PDA

View Full Version : Poor Geico

k9krazee
02-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm sure most of you don't remember, but I have a Tokay Gecko named Gieco that I've had for about 5 years now.

Heres a couple pictures of her

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/kangashrew13/000_0415.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/kangashrew13/000_0419.jpg

Well...this morning I got an email from my brother saying that her tank started on fire! The heat lamp actually blew up and I'm assuming that the wood around the top of the tank is what caught on fire. Things inside the tank also started to burn. Luckily the house didn't catch on fire too, there's just some smoke damage, this happened really early this morning.

I'm scared for my gecko now though. She's alive but I know that the smoke inhalation couldn't have been good. She's living in a temporary tank in front of a heater. My mom's going to contact some local pet stores today and see if any will take her :(

I just wanted to let you guys know, and it breaks my heart. I wish I had more details because I don't understand how something like this could happen. I think it's just a way for my family to slowly get rid of my pets. :(

Zippy
02-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I am so sorry.((HUGS))I prayer Geico is ok.She is a beautiful gecko.Is your family not animal lovers?

buttercup132
02-16-2007, 01:02 PM
:( Thats horrible. I always used to fear the heat lamps catching fire somehow. I hope she finds a good home and gets better. Thank goodness she wasn't killed.

k9krazee
02-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks guys, I hope she's okay too.

Is your family not animal lovers?

They are for the most part. My family is having a really hard time at the moment though, we're having issues with one of the dogs. They've never really liked Geico because you can't hold her, you can't interact with her, all we do is supply food and lights when they blow up. They've been trying to give her away since the day they agreed to let me take her :rolleyes: So now I guess it was the final straw, the house could've burned down if nobody was home to find it this morning...

I just hope she finds a better home, since I left I know she hasn't been taken care of like she should be.

Kalei
02-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Aww that is so sad:( I really hope you can find a good home for Geico. And I am so glad that your house didn't catch on fire and also that your Gecko was okay and didn't get burnt. Poor little guy, good luck on finding a new Forever home for him.

sweetpatata6
02-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Good luck to you finding a new home for him... And mabey he'll find a home that won't blow up. Thank goodnes he's alive. Mabey this is a sign...

ramanth
02-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Poor Geico. I hope he's okay. *HUGS*

CathyBogart
02-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Poor Geico. Tokays are STURDY creatures...when a reptiles store burned down near here they found several tokays alive and healthy when it was time to rebuild (I worked for them for awhile). I hope Geico is okay.

Twisterdog
02-17-2007, 12:18 AM
A reptile store burned down here, too, come to think of it. Caused by heat lamps, too. Wonder how prevelant that is?

That is SO scary. We have a snake with a heat lamp. Fire just scares me to death. Now I'm even more paranoid.

I'm sorry this happened to your little lizard. I hope everything works out. :(

Chilli
02-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Poor girl. :( That must have been so scary!
I have a Tokay, myself, and I couldn't imagine having to rehome him. :(
I hope everything works out fine.. just thank goodness the fire was no worse than what it was!
(((hugs))) :)

k9krazee
02-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys :(

My mom took her to the petstore yesterday and the guy that works there is going to take her home and keep her. It still upsets me that she went and got rid of MY pet without getting my approval first. *sigh*

sweetpatata6
02-17-2007, 06:16 PM
*hugs* at least now he'll have a forever home