PDA

View Full Version : I got Samenella Poisoning

petslover
02-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Peter Pan Recall:

So Tuesday I was in class and I started feeling sick to my stomach. soo I got my books together and just left.. I was half way down the hall and I got really dizzy and hit the floor. It was really scary. It was like I couldn't even control my body. I could see things around me, but couldn't grasp on to anything or even say anything. It was the scariest experience I have ever experienced.

What really made me mad is when I hit the floor I knew a lady was behind me.. so I figured she would help me.. I saw her just walk passed me. I mean I was pretty much laying in the middle of the hall and she just walked passed me.. ugh.. some people.

Well anyways noone came around to help, but after about 3 minutes I came back to earth and got up and walked away and called my parents for help.

I have been sick to my stomach so much. I have never been this sick if my life...

I almost thought I was dying.

I went to the doctor, he stated that I did have poison. He prescribed me some antibiotics...

We called the company and yes our recall codes matched..

sooo with all that saying, I will not be eating any peanut butter for a long long time..

This has been a rough week.

I just wanted to share just be careful when you eat peter pan peanut butter for awhile.

borzoimom
02-15-2007, 10:33 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh no... I am so sorry-... :(

Laura's Babies
02-15-2007, 10:35 PM
OH NO!! You poor thing.... Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Daisy and Delilah
02-15-2007, 10:58 PM
That's awful Tia!!! I'm so sorry to hear this! I know you were already sick and that didn't help. FEEL BETTER SWEETIE!!! :(

K9karen
02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Double UGH....being ignored when down (happened to me at a train station-people stepped OVER me!) and having food poisoning. Hope you feel better fast, Tia. Chicken soup and hot tea for you.

Toby's my baby
02-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I am so very very sorry to hear this! I hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

kimlovescats
02-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Gosh, honey ... I wish you had seen the recall thread before you ate the peanut butter! You get feeling better soon!!!!!

Hugs,
Kim

shais_mom
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Peter Pan Recall:

So Tuesday I was in class and I started feeling sick to my stomach. soo I got my books together and just left.. I was half way down the hall and I got really dizzy and hit the floor. It was really scary. It was like I couldn't even control my body. I could see things around me, but couldn't grasp on to anything or even say anything. It was the scariest experience I have ever experienced.

What really made me mad is when I hit the floor I knew a lady was behind me.. so I figured she would help me.. I saw her just walk passed me. I mean I was pretty much laying in the middle of the hall and she just walked passed me.. ugh.. some people.

Well anyways noone came around to help, but after about 3 minutes I came back to earth and got up and walked away and called my parents for help.

I have been sick to my stomach so much. I have never been this sick if my life...

I almost thought I was dying.

I went to the doctor, he stated that I did have poison. He prescribed me some antibiotics...

We called the company and yes our recall codes matched..

sooo with all that saying, I will not be eating any peanut butter for a long long time..

This has been a rough week.

I just wanted to share just be careful when you eat peter pan peanut butter for awhile.

{{hugs}}
feel better asap!

krazyaboutkatz
02-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Tia, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick.:( I've also had food poisoning before and it's the sickest I've ever been in my life. Luckily I don't use Peter Pan peanut butter I've always bought Jif. I sure hope that you feel better soon. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Pembroke_Corgi
02-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Oh no, I hope you feel better soon!! :(

Pawsitive Thinking
02-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Eeeekk!! Get well soon

JenBKR
02-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Oh Tia, I am so sorry. What a miserable experience this must be for you. Get better soon, we'll miss you!!

elizabethann
02-16-2007, 07:27 AM
So much for this compasionate human race! That makes me mad that the woman just walked away. :mad:

I hope you are feeling back to your old self real soon. It sounds like a frightening experience.

Freedom
02-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Hope the anitibiotics help and you are feeling like yourself again real soon!

I know what you mean about not eating peanut butter for a long time. In 4th grade, I had a baloney sandwish for lunch. that afternoon, I came down with the flu; this had NOTHING to do with my sandwich. But I haven't eaten baloney in over 40 years!!!!

pitc9
02-16-2007, 07:49 AM
MANY gentle hugs to you!!
I hope you feel better soon!

AdoreMyDogs
02-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry that you are so sick :( You poor thing. I hope you get to feeling better soon :( How scary that must have been, and how awful of that woman to not help you when you fell :(

gemini9961
02-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Tia, that's awful. Rest up and take it easy. I too had some of the PB and I am sending mine back for a refund.

My Peanuts
02-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Tia, that is terrible. I really hope you are feeling better. It's crazy that stuff like this still happens even to big companies. I jsut ate Peter Pan peanut butter last night. Does anyone know the label codes affected? I'd like to check.

petslover
02-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks for all the comments. The antibiotics are making me feel so sleepy.. I am going to take a nap and then I won't be on this weekend. I am makin myself to go to school and get some school work done. I have gotten behind in my work even though I really don't feel like going. I really hope all this sickness doesn't put me back a semester. :(

I really thought I was going to die. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital.. I mean I lost all control of my body. I couldn't move, talk, hear, or even see straight.. I prayed that night to God to let me wake up in the morning. I was THAT scared. Thank GOD he did and that I'm getting better.
My stomach is still upset.. being nauseas and all. I feel so weak.

The doctor said that the antibiotic that I am on for my ear infection may have saved my life. He said that it probably helped fight off some of that bacteria from the food poisoning. The doctor also stated that several people came in the office thinking they had it , but they didnt.. He told me that I was the only one that really had it. He said only about 3 people a day get it in the world.. I was one of them.

Thanks for all the comments.

We are trying to contact the company because they really need to be responsible for the doctor bills.

anyways thanks so much for caring.. but I'll be fine.. It may take awhile, but I'll be alright.

Thanks!!

caseysmom
02-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Tia, I am so so sorry you are going through this. I hope you are feeling better really soon. Take care of yourself sweetie.

whomeee
02-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Im glad you are doing better get lots of rest School is important but you get better first.
My Peanuts I found a web site about the peanutbutter, I couldnt get the url post to work so here is the most important info, you look on the lid for the number, given in the last line. Feb 15, 2007 - CaOutbreak has slowly grown to nearly 300 cases in 39 states since August
• CDC: Outbreak thought to be first in U.S. history linked to peanut butter
• About 20 percent of the 288 infected people have been hospitalized
• FDA: Don't eat Peter Pan or Great Value with product code starting "2111" ched

prechrswife
02-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Oh, no! I hope you are feeling better soon. :(

beeniesmom
02-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh Tia sweety, I am so sorry.
I hope you feel better soon.
This is really ridiculous. I wonder how many small children got sick since lots of kids get PB in thier sandwiches for lunch or snack.
I hope your medical bills will be paid by the PB brand company. That is the least they can do.

popcornbird
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh, you poor, poor thing. :( How scary. :( Thank God we don't buy Peter Pan brand peanut butter. We buy Skippy. Still, it makes me worry. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Take care of yourself, get lots of rest, and feel better soon!

sandragonfly
02-16-2007, 02:10 PM
so sorry it caught you dear!! :( food posioning can not be so fun... feel better really soon! ((((hugs))))

I know I still need to email you back!! nap well and take care for now, tia.

GreyhoundGirl
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh no!!! :eek: That must have been so tramatizing!!! Get well soon!

My Peanuts
02-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, I ate it too! Just found out. I had my doctor paged. I have a slight stomach ache and head ache but nothing like you, Tia. Better to be safe than sorry. The Peter Pan peanut butter I ate is lot # 21117002000452A. I'm so mad right now, I have a feeling my 3 day weekend is about to be ruined.

Logan
02-16-2007, 07:51 PM
I threw away 2 jars of peanut butter this morning, just in case, since both were Peter Pan and both had the evil 2111 code on them. One was half eaten, by Lilly, Andrew and me (we're the only chunkly peanut butter fans in this house). Lilly is not fine, but she had none of that peanut butter until this week, long after her illness began and after we had used that jar of peanut butter.

What makes me feel good is that so few people have gotten ill, after all of the jars that were included in this recall. And it hasn't caused death. Thank goodness!! I imagine our stomachs are tough enough to handle this problem. I hope so!!

Logan

Dorothy39
02-17-2007, 06:02 AM
Gosh Tia, I've read about the food poisening cases and I'm so sorry that you went through such trama. Food poisening sounds real scarey!!!!! :eek:

I just can't, for the life of me, imagine anyone walking right past a person who has just fallen onto the floor!!!!

{{{HUGS}}} and I hope you're feeling much better now!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Gosh, Tia! I am so sorry!!! I hope you feel lots better real soon!!! :(