PDA

View Full Version : Oh, what a day! :)

Glacier
02-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Today started out perfectly normal--tired, cranky, tripping over dogs at 6am! I am not a morning person, my best mornings start like that! Dreaded going to work today--my first day in the office since our new computer system went live. It's actually working better than expected and I'm sure in a few months once we know what the heck we are doing and all the little bugs are fixed, it'll be a great tool.

Fast forward to morning coffee break...go to get a decent coffee from the shop across the street. I had to search for a pair of sunglasses! First time since October it's been bright enough to need shades!!! That alone was enough to make my day but it got better!

This afternoon, Stuart calls asking what was the name of the camera I said I wanted. I have been researching DSLR's for months and finally decided on one! He was flipping through a paper from last week and saw an ad from the local camera place with the one I wanted on sale! Not a great sale price, but still on sale enough that I could get a bigger memory card! I probably could have got it cheaper on line, but the local store has been very good to me over the years and I prefer to give him my money! I just got back to my office from purchasing a Nikon D-80!! It's now sitting in it's purrty black box on my desk, taunting me.

Seriously, that wasn't even the best part of my day! I ran home on my lunch break to let Anvik out for a pee break. He's still on crate rest, but he is doing much better! I checked the mail on my way back to town and there was a package from my Mom. Tons of pictures of my nieces. I adore those kids! And a card with kitties on it from my Mom. I come from a family that is not physically or verbally affectionate, but we write a good note! After the usual pleasantries and news from Saskatchewan, she wrote something about our critter pack and said.."I could not handle the heartbreak of the way you have chosen to live your life, but I am thrilled to see my daughter find her calling. We are extremely proud of you."

Ever tried explaining to your assistant that you're not sad despite the fact that you are sitting at your desk in tears? She thinks I'm nuts!

DrKym
02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
LES here too! what a great day! Your day and your sharing it made mine so much nicer! Thanks! Big hugs to ALL of you! (ya know you should be proud of ya too! you are a pretty amazing person!) :D

just my thoughts!

Kym

Laura's Babies
02-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Wonderful day it sounds like! Happy! Happy! Happy!

ramanth
02-13-2007, 08:03 PM
What a wonderful day and you completely deserved it!! :D

I can't wait to see your photos now. ;)

Cinder & Smoke
02-13-2007, 08:03 PM
:)

Stuart calls asking what was the name of the camera I said I wanted...
He ... saw an ad from the local camera place with the one I wanted on sale!

Ho-Boy! :D
Good on ole FurryFace!!
THAT otta be worth a few *Points*!
;)

And a card with kitties on it from my Mom.
"I am thrilled to see my daughter find her calling.
We are extremely proud of you."

You can ALWAYS count on Your Mom!
:D

Bengalz
02-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Tamara,

Your post put the hugest smile on my face :D Always remember that "good things come to good people" and you are one of the Best :D

P.S. You're gonna LOVE (repeat LOVE) that camera. My husband is a professional photographer and always has the latest and greatest Nikon on the market - the D-80 is a mighty fine piece of equipment. Now - go out and play - you deserve it :D

Betty

Ginger's Mom
02-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear you had such a good day. You deserve one of those at least once a week. :)

finn's mom
02-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Moms are wonderful.

K9karen
02-14-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm not your mom but I'M so proud of you! I think you are truly amazing, Tamara, juggling all the dogs, and all their personalities and illnesses and work...and still taking time to enjoy sledding. Not many people "find their callings" in their lifetime. I'm glad you did. You deserve only the best!

captain
02-14-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm not your mom but I'M so proud of you! I think you are truly amazing, Tamara, juggling all the dogs, and all their personalities and illnesses and work...and still taking time to enjoy sledding. Not many people "find their callings" in their lifetime. I'm glad you did. You deserve only the best!

Once again, I could not say that better.
Tamara, you know how in awe of you I am, taking care of so many dogs ........... and the best part is that you love it so .....:D

Pawsitive Thinking
02-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Oh wow!!!

Killearn Kitties
02-14-2007, 07:18 AM
What a wonderful day! :D Enjoy every second of a day like this. You are an amazing person, and you thoroughly deserve it. :D

Glacier
02-14-2007, 10:29 AM

Ho-Boy! :D
Good on ole FurryFace!!
THAT otta be worth a few *Points*!
;)

Could have been huge points if he had paid for it too! But he did come home with flowers last night. First time in the decade we've been together that he's done anything for V-day! That was big points!!!

JenBKR
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
((((hugs)))) sounds like a pretty terrific day!

gini
02-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm not your Mom - or your hubby - but I have always thought you were THE BEST!

Happy Valentine's Day to a very special lady!

lizbud
02-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a perfect day. No one deserves it more. :)

cyber-sibes
02-14-2007, 01:28 PM
:D What a great day! You do lead an extrodinary life, and not one many people could handle as well. Even though weve never met face to face, I'm proud to know you! I cant tell you how many times I've started a conversation with "I know this woman in the Yukon who has 23 huskies, and ....." Can't wait to see the new pics. Extra ear rubs to Anvik for being a good boy for his mom today!

Cinder & Smoke
02-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Could have been huge points if he had paid for it too!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif
I was thinkin that, too ... http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif
Oh well; one missed opportunity isn't the end of the world ...

But *LOOKIT* what happened next >>>

But he did come home with flowers last night.
First time in the decade we've been together that he's done anything for V-day!

That was big points!!!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Whttp://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gifW!

Way to GO, STUART!! ... There's HOPE for that boy yet!!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

pitc9
02-14-2007, 04:01 PM
:D
You should be proud of yourself! :D