PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleaning!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I know it's a bit early, I am starting to try to get the house in shape. This week, I gave the kitchen and bathroom a needed scrubbing, and this weekend I am going to start on the bedroom. It needs to be organized badly.

When the weather gets nice enough, I'm going to finally organize the shed! Everything is just tossed in there, from xmas decorations to camping gear to who knows what, you can barely stand in there now, and we might need something in there someday!

So, what are your spring cleaning projects? Spring is just around the corner! :D

kimlovescats
02-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm waiting for it to get warm enough to take down all of my blinds and take them outside and hose them down. Full of dust and cat hair .... YUCK! :eek:

lvpets2002
02-16-2007, 04:46 PM
:eek: Oh WoW Spring Cleaning not yet.. However I will let both you ladies come to my house & start.. :D

Freedom
02-16-2007, 05:46 PM
The thing I always do first (or just about) is the windows, inside and out. Once the sun is bright and warm, I want to SEE it!! So I get all the grime and grit off the outside, and all the kitty nose prints :rolleyes: off the inside. After that, the brightness shows what needs to be done. :eek:

critter crazy
02-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I think I will wait till all this snow melts before Ieven hink about Spring Cleaning!

Laura's Babies
02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
The one thing I need to do at my house is not to trash it the minute I walk in it when I get off the boat.. It looks so nice..... then I come home.... :rolleyes:

I worked on my bedroom last week. Changed the furniture, vaccumed, finally hung some things on the wall. I almost looks decent now.

Twisterdog
02-17-2007, 12:32 AM
I must be wierd (well, we KNEW that!) but I never do "spring cleaning." I do "fall cleaning" instead.

When it starts to get warm in the spring - which isn't going to be for another two months at least here - I know we are not going to be spending very much time in the house. I have so many outside projects that need to be crammed into our short three months of summer, that I pay very little attention to the house.

But in the fall, when I know it's soon going to be bad weather and I'm going to be stuck in the house for nine months, is when I really clean everything.

Dorothy39
02-17-2007, 05:35 AM
I've been trying to get this house back up to snuff myself . I thoroughly cleaned our bedroom last week, ditto for the bathroom ,from top to bottom.

I then attacked the messes in my sewing room,as well as the soon to be family room in our basement, and last but not least, I tidied up the exercise room.( :rolleyes: I need to visit that room more often).

I've got to utilize all this pent up energy and I figure,
if you Spring Clean, It Will Come. :cool:

Pam
02-17-2007, 05:44 AM
if you Spring Clean, It Will Come. :cool:

Oh my goodness if that was the case I would clean today like a madwoman!! :D

Actually the only thing that I do that would classify as spring cleaning is window washing. That is a task that gets done only once a year in the spring. Right now I can't even consider it as I look outside onto the layer of ice over everything. When it truly warms up I will venture down to the basement again to continue the never-ending task of whipping that into shape. Of course the lack of cooperation on the part of hubby and son to toss things out makes it more difficult than it needs to be. :rolleyes: Also, it is much too cold to be down there these days! :eek:

Killearn Kitties
02-17-2007, 06:23 AM
We have a lovely sunny day today that makes it really look like srping, but somehow I lack the motivation to start cleaning. The sun is making my kitchen window look filthy, and the nose marks are really starting to build up on the sitting room window, but I think I will just clear out a couple of cupboards that need it and see what next week brings. :D

Almita
02-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Well since i'm just a teenager here I still help around with this, We are starting today as well, since it's actually windy today and nice outside rather than just hot. I mostly start with my room because i haven't been using it or sleeping in there latley, since i want to move in to my brothers room so comfortable and i can actually sleep. So i think i'm moving in there this weekend hopefully. I love cleaning the kitchen and the windows and vaccuming, but when i vaccum the dogs start attacking it.

lizbud
02-17-2007, 05:31 PM
I think I will wait till all this snow melts before Ieven hink about Spring Cleaning!

Me too. :) Sounds like a perfectly reasonable approach to cleaning. :D

joycenalex
02-17-2007, 08:32 PM
i'm working on my clothes closet. as of this afternoon, there are 7 boxes going to the church for the shelter families. on march 1st, we have mandatory new uniforms at work (royal blue and white, so i'll look like a blueberry with legs :eek: ) for the next week,i get to wear my old favorite teal and black ones once more before they go to the box too; sad to say...there isn't a noticable improvement in closet space yet. i'm tackling the front closet tomorrow, with the cold weather, there are alot of gloves/hats/scarves that we're not using, i see we're not wearing and in this cold, i bet someone else can. why did i think i needed 4 pairs of gloves?

jackie
02-18-2007, 11:34 AM
My whole house needs a massive clean!!!

-windows
-cupboards
-fridge
-closets

Someone please take note, and message me in a week to see if I have done anything! :p

cyber-sibes
02-18-2007, 12:55 PM
UGH! I made a list of everything that needs doing, and then went to bed with a headache! I need more than spring cleaning - our house will get listed for sale in April, so I have to get cleaning and packing!

Pam
02-18-2007, 01:07 PM
our house will get listed for sale in April, so I have to get cleaning and packing!

My daughter and my sister-in-law are each moving the end of February. They have been through the *clean-up in order to show* phase and are now dealing with the packing. As much as I would love to move I shudder to think of the work involved especially after speaking with each of them! :)

Have you ever watched the show on HGTV called Designed to Sell? I just love that show. They take a $2,000 budget and suggest, and implement, changes to the house in order bring in *top dollar.* I love the transformations! :) Good luck on your upcoming move. I want a ranch style house next time - no steps! :D

cyber-sibes
02-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Have you ever watched the show on HGTV called Designed to Sell? I just love that show. :DNo, but I keep thinking of that show where they get you organized! They make you lay out all your stuff in big piles to save, garage sale, & give away. After 24 hrs., everythings done! Hmmm, maybe they'd like to do an episode on this poor woman who has to get her whole house packed up? :p

Pembroke_Corgi
02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
My whole house needs a massive clean!!!

-windows
-cupboards
-fridge
-closets

Someone please take note, and message me in a week to see if I have done anything! :p
Did you get your cleaning done yet? :D

I'm pretty surprised that I've actually gotten stuff done! This weekend was nice so I cleaned/organized the shed. And today it was snowing all day (yuck! I'm so sick of it!) so I did the bedroom. Can't wait until it's actually spring though!

joycenalex
02-28-2007, 06:39 PM
clothes closet done, front closet sorted out, and packed up , computer room closet started, that's mostly books. i'd like to paint the hall in early april, when i can open the windows and hang the pictures on a repainted wall, kind of like a rouges' galley.