PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays 199 - Be My Valentine

catland
02-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Mario - will you be my valentine? I have a special drink in mind - a "Chocolate Valentine"

Creme de Cacao, dark 3/4 oz.
Vodka, vanilla 3/4 oz.
Carbonated Water/Club Soda 1 splash
Cherry Juice 1/2 oz.
Cream 1 splash

Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Strain into a large shot glass.

DrKym
02-14-2007, 07:23 PM
OHHHH a Valleyday bar? how great! uhhhh can I get anything with alcohol but don't let the nurses see! :eek:

Mario go distract them would ya love? Thanks! I owe you one! ;)

RICHARD
02-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Thank you for opening the bar, CL.

I made some roasted chicken and potatoes. Some garlic toast and a cesar salad..

Any takers? :D

Karen
02-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Sounds good - and of course, banana bread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=121846) for dessert - or breakfast, or just snacking, throughout!

And in honor of the same gentleman, Red Rose tea, please, with honey.

Lady's Human
02-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Preferable honey not too long from the hive.

RedHedd
02-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I'll have all of the above .... and chocolate! Lots and LOTS of chocolate! :p

cyber-sibes
02-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Whew!Finally dug out from our blizzard. Haven't been anywhere because it's been a Level 3 emergency. I am soooo tired of shoveling! Well, since my Valentine is 700 miles away in RI, I'll hang out here - you know, "If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the ones your with!" :D
I'll have chocolate anything, please, over here by this nice fire!
Here Mario, I brought you a bag of candy hearts. Hey now, stop throwing them at Lady!

Karen
02-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Preferable honey not too long from the hive.

Absolutely!

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-15-2007, 08:08 AM

Oooh that sounds very good. May I have some Richard?

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Sounds good - and of course, banana bread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=121846) for dessert - or breakfast, or just snacking, throughout!

And in honor of the same gentleman, Red Rose tea, please, with honey.

I don't know about the tea but here's my contribution of banana bread. Not uncle Mac's recipe but still good and moist.

RedHedd
02-15-2007, 11:18 AM
I propose a toast to celebrate the arrival of one of PT's own here in the beautiful City of St. Francis. Yes, Laurie is here and a bunch of PT'ers are going out to dinner with her Saturday night. Feel free to join us - just PM me for the details :D

RICHARD
02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I propose a toast to celebrate the arrival of one of PT's own here in the beautiful City of St. Francis. Yes, Laurie is here and a bunch of PT'ers are going out to dinner with her Saturday night. Feel free to join us - just PM me for the details :D

Have fun!

DONE!

REDD one order of AOTA!

DONE!
LOH,

Sure,
Are your health insurance premium's paid up? ;)

DONE!

Karen and LH,

Fresh honey?

Have the both of you been outside again?

I have been obsessing about the weather back east...I look for all the towns of the PTers... How do you all do it? :eek:

Honey, B-Brea, tea and a large plate of Vittles?

DONE?

CS,

Some aspirin and a choco drink?

DONE!

Dr. G?

Don't worry, I think we can fool the nurses!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Hot chocolate for me please!!! It's warmed up to a whopping 10 degrees now. Rumor has it, it will be in the 40s tomorrow and (are you all sitting down?) in the 50s next week.

I may faint from excitement - really!!!
I am so sick of this cold weather. We have been below normal temps for months now. I WANT TO BE NORMAL!!! :D

RICHARD
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Hot chocolate for me please!!! It's warmed up to a whopping 10 degrees now. Rumor has it, it will be in the 40s tomorrow and (are you all sitting down?) in the 50s next week.

I may faint from excitement - really!!!
I am so sick of this cold weather. We have been below normal temps for months now. I WANT TO BE NORMAL!!! :D

And how's about some Birthday Banana Bread too?

Happy B-day.!

DONE!

-----------------

Here's a joke I just read.

An American tourist in Scotland walks Up to a gent wearing a kilt.

"Excuse me, sir....But I have always heard different things about what is worn onder a kilt...."

The Scot take a second and replies,
"I assure you ma'am......There is NOTHING WORN under a kilt....

Everything is in perfect working order under there."

RedHedd
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry to brag but the weather is headed up to at least the high 60's here in S.F. :cool: Like Richard, I don't know how you peeps back East do it.

lvpets2002
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
:o Oh My this all sounds good & with banana bread on the side.. Could I please have some Hot Chocolate with some Baileys?? No Mario I did not say I wanted a Hot Monkey :rolleyes: I said Hot Chocolate.. Mario go to your Valentine Sweetie & be mannered & take off those Hot Pants from last week.. :p So ok Mario you can pamper your Valentine & by getting us both a plate of food..

Karen
02-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Karen and LH,

Fresh honey?

Have the both of you been outside again?

I have been obsessing about the weather back east...I look for all the towns of the PTers... How do you all do it? :eek:

Uncle Mac - he of the famous banana bread recipe - also kept bees, as did a couple other uncles, so we never had anything but fresh honey - or recently bottled - was always available. It just felt wrong the first time I bought honey from a store.

Outside is now cold - 20 degrees, but very windy - so "feels like 6 degrees" and evereything is covered with ice - at least an inch thick - over the snow from yesterday. Don'cha wanna come visit?

catland
02-15-2007, 01:19 PM
all that chocolate and honey and banana bread - it sure smells good in here.

Yikes to all that weather - I'll stay here on the wet coast with Richard and RedHedd - we have 52 degrees of liquid sunshine out my way.

LOL - just now I received an inquiry here at work about our contract with an HR software company called "PeopleTrak" - the person who sent me the message refered to them as "PT" - doesn't he know those initials are already taken?

sparks19
02-15-2007, 01:21 PM
well I can't have a Chocolate Valentine but i will settle for some Chocolate milk if you have any :D

But I will take some of that chicken and potatoes :D

smokey the elder
02-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm here at work babysitting a reaction, so I'll just take a hot cocoa with lots of whipped cream. Oh, and a piece of banana bread sounds good!

<groan> at the Scottish joke!

..."I don't know where you've been, my lad, but I see you won first prize!" :D

RICHARD
02-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm here at work babysitting a reaction, so I'll just take a hot cocoa with lots of whipped cream. Oh, and a piece of banana bread sounds good!

<groan> at the Scottish joke!

..."I don't know where you've been, my lad, but I see you won first prize!" :D

One choco and BB...

Hey, I just tell the jokes...

DONE!

S19,

Chocolate?

DONE!

Catland..
Please don't get the East Coasters mad at us! :eek:

Liquid Sunshine?

DONE!

Karen,

That is wrong...I get the feeling that it was home delivered? :D

LP,
One hot choco!

DONE!

I'll have the Orc pull some more wood....

Mario, Lady does not want to skate on the frozen hot tub....

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Sorry to brag but the weather is headed up to at least the high 60's here in S.F. :cool: Like Richard, I don't know how you peeps back East do it.

We wear a lot of layers. :D Out here where LH and I are in NY we got about 2 feet or so and lots of wind. The kids have been out of school for the past two days. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey Richard, can I have a hot chocolate too, please? I just made some beef stew. Any takers?

Lady come over here on the couch with me and keep my hip warm. :D

DrKym
02-15-2007, 07:30 PM
I am all for the Cocoa and the stew LOH, thanks so much!
after the gruel in the hospital I am famished!

Still dont understand why they hired a DJ and were dancing as I left? :confused:

ah the fire is wonderful and the couch is so much more comfy then that bed!

joycenalex
02-15-2007, 08:56 PM

ME! ME! ME! jumping up and down, waving hand.

joycenalex
02-15-2007, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD]

gloves, 2 pair socks, long johns, fleece shirt, boots, stadium lenght coat....do you remember the michillan man? kinda looks like me in the am as i'm shoveling the walk/driveway/mrs pollys/ drive and then scraping clear the car windows. may i have a hot tea please? i've a bit of a headache from all those tequila sunrises last week.

RICHARD
02-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey Richard, can I have a hot chocolate too, please? I just made some beef stew. Any takers?

Lady come over here on the couch with me and keep my hip warm. :D

Stew for chocolate?

I think we have a deal!

DONE!

Dr. G,

After a few decades working in a hospital, The only thing that was semi edible
was the stuff on the WHEEL OF DEATH.... aka the vending machines.

I'll pour and serve, if LOH don't mind!

DONE? :D

JNA.

My only worry is to have to go potty halfway thru.

LOh, has beef stew, too!

Um, Chicken Plate and a hot choco....

DONE!

T

wombat2u2004
02-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Richard........
Mate I'll have a cold beer if you don't mind. It's super hot here down under.
Wombat

Killearn Kitties
02-16-2007, 06:28 AM
I'm here at work babysitting a reaction,

How exciting!! Did anything happen? Tell us all!

The food sounds great this week, but hold the jokes Richard!

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Morning everyone. Well MJ is back in school today. She has all next week off for February vacation. Too much snow to shovel! At least two feet. Ugh! I'll get the fire this morning, now where is that remote? Mario are you hiding it again? I can't seem to find it. I don't want to go into the L+F by myself.
Richard? LH? somebody? I guess I'll just have to wait. I'll get some coffee going to go with the left over banana bread.

Killearn Kitties
02-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Well it's bound to be one of the guys that has the remote!

lbaker
02-16-2007, 12:01 PM
G'day all!! I finally was able to get a flight out of DC and have arrived in lovely and comparatively warm San Francisco, unlike many colleagues that were bumped and still haven't arrived. I'm exhausted and the real show hasn't even started yet. Really looking forward to dinner tomorrow night with PTers from the area. I've missed you guys, hope to chat more in the next few weeks when I get my goove back :rolleyes:

smokey the elder
02-16-2007, 12:15 PM
No exciting explosions out of the pilot plant...just a lot of lab tests. Oh, well, maybe next time... :p ;)

gini
02-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey everyone - it is FRIDAY...........FINALLY!

Mario - Lady - how are you? Where's Pua? O.K. - what have you done with Pua? You both are looking pretty guilty.

How about some Bailey's to go with my morning coffee?

RedHedd
02-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Laurie! It's good to finally hear that you made it safely to S.F. I was worried because of all the bad weather and not sure how the flights were, but you've landed. It's been so crazy at work that I haven't had time to check up on you until this morning. I'm SO looking forward to dinner tomorrow night.

The weather gods did a happy dance for your visit - they're predicting temps into the mid 70's for today and tomorrow. So how about a round of a sunny drink to celegrate Laurie's S.F. visit? :cool:

davidpizzica
02-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Gini, Bailey,s and coffee will work for me. I found the remote under one of the cushions on the sofa. Maybe the Bailey's will take away some of my rib pain (I hope!)

Killearn Kitties
02-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I'll have a sunny drink to celebrate Laurie's arrival! Have a great, great time girls! I wish I could join you. :D

gini
02-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Gini, Bailey,s and coffee will work for me. I found the remote under one of the cushions on the sofa. Maybe the Bailey's will take away some of my rib pain (I hope!)

David this reminds me of another story - a client of mine owns a large home in the Lake Tahoe area. He had invited another family with teenage sons to stay with them and to ski.

He walked into the living room and the television was just changing channels - no one was in the room. He looked around for the remote - and finally found it stuffed into the sofa with a piece of gum stuck on the channel change button.

He was not happy. Maybe he could have used a Bailey's too.

Let's hope you heal quickly David!

joycenalex
02-16-2007, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD]

JNA.

My only worry is to have to go potty halfway thru.

dear richard, you go before you put on the long johns.. :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey guys, good afternoon. Hope everyone is staying warm. I guess I'm opening the bar this afternoon. Let's see what to make for lunch. How about some home made chicken pot pie with baking powder biscuits.

lbaker
02-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Baking powder biscuits made with buttermilk?? Chicken pot pie?? Count me in... one ~ two ~ three

Lady's Human
02-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Afternoon, all.

I've been so wrapped up in work lately I haven't really had any time for anything else.

Hon, I'll take some of the chicken pot pie and biscuits, but I need a large Irish coffee. Help the meds speed along. :D

I'd say I need to find a hobby, but I think I just found one the other day....LOL

RedHedd
02-18-2007, 01:04 AM
Dinner tonight was PHUN! Laurie came dressed for the occasion:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/peb26663eb64359718118e4b0fbe479ed/eaa20cbd.jpg
What is Mario doing reading a Science magazine? :confused:

After dinner the ladies came over to meet the M's. Sorry no pics of that, but I did grab Mitzi and MADE her meet the girls. I know, mean meowmie. And then we ended up in the bedroom - the only room big enough in my apartment for everyone to fit comfortably. As you can see the ladies got very comfortable:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/pa7900701964f3310d17f9381a6647d1b/eaa20c89.jpg
Oops, first take wasn't too good. Here, this one's better - notice Woflady's new 'do ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/pb4301ae7313c61a25d0cd1d2e7feeb32/eaa20c88.jpg
and Laurie came bearing gifts for us gals: Sunflower seeds so we may continue to grow towards the sunlight and .... PNAS "pens." Well, she THOUGHT they were pens but after playing with mine for a while, I realized it's a pencil and I can't figure out how to get the lead to go back in :D What kind of PNAS is this? :p
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p33372de6d7fab8159f882cdb283d5d7c/eaa20cbe.jpg
A good time was had by all, Dinner was delicious and we laughed so much! Till we meet again .... Pet Talk peeps are the BEST! :cool:

Killearn Kitties
02-18-2007, 04:17 AM
It looks such fun! Pictures and everything - thanks for thinking of us! :D I just know that you had a great time.

I am so impressed by Mario's studying. I mean hanging around in bars is all very well, but a good education is SO important!

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Here LH, here's a large Irish to help those meds along. Hope everyone is having a good President's Day.

DrKym
02-19-2007, 09:01 AM
LOH I will also take an Irish coffee this AM, Jas missed the bus into work so he is underfoot all day :rolleyes: . telecommuting........

So much for my day of the house to myself!LOL. So I will start with the coffe, have a 3 martini lunch......(lunch being the olives in the martinis ;) )

davidpizzica
02-19-2007, 10:09 AM
I'll join you, Kym. I'll have an Irish coffee, too. I cant wait to get OUT of the house!

DrKym
02-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Well pull up a wing chair and we will lament together!, I cant leave either after just getting home from the hospital, and I was SOOOOOOO looking forward to 8 hours of the house all to myself!

SIGH

davidpizzica
02-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Well pull up a wing chair and we will lament together!, I cant leave either after just getting home from the hospital, and I was SOOOOOOO looking forward to 8 hours of the house all to myself!

SIGH
Kym, hopefully when I have a good report from the doctor tomorow morning that my ribs have healed good enough drive, I'll get a rental car and I can actually see that there is a world outside these four walls!

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Irish coffees all around.

DONE!

I think I'll have one two to start off my day. Any other takers?

lvpets2002
02-21-2007, 09:46 AM
:) Oh yes Irish Coffee for me please.. This morning is a :eek: dooser already..

davidpizzica
02-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Irish coffee here, too! I'm getting my rental set of wheels today.