PDA

View Full Version : So THIS is why satellite has so many critics.

Sirrahsim
02-16-2007, 01:28 PM
It's a beautiful day, barely a cloud in the sky, very light winds, and my signal is coming in and out :rolleyes: I checked the dish and there is no debris or anything so maybe it's a solar storm or something like that :rolleyes: Oh! It appears to be back up again :D I hope that we don't continue to have problems. Digital cable would cost us sooooo much more and regular cable only has about 16 channels :rolleyes: :D

borzoimom
02-16-2007, 01:34 PM
We have only lost our satellite like once in a blue moon- ... I mean almost NEVER!

critter crazy
02-16-2007, 01:35 PM
It's a beautiful day, barely a cloud in the sky, very light winds, and my signal is coming in and out :rolleyes: I checked the dish and there is no debris or anything so maybe it's a solar storm or something like that :rolleyes: Oh! It appears to be back up again :D I hope that we don't continue to have problems. Digital cable would cost us sooooo much more and regular cable only has about 16 channels :rolleyes: :D
YUP! That is why we got rid of ours, that and the two million channels we never watched! and of course the local channels we couldnt get!

Sirrahsim
02-16-2007, 01:41 PM
thankfully we were able to get our local channels and a channel package that we REALLY like :) It's working fine now so I'm hoping that this will be our once in a blue moon experience!

sparks19
02-16-2007, 02:05 PM
What kind of satellite service do you have?

We have DirecTV and it is wonderful. I have never had so much as fuzz on the screen. We just had an snow and ice storm and the reception was perfect the whole time. and they are cheaper than digital. At least in this area it is.

smokey the elder
02-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I have DirecTV too, and can count on one hand the times I've lost signal in 6 and a half years. Usually during very heavy rainstorms; snow doesn't usually bother it.

borzoimom
02-16-2007, 03:42 PM
What kind of satellite service do you have?

We have DirecTV and it is wonderful. I have never had so much as fuzz on the screen. We just had an snow and ice storm and the reception was perfect the whole time. and they are cheaper than digital. At least in this area it is.
We have directTV as well- we get local channels and everything else.