PDA

View Full Version : Callihan

bnormal
02-16-2007, 08:24 AM
My beloved boy Callihan had to be put down yesterday. Callihan had a very large tumor removed over a week ago and last Friday we learned that he had stage 3 hemangiosarcoma. We brought him home last Sunday hoping and praying for a miracle but it just wasn't to be. He wouldn't eat and had gotten very weak. He still had his personality though and we were able to love on him for the last 4 days of his life. Our vet came to the house yesterday and put him down. Callihan left this existence with peace. Our hearts are broken...

Callihan was born July 7, 1995 and died February 15, 2007. Callihan was a beautiful male Doberman Pinscher who was featured as the very first "Pet of the Day" back on September 1, 1997. He now joins Quincey at the Bridge...

Until we meet again my boy...

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm so sorry to hear Dear Callihan has left for the Bridge. I'm honored to have met Dog of the Day's First Dog, at the Findlay Dog Park.

Run free Calli. You will be missed.

Our thoughts are with you and your family, Brad.

Daisy and Delilah
02-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Rest in Peace Sweet Callihan :( Play hard and run free at the bridge sweetheart :(

I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for you :(

Karen
02-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Dear, dear Callihan, our first ever Pet of the Day, play well at the Rainbow Bridge, boy! You will be missed here on earth. You go find my Sheba girl - we always thought she might be part Doberman, and she's very smart and has been there a long time, so she'll show you around, okay?

Genny
02-16-2007, 11:46 AM
bnormal, I am so so sorry about Callihan. I went and read the page where he got the very first pet of the day! That is something you will always remember! He was beautiful and he sounded so sweet and loving... I'm so sorry you had to put him to sleep, but he's at the RB now. I have 4 bog dogs a collie, a great pyrenees, an alaskan malamute, and a chow that have gone to the RB also, so they will show him around as well; I'm so sorry though he was so pretty.....

Kfamr
02-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Dear Brad & Jennie...
I am so terribly sorry to hear of the loss of Callihan. Having met Calli, and Mitchell, in Findlay it hits so close to my heart hearing this news. I know he was deeply loved during his stay here and will be cherished forever.

He was a beautiful companion.

Please give Mitchell a big hug from me. Although it's not on good terms, I am glad to see your name as a thread started.

lizbud
02-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( I never had the pleasure of meeting Callihan
in person, but I looked up his DOTD page to see him. He was a beautiful
Doberman. It is so very hard to lose a piece of your heart like that. :(

Rest In Peace now Callihan. You will be missed but won't be forgotten.

K9karen
02-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Safe journey to the Beautiful Bridge, Callihan. You were an angel on earth, and now a majestic angel forever. We will never forget you.

AdoreMyDogs
02-16-2007, 10:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your baby boy. He had a wonderful life with you, and he's in a good place now and he's in good hands. I know it hurts but he'll always be with you :(

kallisto4529
02-17-2007, 01:24 AM
My heart breaks for you and your family, it just never seems fair and it hurts so much when we have to say goodbye to them, they become such a huge part of our lives and our hearts. I pray you find the comfort of knowing how very much he was loved and how very much he loved you back, you will always have him with you no matter where you are. Letting him go was the most precious sacrifice we can make for our furkids, I have had to do it myself and it tears you up, but eventually it helps knowing you put his needs first.
Rest in peace sweet beautiful boy, go and be healthy and play at the Bridge with all of our other babies.
God Bless you all.

Sudilar
02-17-2007, 08:12 AM
I am so sorry for your great loss. What a greeting Callihan must have had at RB by all of our PT furangels!! My heart goes out to you and your family. Callihan was a handsome boy.

KYS
02-22-2007, 09:22 PM
I am sorry to read about your loss of Callihan. :(
Sending many hugs your way.
RIP and watch over your humans.

critter crazy
02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I am so sorry for your loss! RIP sweet Callihan.

shais_mom
03-01-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Dear Callihan has left for the Bridge. I'm honored to have met Dog of the Day's First Dog, at the Findlay Dog Park.

Run free Calli. You will be missed.

Our thoughts are with you and your family, Brad.
I'm so sorry Brad- Rest easy now Callihan. I am so glad I had the honor of meeting you.
{{hugs}}

Logan
03-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Darn it. :( I hate for anyone else to feel the same pain I am feeling right now. :(

Rest in peace, Callihan. You sure did have some special friends to go with you.

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
03-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Callihan was a beautiful male Doberman Pinscher who was featured
as the very first "Pet of the Day" back on September 1, 1997.

Dear Brad ~

Sorry I missed this when you needed a shoulder to lean on ...
But I offer my Sympathies for the loss of Callihan.

I'm sure he'll *drop by* the Findlay Park over Memorial Day ...
all the Pups will meet him under the Big Tree for a Howdy.

You'd be welcome, too! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

/s/ http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Phred

anna_66
03-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Oh Brad:(

I"m so very sorry to hear about Callihan and sorry I didn't see this thread sooner (thanks Staci for letting me know) :o

I know how much this must be hurting you, but know that he's happy and running free at the Rainbow Bridge with my Angus and all the other PT pups that has left before him.

I'm very luck to be one of the people to have met your beautiful, sweet boy. He'll be missed by everyone.

Many (((hugs))) to you both.

Anna

bnormal1
03-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks much to everyone for your sympathies...the last few weeks have been tough...

Even now it's still hard to believe that Callihan is gone. I still have trouble even saying it. The memories randomly come to mind almost by the minute...Things I haven't thought of in years. The pain I feel I use to remind myself that their are 3 dobie boys and girls to love on...Mitchy, Jackie and Bennie...

To those here I've never met in person thanks again for your kind words.

To those I had the good fortune of meeting a few years ago in Findlay your words of encouragement are special and I look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. It certainly makes it more personal when you've actually met.

Attached is a picture of Callihan and Mitchy at the park in Findlay from a few years ago. Callihan is looking right into the camera with a look that says, "hi daddy, it sure is hot"! That is Mitchy on the right.

God bless you all!

see you soon pooch...

shais_mom
03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
You are still in my thoughts Brad and family -
I hope you DO make it sometime back to Findlay - even my house!
I'm so glad I had the opportunity to have your dobie boys have a short romp in my yard.
{{hugs}}

anna_66
03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Callihan is looking right into the camera with a look that says, "hi daddy, it sure is hot"!
Yeah but remember it wasn't too hot for him to pass up a chance to play ball;) I'm sure him and Angus are having a time at the bridge fighting over who gets the tennis ball:)

Thinking of you...

bnormal1
03-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Anna, thanks for posting that picture of Callihan and Mitchell...that's great!

I'm sure Angus, Callihan and Quincey are playing and rompin around...I can't wait for that day when their running and all of a sudden they get a whiff in the air and they stop. Their ears perk up...and they realize that mommy and daddy are home...and never shall we be separated again!

Very cool to think about!

God bless!