PDA

View Full Version : Melissa.... How is Saki?

Reachoutrescue
02-14-2007, 09:27 PM
I haven't heard hide or hair about Saki and I was just wondering how he was and when he was going home to Katie. Any pictures?

Tracy-

kimlovescats
02-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I wonder if Katie will have room for him now since she has all of the strays her neighbor just abandoned! :eek:

catfamily
02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I was just thinking the same.Katie has so many.She so sweet to take all them in.But Melissa also has her hands full.

Reachoutrescue
02-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, if Katie can not take Saki, then I will pick him up from Melissa...the agreement was that Katie adopts him. I have several people that were interested in Saki, so I know I can easily find him a home.

Lizzie
02-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Katie is working very, very hard at rescuing the abandoned cats near her home, but she is not planning on keeping them. If people on PT can't take them, she plans to put ads for them in the paper and other places. As you know, Tracy, the whole rescue effort of scooping up/trapping, multiple vet visits for everything, coming up with funds, keeping them well after spay/neuter surgery, and then interviewing and home-visiting potential adopters takes up a great deal of time so the unexpected delay in picking up Saki must be understandable.

Saki is one of Katie's permanent troupe of cats and she's longing to have him in her home. However, she knows that Melissa is a good foster parent, as she was to Beans/Surya. Katie does have her hands full and could do with a lot of help, so finally getting Saki is going to feel like a wonderful reward.

catmandu
02-16-2007, 05:35 PM
We Are Praying For Good Homes For All Those Cats And Bless Melissa For Caring For The Homeless Ones.
Someone Has To Care About Those Who Need Help The Most.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Just wanted to say that there is not an option to me adopting Saki. I got to name him, I wanted him, and I adopted him.. I have never regretted that.
Just because I have others that I am helping, I still have a lifelong obligation to my cats, INCLUDING Saki.
Saki has Irratible Bowel Syndrome, along with non digestibility. He is being treated at Melissa's vet, and the vet cost here in NC are 2-3 times HIGHER than in Kentucky. I cannot argue the fact that I cant afford this high of a bill right this moment with all of the other cats that are with me and need to see a vet. So Melissa will treat him there, and then we will figure out a date to do transport.
It has fallen through before because of weather, and as everyone knows with transport, sometimes things get sidetracked.
BUT just to clarify and address the worries of some, YES as soon as Melissa and I can work out a date, and Saki is good and healthy, we will update further. Saki will be with me soon, and live long and happy with me and my cats. And Lizzie, you are right, it will be SUCH a reward to be able to hold and love on him.
I have talked to Melissa and to Tracy, and I think we are all on the same page. I am glad that Tracy worries about Saki, and I know that it will make her more comfortable once he is in his furrever home. And I am sure Melissa is more than ready to get Saki to me as well.
Melissa will update for you tomorrow Tracy, she did not get to a computer like we had hoped.

doolittleky
02-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Tracy,
My bad...I just assumed since you call Katie all the time that you were getting your updates about Saki from her. Katie calls me everyday at work and I update her on how he is doing, vet visits, the goofy things he does etc. The last vet visit as Katie told you the vet said Saki is not digesting his food properly and that is causing him to have a large volume of stool, more than he should. She has but him on Albon and another medicine for this problem and he will be rechecked soon. The problem with his digesting is in his small intestines and he will probably have to be on prescription food which will change very soon I suspect. Other than that is is doing great nothing for anyone to worry about and there is nothing for anyone to read into Saki still being with me. As they say Life is what happens when you make plans. Saki WILL get to Katie when the time is right. Katie has her hands full right now with the abandoned cats that she is trying to save and I completely understand that she needs to get that taken care of first. Meanwhile Saki is getting the best of vet care and foster mommy care that he could get. As Katie said when we are able to work out a date that is good for us both we will meet and Katie will get Saki.
Melissa

Reachoutrescue
02-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Thank you for the update Meliss and Katie. I have spoken with Katie, but so much has been happening on both ends that Saki is not brought up, or if he is, it is brief. I am glad he is doing well and I am sorry he is running your vet bill high. Thank you Melissa for taking such good care of the little cuddle bug. Please give him a big kiss and hug for me and tell him that his rescuer misses him!!