PDA

View Full Version : Ch Rowland's Cezanne of Imp-Cen "Zane"

3GSDMom
02-16-2007, 02:56 PM
At Westminster I had the honor of meeting Zane. I was standing by the GSD ring and this gorgeous male GSD caught my eye. I kept watching him and I loved how he interacted with his handler. They kept playing and then would pause their play to practice his stack. I snapped a few shots and then approached his owner and asked if I could take my picture with him. She happily agreed

I have to say that I am head over heels for this dog. Im not normally into the Show Shepherds but he really caught my eye.

Here are a few pictures I took of him at the show

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/bloodyvalentine27/Westminster221.jpg

My favorite one of him
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/bloodyvalentine27/Westminster223.jpg

Too busy checking out the crowd to look at the camera
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/bloodyvalentine27/Westminster226.jpg

Shots of Zane and I that my father took. We had to take a few shots because his owner was trying to get his ears up nicely in the picture :) I look so tired, so just ignore my face and stare at the GORGEOUS Zane :) (Notice my sweatshirt...hehe :p )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/bloodyvalentine27/Westminster228.jpg

Im going to have this one printed out and framed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/bloodyvalentine27/Westminster229.jpg

Zane in the ring. He got Best of Opposite. With Geneva taking Best of Breed.
He is the one in the middle. His handler is in the gold top.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/bloodyvalentine27/Westminster235.jpg

Minus one other male (the one on the far left) Zane was by far the best looking GSD out there, in my opinion.

Just had to share my experience and pictures with you all.

More Westminster pictures will follow soon. As well as a few video clips.

borzoimom
02-16-2007, 03:04 PM
( tears in eyes..) He looks like several of mine... Just BEAUTIFUL DOG!!

pitc9
02-16-2007, 03:16 PM
...drools....WOOW-ZA is he handsome!! :eek:

critter crazy
02-16-2007, 03:18 PM
What a gorgeous boy!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-16-2007, 03:20 PM
He's beautiful!!

Husky_mom
02-16-2007, 03:24 PM
gorgeous dog!! definately the most pretty......

pst pst.......where are the huskies......*ahem*......

3GSDMom
02-16-2007, 03:26 PM
pst pst.......where are the huskies......*ahem*......

Hehe, they will come soon with the rest of the pictures :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Great pictures!! What a wonderful opportunity for you! I can't wait to see more pics. It's just awesome that you got to got to Westminster and mingle right in!! :D

Being around some of those dogs would be probably more than I could handle. It's the coolest thing ever to be near champions of all the breeds in the country.

lizbud
02-16-2007, 04:26 PM
I watched for him at the show. He looked gorgeous on TV, but I would be
just thrilled to death to meet him in person. :) I'm jealous. :D

3GSDMom
02-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Westminster was definetly a very exciting experience. I won't ever forget it, thats for sure! Im sorry that it is over. It went by too fast.

Meeting Zane was definetly the highlight of the evening. He was/is just beautiful.

KYS
02-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Beautiful!! I always had a soft spot for GS.
Thank you for sharing. :)

chocolatepuppy
02-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Zane is gorgeous! I'm sure you will treasure that picture of the two of you forever! :D

cyber-sibes
02-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Wow, he's such a beautiful dog!
I have a question: it looks like GSD's have a different stack than other breeds - their backs slope down & their hips are very low. I notice they have one hind leg forward & one back - is this just how handlers show GSDs, or do GSDs carry themselves like that? It's a very majestic stance. They always look like heros.

theterrierman
02-16-2007, 08:07 PM
I have another question...I saw on the video (have to wait till the weekend to see the TV Broadcast - stupid Canadian Cable TV :mad: ) that alot of the GSD's were bunny hopping when they turned. Does this indicate HD? It must be a fault at least, you'd think.

lute
02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
What a beautiful dog! I love his coat! I do wish that GSD rears weren't like that. They look sick and deformed. :(

borzoimom
02-17-2007, 07:52 AM
I have another question...I saw on the video (have to wait till the weekend to see the TV Broadcast - stupid Canadian Cable TV :mad: ) that alot of the GSD's were bunny hopping when they turned. Does this indicate HD? It must be a fault at least, you'd think.
Thats a spring bounce- and alot of dogs will do that on a turn. Its encouraged to show " flash" so to speak.

3GSDMom
02-17-2007, 11:22 AM
I have a question: it looks like GSD's have a different stack than other breeds - their backs slope down & their hips are very low. I notice they have one hind leg forward & one back - is this just how handlers show GSDs, or do GSDs carry themselves like that? It's a very majestic stance. They always look like heros.

GSDs do have a very unique stack. And it is actually how they will stand on their own at times. I catch my boy standing like that at times (It is called a Free Stack when they do it on their own).

3GSDMom
02-17-2007, 11:24 AM
What a beautiful dog! I love his coat! I do wish that GSD rears weren't like that. They look sick and deformed. :(

Not all GSDs have that exagerated angulation ;) Mostly American Showlines do. And sometimes German Showlines.
Working lines have very little angulation. Which I find much more appealing. It is all a matter of personal opinion though.

And surprisingly (I was surprised to find this out). The exagerated angulation does not cause HD. We had a discussion about this on the GSD forum because a lot of people thought it caused hip problems because often it looks so painful for the dogs.

DrKym
02-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Which brings me to question.......................

where are the rest of the pics??? I am waiting with baited breath to see the rest....esp. the dobies..*hint hint* ahem cough cough ;)

3GSDMom
02-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Which brings me to question.......................

where are the rest of the pics??? I am waiting with baited breath to see the rest....esp. the dobies..*hint hint* ahem cough cough ;)

Haha, I know I know, I keep telling everyone they will be here. There are just so many of them I'm trying to figure out just how to post them. I can't link to my photo album because there are a ton of other photos in there and I'm far too lazy to upload them all into a different photo album. LoL. I'm in quite a bind.

I guess I'll just start posting them. Hope it doesn't kill anyones computers.

cocker_luva
02-17-2007, 01:58 PM
god they are so gorgeous! but i hate how they breed their back legs like that, i think its disgusting.

RobiLee
02-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Very handsome!

3GSDMom
02-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I still drool over his picture :D