PDA

View Full Version : Dog's Ear Severed & Glued On By Groomer

pitc9
02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.newsnet5.com/family/11022313/detail.html

GIG HARBOR, Wash. -- Anni Sheriffius said she was trying to wash off what she thought was dirt on her dog Jasmine’s ear when the ear fell off.

Sheriffius rushed her dog to the veterinarian to learn that the dog’s ear had been cut off by a dog groomer and super-glued back on.

“And I saw the ear float away, and it freaked me out,” Sheriffius said.

Jasimine, a shi tzu, had to undergo treatment for an infection.

Sheriffius said she still has the ear in a plastic bag, and has been crying for weeks at the thought of someone hurting her dog.

Pierce County sheriff’s investigators are looking into possible criminal charges against the unlicensed dog groomer.

“Once they tried to hide it and glued the ear back on, that’s not good for the dog. There are all kinds of things that can happen, infection, it's cruelty to animals,” Det. Ed Troyer said.

The shop where Jasmine was injured, J’Raes Pet Grooming, appears to have shut down, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported.

“I’d like her never, ever to touch another dog, that’s what I’d like to see,” Sheriffius said.

beeniesmom
02-15-2007, 12:39 PM
OMG! I just finished reading the same article on another news site.
Glad I have never taken my dogs to the groomers. I'm lucky enough that when I had Poodles I knew how to do it myself.
Now with the Bostons.... there really is no grooming involved.

borzoimom
02-15-2007, 12:42 PM
GOOD LORD!! :eek: That is the worst thing I have even read about a groomer in my life!

Husky_mom
02-15-2007, 12:47 PM
how cruel was that!.......poor doggie.......what a nerve to glue the ear, couldn´t they just had a vet check right away.........or at least tell the owner accident or not..........

Luckily we have no need for scissors but still anything can happen.......

sparks19
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
OMG. I hope that groomer has to face some sort of charge or fine or something and also that they can no longer groom. What a horrible story.

lvpets2002
02-15-2007, 12:53 PM
:( :mad: OMG How So So Horrible.. I would have just exploded with anger..

Vela
02-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty much speechless. Had that been my dog, I would probably be jailed for assault and battery.

elizabethann
02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
If anybody did that to Fenway, I'd be thrown in jail for kicking that groomers a$$!!! :mad:

Poor dog! :(

Miss Z
02-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Woah, that's beyond nasty. Trying to cover it up with super-glue? UGH :mad: I hope the dog recovers fully from her infection soon and that the groomers get what's coming to them!

GreyhoundGirl
02-15-2007, 02:05 PM
:mad: I agree with Zara.... wayyyyyyyyyy beyond nasty... She shou-ld have known the owner would realise eventually. :mad: Thank heavens I don't go to the groomers. :mad:

lizbud
02-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I read this article today also and I was just speechless. :eek: Did that
person thing the owner wouldn't notice? More likely that she wanted to
be far, far away from the owner when she discovered what happened.
Poor little dog. :( The lady was still very upset in the video. I don't blame
her at all. I think I would have to be restrained from killing the idiot who
did this.

ShihtzuBeauty
02-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I was just getting ready to post this. Isn't this just Disgusting? How could a "person" be soo Sick?!!! There just is no understanding here. :confused:

critter crazy
02-15-2007, 04:14 PM
OMG!!!!!! I cannot believe someone actually did this???? How the heck could you glue an animals ear on, and not think anyone would notice??? That has to be one of the sickest things I have ver heard of!!!!!!:mad:

Laura's Babies
02-15-2007, 04:47 PM
That groomer better be glad it wasn't MY dog she injured then tried to cover up... I'd have been all over her like white on rice! :mad:

areias
02-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Accidents happen..that's for sure...and had she told the woman that "on accident" the dog maybe jumped and she clipped..and oops..but to GLUE the ear back on? That's disgusting! :mad:

Honestly, I would not be infuriated by the groomer if they had taken the dog to the vet, offered to pay for stitching it back on or something. As long as I feel it wasn't done in negligence (sp) and that the groomer was competant. I might be a little upset, but not half as upset as I would have been if my dogs ear fell off after being glued back on. :eek:

wolf_Q
02-15-2007, 10:22 PM
That is absolutely terrible, poor poor dog. :( I honestly cannot even see how you could slip and cut the entire ear off...I've seen cuts happen at my work, moving animals and sharp objects, well, accidents happen...but that is just insane. ANY injury no matter how small is immediately reported to our manager who decides whether it requires a trip to the vet. Most people on here think independent groomers are better than chain stores, and that is the case for some, but every groomer we've hired that came from an independent salon said at their other shop they used glue on cuts instead of taking them to a vet.

Lady's Human
02-15-2007, 10:30 PM
With my temper the groomer would be looking like Van Gogh.

jackie
02-16-2007, 08:00 AM
That is the most shameful and disgusting thing I have ever heard.

I hope the groomer is charged with animal abuse, and anything else they can charge her with.

How heartless and STUPID could you be? Didn't she think the ear would start decomposing sooner or later?

The poor pup. :(

finn's mom
02-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I would think a person that unintelligent would appear to be so upon first sight. I can't believe a person would even have a grasp on human speech that is ignorant enough to think that would fool anyone. Poor dog. I am not a physically violent person, but, I think that would test me. I know I'd have to let loose a barrage of unpleasant words, though. :)

KYS
02-16-2007, 05:19 PM
That's horrible, POOR DOG and Poor owner.
Disgusting! :(

Twisterdog
02-17-2007, 11:04 AM
That is absolutely terrible, poor poor dog. :( I honestly cannot even see how you could slip and cut the entire ear off...I've seen cuts happen at my work, moving animals and sharp objects, well, accidents happen...but that is just insane. ANY injury no matter how small is immediately reported to our manager who decides whether it requires a trip to the vet. Most people on here think independent groomers are better than chain stores, and that is the case for some, but every groomer we've hired that came from an independent salon said at their other shop they used glue on cuts instead of taking them to a vet.

I agree, that is CRAZY. I don't know how it is physically possible to accidently cut OFF a dog's entire ear! I've cut dogs before - EVERY groomer in the world has accidently cut a dog before. But to cut an ear OFF?!?!

I own an independent grooming shop, and I take any animal to the vet that needs it. It doesn't happen often, but any grooming shop that tells you it NEVER happens is lying. I would never glue a cut that required vet care. :confused:

wolf_Q
02-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I agree, that is CRAZY. I don't know how it is physically possible to accidently cut OFF a dog's entire ear! I've cut dogs before - EVERY groomer in the world has accidently cut a dog before. But to cut an ear OFF?!?!

I own an independent grooming shop, and I take any animal to the vet that needs it. It doesn't happen often, but any grooming shop that tells you it NEVER happens is lying. I would never glue a cut that required vet care. :confused:

I never said you would do that or that all independent groomers are bad (I can't count how many people have said all Petco/Petsmart groomers are horrible. :rolleyes: I guarantee if it happened at one of those everyone would be saying that again. )....that's just been the case with several groomers we've hired locally that came from independent shops. Finding good people around here is really difficult. I never in any way meant to imply anything bad about your shop, just my personal experience with the independent groomers I have worked with. I agree, any grooming salon that says cuts never happen are lying, it happens...but this case was no simple accident...poor dog.

Twisterdog
02-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I never said you would do that or that all independent groomers are bad (I can't count how many people have said all Petco/Petsmart groomers are horrible. :rolleyes: I guarantee if it happened at one of those everyone would be saying that again. )....that's just been the case with several groomers we've hired locally that came from independent shops. Finding good people around here is really difficult. I never in any way meant to imply anything bad about your shop, just my personal experience with the independent groomers I have worked with. I agree, any grooming salon that says cuts never happen are lying, it happens...but this case was no simple accident...poor dog.

I know you weren't implying that. I didn't mean to imply that you were implying. LOL ;)

And I agree ... not a simple accident at all. :mad:

moosmom
02-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Poor dog. :( Did this idiot groomer think that she could crazy glue the dog's ear back and not be noticed???? *shakes head, rolls eyes* Unbelievable!!