one of us had shaved our heads and gotten a tat would it have made national news? I think not and it would not have been a big deal. NOW I will have my 8th grade girls wanting to shave their heads and get a tat just because Brittany did it. Had the media not made a big deal about it she would have gotten it done and moved on.

*sigh* I guess the media will never learn. It's not like there aren't bigger and far more important issues to deal with.

Oh well.... :confused:

Have a good day!!!

buttercup132
02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
I agree with Mugsy and Zara.

Maybe she was donating it to cancer(doubt it but maybe).

jackie
02-18-2007, 11:23 AM
I think she is on the verge of a mental breakdown, and can't believe some people's responses on here.

It's amazing how we can all show compassion for animals, but none for a fellow human being.

I am not interested in her life, but it still pains me to see a young mother going through such hardships.

I hope she gets the help that she needs.

sparks19
02-18-2007, 11:36 AM
I think she is on the verge of a mental breakdown, and can't believe some people's responses on here.

It's amazing how we can all show compassion for animals, but none for a fellow human being.

I am not interested in her life, but it still pains me to see a young mother going through such hardships.

I feel compassion.... for those kids. I am sorry but her choices got her where she is. she did all these things to rebel and she has said as much. That's fine.... if you want to rebel and make a mess of your life that is your choice but to bring children into the mix? i can't feel compassion for that. From what i can tell she has a very supportive mother who has tried to give her help and comfort but she didn't want to take it. She was messed up before she decided to have a child... and another. Once she did that, all compassion for her went out the window. now the only ones that are truly suffering are those poor defenseless babies who didn't have a choice. I really hope Britney's mother has stepped up and taken those little ones in.

kittykatsmoocher
02-18-2007, 01:38 PM
oh brother,she always has new stories :rolleyes: but hope her and the kids are okay! :( :) sorry i go off like that occasionaly!!hehe lol :)

areias
02-18-2007, 01:57 PM
I feel sorry for her...really do. I don't think the shaved head would be quite as bad, or even the tattoo, but they also reported her as a little disorientated.

Honestly, if say..Cameron Diaz or Courtney Cox had shaved their head, people might say wow! shes trying to make a statement! But just because it's Britney Spears, all of a sudden she's taken into a bad light..idk, just my opinion.

Kalei
02-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Poor Britney. I've always liked her and own all her cds, but it has been turning into a let down for over 2 years now. All she does is make bad choices and is not someone anyone should look up to at all. I don't think shaving her head will help any of her issues though. I just hope she figures out her life soon and starts her life over brand new and good, instead all always bad stuff happening.

lisalee
02-18-2007, 05:32 PM

I agree. We all go through hardships and suffer in life, it doesn't matter who you are. No one is immune to problems.

dab_20
02-18-2007, 06:14 PM
I honestly don't think the media should make a big deal over Britney and her choices. If they didn't make a big deal in the first place, she probably woulden't be doing all this! I just hope everything will start to get better for her and her children. The poor kids need some stability in their lives, and for that to happen, Britney needs to have stability in HER life.

CathyBogart
02-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I have a question...so what?

It was her hair. It's her head. It's her skin. Maybe she feels out of control right now and wanted to feel like she some control over that aspect of her life. Maybe she got drunk and did something dumb. Maybe she took a dare. Why do we care? Does it affect any of us?

catmandu
02-18-2007, 06:34 PM
I Feel That Having Too Much Money And Fame Can Ruin You If You Are Not Strong As There Are People Waiting To Rip You Off, And Noone That You Have To Listen To When They Try To Help.
After A While You Dont Know Who To Trust.
Lets Hope That This Young Lady Can Get Some Help Before She Becomes Another Show Business Casulty.

Husky15
02-18-2007, 06:37 PM
When I first heard this I thought maybe she was donating it to cancer charity. But then I heard she said she did it for different reasons.

Oh well.

Like I say to my mom, it's not my problem.

finn's mom
02-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't take a billion dollars to be in that girl's shoes. I hope she finds help soon, before she ends up down a path she can't turn back from.

DJFyrewolf36
02-18-2007, 10:24 PM
I have a question...so what?

It was her hair. It's her head. It's her skin. Maybe she feels out of control right now and wanted to feel like she some control over that aspect of her life. Maybe she got drunk and did something dumb. Maybe she took a dare. Why do we care? Does it affect any of us?

My thoughts exactly. This is a phase in her life, and yeah she isn't being the responsible mom but then again her life has pretty much been an out of control ride since she was on the Micky Mouse club...I don't know, I'm a performer and I sometimes am overwhelmed at the tiny bit of attention I get on a regular basis, I couldn't immagine dealing with how much attention she gets.

I'd prolly shave my head too, or something equally outlandish. I don't think its a cry for attention per-se...more like a cry of "Leave me ALONE!"

It doesn't affect us, no ones choices in life affect anyone but themselves but at the same time its wise of us to look at situations like ths and maybe it will help us understand something about life in general.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-19-2007, 03:56 AM
She clearly needs some form of help - where on earth is her mother???

sandragonfly
02-19-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm with jackie. it's just the people we live, deal with...nothing new. I hope this phrase she went through and will go through will make her stronger.

Cataholic
02-19-2007, 11:11 AM
If any one of us had shaved our heads and gotten a tat would it have made national news? I think not and it would not have been a big deal.

Obviously you have forgotten the shape of my head. I can assure you, if **I**got my head shaved, and a tatoo, it could make at least the tri-state news (IN, KY and OH). LOL.

Other than that? I do feel sorry for her. If she is acting out (read, reaching out) like this, she needs someone to help.

Cataholic
02-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I feel compassion.... for those kids. I am sorry but her choices got her where she is. she did all these things to rebel and she has said as much. That's fine.... if you want to rebel and make a mess of your life that is your choice but to bring children into the mix?

But, she was a child, too, at one point- when her life got so fast. I cannot think what I would have done with all that power/attention (guess it was a good thing I was born talentless and unbeautiful, eh?). You have the whole world telling you, "hey, you are so beautiful, so unstoppable, make the news, we are all watching". What kind of kid deals with that so well?

For me, compassion is compassion- to the old, young, furry, skinned, famous, and not so famous.

lvpets2002
02-19-2007, 12:52 PM
:) Thank you & my thoughts to the tee.. What will she do next :rolleyes: ..
Glory be. This woman will do anything for attention :rolleyes:

Marigold2
02-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Britney who?

Miss Z
02-22-2007, 12:46 PM
http://www.itv.com/news/996a56b812bdd6735663ac22422aadbe.html

Looks like she's at least trying to get some help... although the media's not making it easy.

slleipnir
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
I feel bad for famous people. It's like they have to be perfect or everyone shakes their heads. So what if she's messed up? Aren't we all in some way?

I'm not saying anything about PT, but I see a lot of stuff about her other places

king2005
02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
I've always wanted to shave my head....seriously. :D

How cool to not have to blow it dry or style it or even wash & condition it. Aaahhh...the freedom of it all.

:p

I shaved my head for several years & LOVED it... Only needed a drop of shampoo, a quick wipe witha towel & NO BRUSHING lol

However it took me months to get use to the wind... I wore a hat cause the wind felt too odd on my head heheh

I want to shave my head again as I hate having hair!! But I'd never hear the end it :P

GreyhoundGirl
02-22-2007, 03:14 PM
My town loves it... made the newspaper look fatter. We had a three page atricle on famous bald people. (that's a LOT in a 10 page paper :p )

king2005
02-22-2007, 03:20 PM
My town loves it... made the newspaper look fatter. We had a three page atricle on famous bald people. (that's a LOT in a 10 page paper :p )

Do you get the EMC? or a diff paper?

GreyhoundGirl
02-22-2007, 03:23 PM
uh.. never heard of the emc... I'm talking about the freeloader (but I don't live in toronto if that's where the emc is. ;) )

king2005
02-22-2007, 03:31 PM
uh.. never heard of the emc... I'm talking about the freeloader (but I don't live in toronto if that's where the emc is. ;) )

The EMC is in Lanark County & is in the Brockville area.. wasn't sure if it went out your way as well

carole
02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Actually i don't see what the big deal is that she shaved her head and got a tattoo, heaps of people here in NZ choose that option, and no-one really cares, it does not mean they are having a mental breakdown or anything like that, yes i know we are talking about Brittany a celeb here and she has been known to be a bit odd, but honestly i don't feel sorry for her or necessarily think she is having a mental episode,maybe she just wanted a change or too feel different, i had heard her hair was being auctioned and had made a ludicrous amount so far, not sure if it was rumour or not, but if so i hope it goes to a good charity.

I totally agree with Mugsy and Cathybogart on this thread.

I really don't care what Brittany is doing,it is her life and her choices, the media just hypes everything up and makes it out to be way more than it actually is, gosh poor girl probably just got sick of her hair and wanted a change, big deal. :)

caseysmom
02-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Actually i don't see what the big deal is that she shaved her head and got a tattoo, heaps of people here in NZ choose that option, and no-one really cares, it does not mean they are having a mental breakdown or anything like that, yes i know we are talking about Brittany a celeb here and she has been known to be a bit odd, but honestly i don't feel sorry for her or necessarily think she is having a mental episode,maybe she just wanted a change or too feel different, i had heard her hair was being auctioned and had made a ludicrous amount so far, not sure if it was rumour or not, but if so i hope it goes to a good charity.

I totally agree with Mugsy and Cathybogart on this thread.

I really don't care what Brittany is doing,it is her life and her choices, the media just hypes everything up and makes it out to be way more than it actually is, gosh poor girl probably just got sick of her hair and wanted a change, big deal. :)

I totally wholeheartedly agree!

jackie
02-24-2007, 02:12 AM

She has been using loads of drugs lately, been in and out of nightclubs, vomiting all over herself, in and out of rehab, trying to kill herself, attacked paparazzi, and will probably lose custody of her children. If that's not her having a breakdown, I don't know what is.

carole
02-24-2007, 02:37 PM
With respect Jackie,that is what the media will have you believe, do you always believe everything you read, i mean if what they are saying is true ,well yes i would agree with you the girl is in deep trouble mentally, all i mean't was people are saying because she shaved her head she has problems, that is what i am saying i do not agree with, if she does indeed have other issues as the media is saying, i do agree then, that something is not right with her.,does that make any sense.

I mean i really have too much stuff going on in my own life to worry about whether Brittany is shaving her head or not, of course one does have empathy if indeed she is having a breakdown, i feel for all my fellow human beings, whether i know them or not. :)

Lori Jordan
02-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I cannot keep up there is too much celebrity drama these days!

moosmom
02-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I heard the reason she shaved her head was to prevent a drug test through hair follicles. Drug testing on hair follicles can show EVERY kind of drug you've used in the past 7 years. Hmmm...

dukedogsmom
02-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Let's not forget attacking her car with an umbrella. And what's left of the hair can be plucked out and tested so she did it all for nothing. I think she's totally lost it.

mike001
02-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I somehow find it real hard to feel sorry for her. No one forced her to become an alcoholic, nobody forced her to become a drug addict. These are all choices she made. Even having her two children when she knew she couldn't possibly be a mother to them. She was too young to be thrown in this kind of life, so I would think her parents were in la la land somewhere. But she is the one who wanted all that attention and now she's getting it. As far as I'm concerned she belongs in a psychiatric hospital to get the help she needs to rebuild her life. Will she agree to that? Not on your life, she is on a path of self destruction and doesn't intend to change.
I do kind of feel sorry for her, but the real victims here will be those two innocent children and my sympathies are with them.