PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight anyone?

Felix
02-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Was wondering if anyone here made one of there New Years Resolution to get fit or lose weight.If so how is it going?I have been trying since October,2006 and made it my New Years resolution to keep up with it.I got a total of 28 lbs gone so far with another 11 lbs to go before I reach my goal. :)

Anyone want to share their story and progress?

Flatcoatluver
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago and have lost so far 12 pounds. Congrats to you! I have become addicted to soups and saled. How about you? I also started to take more dog training classes. I find the more active I am the less likely I will be bored and eat.

carole
02-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Well i am still battling the bulge,last year for the first time in a while i maintained my weight loss for the whole year, gaining a little now and then but getting it off again, but just before xmas i dunno i fell off the wagon and gained 3 kilos and i am struggling like crazy to get it off, but the good news hubby fixed the treadmill and i am walking a kilometre a day, which is better than nothing, i really want to get to my goal this year, it's a promise i made myself for my 50th birthday present,so far i am not doing very well,so inspire me folks please. :D

Felix
02-15-2007, 07:50 PM
I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago and have lost so far 12 pounds. Congrats to you! I have become addicted to soups and saled. How about you? I also started to take more dog training classes. I find the more active I am the less likely I will be bored and eat.
Thanks so very much!Thats great you have 12lbs gone in 3 weeks!Keep up the terrific work.I too love salads and soups :) I never joined any gyms or programs to lose my weight.I am doing it all on my own.Eating right and exercising.My biggest thing believe it or not was learning how to eat.See before I will skip breakfast & lunch by dinner I was starving and over ate.Then id snack all evening.Now I eat my 3 meals a day plus a snack.I also take a basic mutivitamin.Water,water,water is the key! Good luck with your weightloss. :)

carole - Hope you get back on the wagon soon...how about NOW?You can do it!! :D

dab_20
02-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Great job everyone... I'm sure it feels good to lose weight.

I started on January 1st, and by January 25th I lost 6 pounds. I've gained 5 back though because I've been eating sweets again. :( I'm really dissapointed in myself, but once I start eating good again, I know I can lose it all this time. My goal is to lose about 20 pounds.

Flatcoatluver
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
I am a big snacker at night when I am trying to go to sleep. I always crave the sweets. This time is the harder for me and also the worse time to eat. :p

K9karen
02-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Congratulations All! Dieting is torture. I haven't had to diet in years, just "watch it" but as a teenager, I went to WW and it was awesome. I joined a gym to strengthen my back from surgery and build muscles in my left arm from my broken wrist. Except for getting out of a warm bed, I'm loving it! I do water aerobics 3x a week plus a 2 hour work out. Lost 3% of body fat.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Congrats to all! Losing weight is tough. I'm trying to lose 10-15 lbs. I'm no good at resisting sweets, and I have no desire to give up too many foods I love, so I've just been working out more. I've been doing pretty well with it, and I feel much healthier!

cyber-sibes
02-16-2007, 08:42 AM
I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago and have lost so far 12 pounds. This is really good to hear. I work with a woman who is in WW and has lost 50 lbs so far. I think I may try it. I'm not doing so well losing weight on my own. :rolleyes: That darn scale keeps going the wrong direction! My husband's doctor said he needs to lose 20 lbs., so I need to change our diets. (of course, he's on his own for a couple more months till I move out there with him)

catlover4ever
02-16-2007, 08:55 AM
I joined weight watchers 7 weeks ago and I am down 22 lbs. I really needed something to keep me on track and WW is doing it for me. I also found that the several other times I had done WW I had not attended the meetings and this time I stay for the meetings and my leader gives me so much inspiration and information that keeps me going each week.

Congratulations to all of us who have lost a few pounds...and for those of us who need to get back on track....tomorrow is another day to start again.

Flatcoatluver
02-16-2007, 01:36 PM
This is really good to hear. I work with a woman who is in WW and has lost 50 lbs so far. I think I may try it. I'm not doing so well losing weight on my own. :rolleyes: That darn scale keeps going the wrong direction! My husband's doctor said he needs to lose 20 lbs., so I need to change our diets. (of course, he's on his own for a couple more months till I move out there with him)
Thanks, I love weight watchers because they weigh me, I hate weighing myself. There meetings are so wonderful and inspirational.

king2005
02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Both Bear & I are loosing weight.

I started loosing weight early-mid 2006 (had no $ to buy food..ate once every 3-4 days.. not recommended at all!!)...

Now that I'm 50lbs lighter & eat daily, I'm loosing weight at a normal/healthy pace.

Saddly everyone I know now, never saw the super tubby me. Andrews folks said I needed to go on a diet & join a gym, just like the guys need to :(
Gee thanks :(

Andrews mother is a tinny tiny thing (she fits her frame size just fine).. But I'm built largem I cannot get any smaller then 140p without feeling sick & weak... My body type has a lot of muscle as well, so that adds to my weight.

I'm about 150lbs now, so I'm close to my goal... I just need to loose my gut & thats it IMO. If I can loose more & still feel helthy, then so be it.. but 140lbs is my goal.

Bear's tummy keeps getting more & more giggly lol I just cannot stop flapping it hehehe I soo need to take a video of her giggly tummy, as its just so cute :D

DrKym
02-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I started Nutrisystem, and it is working wonders, even with the steriods I am on (which is why i need to lose the weight) I have lost over 13 pounds without being hungry, and my docs all agree that it is nutritionally sound, even with the med issues. Best part?
CHOCOLATE!!
Their food is really yummy (which is a huge plus) and I can take my dessert to bed so I feel like i am cheating (who wouldn't eating chocolate candy in bed???)
I started using it on the 29th of January and its been nearly a month, so I am very happy with the weight loss vs. time frame!

Just my thoughts
Kym

cyber-sibes
02-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Alright, I did it! I joined Weight Watchers this morning. :D Went to a meeting, very nice people. The woman leading the meeting has lost 174 lbs with WW!!! :eek: Now that's encouraging!

DrKym
02-17-2007, 11:21 AM
YAY good on ya Pam! Lots of LUCK! :D

Toby's my baby
02-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Good job everyone!! Sounds to me like WW works wonders! :eek:

This summer, when we had the "Fitness Fridays Health Club" I did SO good. I was very proud of myself, I ate right, and drank water constantly. When we stopped haveing those threads, I started to go down hill. I started off the school year at somewhere around 110-115 lbs, and now I'm about 125? I almost always gain weight during basketball season (October- end of Feb). I feel gross with this extra weight though. Basketball season is over tonight, we have our last game at 6 :( During the season, I am never home, always at practice or games. I get so hungry that I'll eat anything that I possibly can, which usually means a lot of junk food. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track now that the season is over. I'm hoping to get back down to about 115, I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I am short so it doesn't take a lot. ;)

Good luck to everyone! Keep up the good work!

DrKym
02-17-2007, 11:36 AM
I failed on WW but that doesnt mean other ppl wont do great! I just do not like the whole drive to a meeting thing,
So I am using the Nutrisystem. everything is available by phone or web, the dietician is a phone call away 24/7 the support is there and they will happily consult with your docs, and there is no additional charge for it. I pay 283.00 monthly for the food to be delivered, all the med support and dieticians and tailoring to your specific med needs are free. So that was a huge plus for me!

jazzcat
02-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I joined weight watchers 7 weeks ago and I am down 22 lbs. I really needed something to keep me on track and WW is doing it for me. I also found that the several other times I had done WW I had not attended the meetings and this time I stay for the meetings and my leader gives me so much inspiration and information that keeps me going each week.

Congratulations to all of us who have lost a few pounds...and for those of us who need to get back on track....tomorrow is another day to start again.
Wow Meg, that is very impressive! Congratulations! Quit sending those pounds down so though, LOL.
I started a new med at the first of the year and I've gained 7-8 pounds from it. I finally couldn't take anymore and called my dr. this week so this morning I started a different med. I'm hoping it helps me to lose what the other made me gain.

Flatcoatluver
02-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Ok I had my third weigh in with weight watchers, and I lost 2 pounds! I have now lost 14! Whooo hoo!

sprokett
02-17-2007, 03:27 PM
fascinating fact: sniffing a bannana or granny smith apple can help lose weight

RobiLee
02-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I have lost 60 pounds since the first of October. The sad part is that I am still huge and have a long way to go. I didn't lose my weight the healthy way either. My weight loss was due to tons of stress and depression. At least something good came from all of that!

Almita
02-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Well I'm trying to lose weight, don't know if i have haha. What i want to know for some of you like what do you guys eat for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner?

I'm in track just started Feb. 5th What we do is jog two laps, then we stretch since it's not good to stretch before you run, well that's what the coached said and i trust them so yeah. Then we do these basic things like high knees, butt kickers, stuff like that, then we will do other things, like work on 100's 200's 400's shot put , and long jump. What' i'm doing it the long jump and shot put.

I want to know what i could eat for breakfast lunch and dinner to help. I'm a salad and soup lover but i've been like that. Don't eat sweets that much, but i eat chips a lot which is a bad thing. I LOVE any fruits as well.

jazzcat
02-17-2007, 07:18 PM
I have lost 60 pounds since the first of October. The sad part is that I am still huge and have a long way to go. I didn't lose my weight the healthy way either. My weight loss was due to tons of stress and depression. At least something good came from all of that!
I saw your picture in the "lets see you" thread (or whatever it was called). You look great! I think you have the most beautiful eyes too. Congrats on the weight loss. I know it didn't happen from the best of circumstances but it happened and that is a bright spot! I lost 75 pounds (and now I've gained about 10 back) but I still need to lose another 35-40. It's frustrating to have lost so much and still needing to lose more but we just have to look at how much better we are now and know we'll get there eventually.

carole
02-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Ok most of you know i am an avid supporter of WW, and always will be, however what i need to ask is what is the best way to loose body fat,because as i have reached that nearly 50 age group, i actually weigh less than i did some years back, but would say i have more of that beloved body fat than ever,especially around the tum, i know for many pre=menopausal women this is indeed a problem,and i have a damn hell of a job getting rid, i know if i loose the ten kilos i want, it will make a big difference for sure, but i still feel there will be too much of that unwanted stuff around my middle, any suggestions are welcome, thanks. :)