PDA

View Full Version : Robin Settles In

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Robin is settling in nicely, so I was able to get some more pics and a few videos.

Here she is in her favorite hidey hole. She spends a lot of time in here, but as she learns to trust us more she is coming out more and more often and spending more time out. But she still runs her for safety when she hears a loud noise or something scares her.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p64d661623d3b1554fb17cff088fc1f75/eaaef1bd.jpg

Another one of her sweet face.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p8d104ca6555f30d3f2f5fc9aea43c9c2/eaaef1a8.jpg

Here she is getting some lovin's from her daddy. They have definitely bonded and she is definitely a daddy's girl already. :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p247369c82bb887d8cf2bd36c595285fd/eaaef197.jpg

More lovin's from daddy showing more of her colors. If you look in the mirror in both these pics, you can see more of her colors and her fluffy tail too.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p52c7ecce2bbad358c2e7d44fdaa79f88/eaaef176.jpg

Such a sweet girl.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p4c7c8b4571d75f07fdcb5e5243d78873/eaaef147.jpg

CJ is such a goofball. Since Robin has her hidey hole, he wanted me to open up the other cupboard so he could have a hidey hole too. Sometimes they just spend time in their respective hidey holes, just watching each other to see who's going to make the first move.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p5ee1b83597c00755d34f462047960e96/eaaeeddd.jpg

Here she was playing with some of her catnip balls when she did the flop and roll. She does this sometimes when she's laying on Terry in the evenings while we're watching TV and it's just too durn adorable. If I move to get the camera though, she moves and spoils it so I haven't gotten any pics of that....yet.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p761b5d4846274241bc2289d8a7923e65/eaaeedb2.jpg

She sometimes gets a little nippy when she's over stimulated, which is easy for us to do since she's not used to much stimulation at all. Here you can see she's giving me "the sign" meaning "Watch out!", but I like the pic because it really shows her unbelievable toe tufties!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/p3018a2c691f175b2d6f8ab463f21baf3/eaaeed9f.jpg

This is Tubby's old bed/carpet condom. As she becomes more familiar with us and is feeling safer, she is spending more and more time here instead of in her hidey hole. She also likes it because it's a good place to accumulate catnip balls.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/pdd62ec85b0465c420761bd11fcbd5a59/eaaeed84.jpg

That's all the pics for now, but I'm also attaching 3 videos. The first is her getting lovin's from her daddy, the second is her playing and the third is a little encounter with CJ.

Hope you enjoy!

Dorothy39
02-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh My Gosh , Robin is Beautiful, just look at her fluffy tail!!!

I like the words you use ~ Toe Tufties~ That's Sweet, and OHHH, So is She!!!

She is gently unfolding, right in front of your eyes, and ours too!!!!!!

Such a Beauty!!!!!! Thanks for Sharing her with us!!

jazzcat
02-13-2007, 03:09 PM
OMG, she is gorgeous!!!! I love that long gorgeous white ruff and her extremely furry paws!

The videos are so cute. I especially love the one of her playing.

Looks like she and CJ are doing well. Neither seems to upset seeing the other and I bet they will be playing together soon.

ChrisH
02-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Oh, my, she is so beautiful. It's so lovely to see how well she has settled in.

Great pictures Debbie, loved the videos too.

lvpets2002
02-13-2007, 03:21 PM
;) OMG she is so Adorable & Breathtaken.. Welcome Robin & so glad for your new furrpurr ever home..

Randi
02-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh, I've been waiting for this! She is just so adorable, and you can tell how much she enjoys being with you. :) And yes, she really seems to be a daddy's girl.

I love the pictures - and the videos was very interesting and fun to see, especially the last, where she's trying to figure out whether CJ is dangerous or not :D and CJ not quite sure if he'll get a swat, as he used to with Peanut.

You certainly found the right girl! :)

RedHedd
02-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Toe tufties? My goodness, that girl has floofy feet! :D She's SO fluffy (and very cute). I love the pic of the two of them in their separate hidey-holes, eyes aglow - too cute! :)

Laura's Babies
02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow! She takes my breath everytime I see her and those toe tuffs just stole my breath away! WOW! Her beauty in pictures is something to behold, I can only imagine how she REALLY looks in person.. WHAT A BEAUTY!!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
02-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Wow!! what a pretty girl you are Robin :) Like everyone else , I think those toe tufties are so cute!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

catmandu
02-13-2007, 05:06 PM
The Tubby Angels And Peanut Angel Are Arranging For Robin And Cracker Jack To Have A Seat Together At The Kona Village Luau.
They Hope That Breaks The Ice, And Those Cats Become A Pet Talk Dynamic Duo.

Edwina's Secretary
02-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Each in their "separate but equal" hidey hole. Something the E's would do. So cute! :D :D :D

orangemm
02-13-2007, 05:12 PM
What a gorgeous little girl! LOVE her little slippers!!

Don't worry, she already feels at home, I just know it.

kimlovescats
02-13-2007, 05:38 PM
She is GORGEOUS and I love her hairy toes!!!
I can't play your videos. Windows Media Player opens but says it is missing a codec. Which program did you use to make the movies? I thought the .wmv extension was right for Windows Media Player. :confused:

Catsnclay
02-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Wow! She takes my breath everytime I see her and those toe tuffs just stole my breath away! WOW! Her beauty in pictures is something to behold, I can only imagine how she REALLY looks in person.. WHAT A BEAUTY!!

Are you still in Arizona????

Can we PLEEEEEASE meet Miss Robin???!!!!

catlover4ever
02-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Debbie and Terry, I am so happy that Robin is starting to fit right in and is becoming more trusting.

I love her tail (reminds me of Abner's tail) and her colors/markings and her eyes are spectacular. :)

kb2yjx
02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Miss Robin is certainly a beauty!!! Love her colours!!!

Bengalz
02-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh Robin you are amazing :D Such a beautiful girl - love your gorgeous tail, all fluffy and grand and those toesies are just to die for :D Isn't it wonderful to have your very own home and family to love!

Debbie, she is a beauty and she will soon be very comfortable, I'm sure. That lovely tail standing straight up suggests to me she is one happy kitty :) CJ must be smitten :D he's been surrounded by gorgeous ladies - no wonder he's such a gentleman ;) I'm so happy for all of you - don't you love it when things work out just right :)

Course you know that we'll all be expecting regular updates and you wouldn't even think about depriving us now :p Thanks for sharing your adorable kids with us :)

Betty

catnapper
02-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh Debbie, I can tell what a gem she is just by the photos. I will watch the videos later when I have some free time. I LOVE those toe tufts! :D

jennielynn1970
02-13-2007, 09:31 PM
This is Tubby's old bed/carpet condom. As she becomes more familiar with us and is feeling safer, she is spending more and more time here instead of in her hidey hole. She also likes it because it's a good place to accumulate catnip balls.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid224/pdd62ec85b0465c420761bd11fcbd5a59/eaaeed84.jpg

Ok, so I work with teenagers way too much, and I guess I watched Beavis and Butthead way too much as a teen myself, but I read the first sentence and about peed my pants, lol. Sorry!!! It's been that kind of week... (you try practically setting your school on fire with a microwave, having the entire citiy's fire department come and the entire school of 1300 evacuated because of a stupid little microwave... it's my luck! )

krazyaboutkatz
02-14-2007, 01:17 AM
Debbie, Robin sure is a gorgeous girl and I'm so glad that she's settling in so well. It looks like she's lived with you for years.:) I also love her fluffy tail and long toe tufts.:)

Barbara
02-14-2007, 03:22 AM
Robin looks so happy and content- she knows her boring life has changed for the better :)
And I'm glad Terry has a girl again ;)

jenluckenbach
02-14-2007, 06:14 AM
Robin is wonderful.

momcat
02-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Robin is such a beauty! She looks so fluffy, warm, and soft... a real little snuggle bug. How fortunate for Robin that you found each other and she's in the very best furever home around. Please give her some scritchies, smoochies, and tummy rubs from me? And CJ too?!?

ramanth
02-14-2007, 07:58 AM
She is such a doll! I love those toe tuffs. :D

I can't see the videos though. :(

critter crazy
02-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Robin is such a beauty!!!:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone.

They had their first "encounter" last night. We got home a little late and they were both out and happy to see us. CJ was running around like a little goofball as usual. Robin was in the living room and got spooked and turned tail for the bedroom and the safety of her hidey hole. Unfortunately CJ was in the hallway so she had to stop, hiss, throw a few swats then daddy stepped in and broke it up. CJ hissed at her, but only after she hissed and swatted at him.

So, things are still moving along nicely since a few confrontations are to be expected, and I think they handled this one quite well. :)

Oh, about the video. Interestingly enough, I could view it on my computer - I have IE7 - and I could NOT view it on Terry's computer - he has IE6. I'm not sure what that means, but maybe there is an update for Windows Media Viewer out there. :confused:

rg_girlca
02-14-2007, 04:01 PM
WOW!!! What a beauty Robin is. Such lovely colors and markings and those toe tufts are to die for. :)

I really enjoyed watching the video of her getting her lovies. Too adorable and the one of her playing is so darn cute. :D

Cinder & Smoke
02-14-2007, 04:37 PM
They had their first "encounter" last night.

Unfortunately CJ was in the hallway so she had to stop, hiss, throw a few swats
then daddy stepped in and broke it up.
CJ hissed at her, but only after she hissed and swatted at him.

:rolleyes:

Oh well ...

Maybe you should issue Hall Passes.

No blood, No harm, No foul ... Life marches on.

:D

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2007, 05:12 PM
A little hiss....a little swat...around here that is just cat talk for.....

Hey bro....I sure am excited! And you are there.

Sounds like Robin speaks the same language as Edwina. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vermontcat
02-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Robin is just beautiful! :D
I love her pretty colors and her floofy tail and tufty toesies! :)
If she lets you give hugs or kisses, can you give her a couple from me?

Bengalz
02-14-2007, 07:00 PM
:rolleyes:

Oh well ...

Maybe you should issue Hall Passes.

No blood, No harm, No foul ... Life marches on.

:D

So ... your new retirement job - HALL MONITOR :p -- who knew :D At least our furbabies keep us fit - there's value in that ;)

Hugs to the kids,
Betty

moosmom
02-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Terry & Deb,

She is absolutely beautiful!!! I haven't been around much lately because of my computer problems, so I really had no idea you adopted another puddy. Glad to hear Robin is settling in nicely!