PDA

View Full Version : winter storm in Pittsburgh

davidpizzica
02-13-2007, 05:40 AM
It's a major*winter storm in Pittsburgh. We're expecting 5 to 10" of snow over today and tomorrow. Some snow may change to freezing rain. One advantage in not having a car right now is you don't have to drive in this stuff, you don't worry about cleaning the car off, or any of this snow related stuff. let it snow!

borzoimom
02-13-2007, 05:43 AM
"let it snow- let it snow- let it snow!! "... lol.

Dorothy39
02-13-2007, 05:45 AM
Yeah, I've seen the latest Storm Warnings posted for Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania on our local TV stations.

We might be lucky and only receive 2"-4" from this storm, but of course, we'll get the wind and the blowing fluff~~~ :o

Yeah, Now you can really say *** "Let it Snow" ***

(This might have been a good time to test drive that TANK!!!)

Pam
02-13-2007, 05:51 AM
The storm is tracking in my direction as well but we are probably going to get more ice than snow here south of Philadelphia. Personally I will take snow over ice any day!

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Oh i want some snow so bad!!!!

We never get any snow here. It will be cold enough to snow for weeks and as soon as some percipitation comes through a warm front comes through ahead of it and all we get is rain rain rain!

Oh well have fun in the snow!

catnapper
02-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Yup, we have nearly the same forecast, but a few inches less snow. Its already started to snow. I am so stinking excited! I can't wait for snow!!!!

pitc9
02-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Yipppeee!!
We're expecting up to 20 inches by the end of the day tomorrow!!
BRING IT ON!!!!
:D

JenBKR
02-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Roads were a little rough this morning, and oh boy is it coming down now :eek: It's a whiteout! Might have to have hubby pick me up at work.

JenBKR
02-13-2007, 09:04 AM
I just got the news that if it gets too bad out we get to leave work early! SNOW BABY, SNOW!!! :D

TFTpwnsYou
02-13-2007, 09:08 AM
It's a major*winter storm in Pittsburgh. We're expecting 5 to 10" of snow over today and tomorrow. Some snow may change to freezing rain. One advantage in not having a car right now is you don't have to drive in this stuff, you don't worry about cleaning the car off, or any of this snow related stuff. let it snow!

Well neighbor I'm right there with ya! I woke up and all I saw was white. I was surprised the forcast was right. The dogs were not too thrilled with all this white stuff either...lol. But I guess I get to stay in today, so there's a little on the plus side.

angelbow20
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Its already snowing here where I live in Pennsylvania. In a way im a bit upset though, b/c people will be calling off work, my son wont leave me alone until he is out in the snow for hours of playing and I hate being cold but will have to be out there with him, and I have to drive to the philly airport very extra early saturday and im afraid that the snow will still be bad :confused: But it is pretty to watch come down.

borzoimom
02-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Well neighbor I'm right there with ya! I woke up and all I saw was white. I was surprised the forcast was right. The dogs were not too thrilled with all this white stuff either...lol. But I guess I get to stay in today, so there's a little on the plus side.
Next time- you will listen to my knee... lol.. TOLD YA SO.. NANNER NANNER NANNER... LOL.. ;)

TFTpwnsYou
02-13-2007, 09:36 AM
LOL! I told you to keep the snow!....lol. I'll give it back to you if you want it. :)

angelbow20
02-13-2007, 09:39 AM
my knee caps are actually killing me! but I dont have any problems with my legs... wonder if it has to to with the snow coming also?

pitc9
02-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I just got the news that if it gets too bad out we get to leave work early! SNOW BABY, SNOW!!! :D

Lucky Duck!!
Where I am, in the heart of the snow belt, 18-20 inches of snow isn't enough to close anything down or go home early :(
It just means my normal 15 min. drive home will be more like a hour today!
But then I get to go home and play in the snow with my Pups! :D
My parents have been in Floridia all week and started heading home yesterday (they only made it to Atlanta yesterday... they're retired and can lolly gag all they want)
I called them today and told them they may want to find somewhere nice to stay for a day or 2 before trying to head home to North East Ohio.

lizbud
02-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Indy has about 6 inches so far & it's still snowing. I really got a laugh
from the pups this morning going for their first potty trip. They walked so
funny in the snow. It's pretty deep already. :)

The siding people delivered the new siding for the house yesterday. It's all
stacked in the backyard covered in snow. :rolleyes:

Trinityagain
02-13-2007, 11:49 AM
David,

I work at Pitt and we were just told we can bail out if we feel it is necessary...I'm bailing! It is an hour commute in good weather so I'm gonna start now...wish me luck!

TFTpwnsYou
02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
This is what it looks like where I'm at. And it's still snowing!!!

Street View
http://i13.tinypic.com/2eg5jd5.jpg

Middle of Yard
http://i16.tinypic.com/2n7dvk8.jpg

Back of Yard
http://i5.tinypic.com/3338k6r.jpg

And my poor car
http://i15.tinypic.com/4d1zhhx.jpg

Sun, where are you????? lol.

borzoimom
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh poor Greta!!! Make a path for beacon and pippers.. .

lvpets2002
02-13-2007, 12:24 PM
:eek: You better stay warm David & snuggle with your furr purr babies.. Oh do you think you could send me just a little bit of that Snow.. :D If its going to be cold here I would at least like to look at some snow.. :p

Daisy and Delilah
02-13-2007, 12:32 PM
We don't even have sun down here. We're expecting severe storms. Heavy rain and possible tornadoes again :( I'm hoping for the best.

Those snow pics are beautiful. I hope you don't get too much. :)

cassiesmom
02-13-2007, 03:29 PM
reporting in from Chicago ... major storm here too with lots of wind ... they're predicting up to 6 inches of snow, but that's not the problem so much as blowing. Office closed early due to weather, which is very rare.

TFTpwnsYou
02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I think it's getting a little better here now. It went from snow to sleet, and now there is a mix of rain and sleet. The sun will come out tomorrow....tomorrow....I sure hope it comes out....lol.

Queen of Poop
02-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Florida folks, take cover and take care. NE folks, bundle up, get the shovels ready.

It has been snowing here for a week now and I am sick of it. I shovel every day twice a day. We've had more snow this month so far than we usually get the whole month. And looking outside, it's still snowing!! I feel really bad for Sasha though, the snow in the back yard is up to her belly!!

Sirrahsim
02-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm so jealous of your snow :( :( Here it is 37 degrees and VERY windy but the only snow predicted is a 30% chance of light snow flurries :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Stay safe and warm everyone :)

borzoimom
02-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Thank goodness we had some snow first under it- but the ice is so thick you can walk on the snow - on TOP of the ice.. Hottie was the only one that didnt trip. ( next time we go out is one at a time on a flexi).. Femka one foot went in tripping her to her face, Zubin slid feet out from under him, to his side- Galina thought that was great fun and tripped over zubin. All 4 could walk on the ice- .. Jeez! 4 100 pound dogs walking on top of the ice.. My steps weren't sinking either.. Going to be a long day.

davidpizzica
02-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Thank goodness we had some snow first under it- but the ice is so thick you can walk on the snow - on TOP of the ice.. Hottie was the only one that didnt trip. ( next time we go out is one at a time on a flexi).. Femka one foot went in tripping her to her face, Zubin slid feet out from under him, to his side- Galina thought that was great fun and tripped over zubin. All 4 could walk on the ice- .. Jeez! 4 100 pound dogs walking on top of the ice.. My steps were sinking either.. Going to be a long day.
Borzoimom, this morning Pittsburgh is almost paralyzed in ice. A 1/4 of an inch is is covering everything, including cars, roads, power lines. All the tv and radio stations are urging everone to stay indoors. A MESS!

borzoimom
02-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Borzoimom, this morning Pittsburgh is almost paralyzed in ice. A 1/4 of an inch is is covering everything, including cars, roads, power lines. All the tv and radio stations are urging everone to stay indoors. A MESS!
Yea- we got 1/2 inch to an inch up here.. Its a royal mess. I have no clue how I am going to do the dogs in this. I am 20 pounds heavier than the average weight of my dogs- and my feet can walk on top too. Aww- life in the mountains..
I am going to try to convince them to go under the deck- its not as bad- but not to sure if Hottie will cooperate.. He thinks that space is off limits.. hmmm - I am going to regret today teaching that one for sure!(/edit- the last picture is the screen porch- incased in ice you cant see out.. )

Laura's Babies
02-14-2007, 09:10 AM
My hats are off to all of you who can live where it snows like that and take that freezing weather! I don't know how you do it! My bones would be hurting so bad that I would be in bed all day trying to get them warm. My body just can not take that kind of cold weather, it never could, even when I was a youngster.

That snow is beautiful and I love looking at the pictures of it... that is as close as I want to get to it though. :rolleyes:

angelbow20
02-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Its soooo bad here right now... All night I was waking up beacue the ice was coming down so loud and now its back to snowing like crazy. everything is covered and my poor dogs and slipping, falling and the snow is up to the puppys belly.

TFTpwnsYou
02-14-2007, 10:34 AM
My hats are off to all of you who can live where it snows like that and take that freezing weather! I don't know how you do it! My bones would be hurting so bad that I would be in bed all day trying to get them warm. My body just can not take that kind of cold weather, it never could, even when I was a youngster.

That snow is beautiful and I love looking at the pictures of it... that is as close as I want to get to it though. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the hats off!...lol. It's not bad for me, although I'd rather be in negative temps. and no snow than in the teens with snow. That white stuff is no fun when it keeps you from work....lol. Ahhhh to only be a kid again.