front yard and we went over to help save the animal. He's very
friendly and laid-back even in his sorry state. I can only assume it
to be male.

Its face needs some medical attention and we are going to take it to
the vets in the morning but we need a home for it ASAP or even a
foster home, as we already have five strays of our own in our
one-bedroom apt.

Please help, we are willing to help pay for the cost of cat litter and
food if you are able to keep him in a spare bedroom for now.

Thank you,

Melissa

Laura's Babies
02-12-2007, 08:08 PM
That poor baby!!!! I am to far away to offer anything but prayers...

Catty1
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Awww...that meowing face just breaks my heart! Is he friendly with you, or still a little freaked out? Is he able to eat?

I hope your note here and a post on State College will help find his furrever home!

Bless you for taking him in!

Anikaca77
02-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Well he seems to be very friendly but I don't want to take him out of the cage until we get him to a vets and see what else might be wrong with him.

As far as we know, he has a face injury and a paw injury but as for anything else I'm not too sure.

He is able to eat that's how our friends were able to get him because he was hungry.

Awww...that meowing face just breaks my heart! Is he friendly with you, or still a little freaked out? Is he able to eat?

I hope your note here and a post on State College will help find his furrever home!

Bless you for taking him in!

catnapper
02-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Poor baby. I wish I could take a foster but can't at the moment.

PS: I think its a female but can't tell from the photos if its a reflection or not.... is there little splotches of ornage among the grey? If so, she's definately a she.

rg_girlca
02-12-2007, 10:13 PM
AWWWW poor boy. I hope his injuries aren't too serious.

Prayers on the way that he will be okay and that you are able to find someone to adopt or foster him.

Prayers on the way for this sweet boy.

Bless you for helping him.

Anikaca77
02-13-2007, 03:07 AM
I found a sweet women to take him. She lives in Altoona and she has rescued cats before.

She has a big house and she is such a blessing.

Thank you all for your prays, please continue.

jazzcat
02-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Oh poor kitty! I'm so glad you've found someone to take him/her in.

Reachoutrescue
02-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh, the poor guy. I am glad he is going to a foster home. If I were closer, I would help. I hope he is okay and gets the medical help he needs.

Medusa
02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm so relieved that you found a home for him. Injured cats seem to make their way to my door and I was stressing, wondering how to get him here until I could find him a permanent home. Glad it worked out cuz I really have my hands full here.

Blessings,
Mary

catmandu
02-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Thats Wonderful That That Poor Cat Now Has Found Hope For A Furr Ever Home.
And That He Has Hope For The Future.
We Are Praying That He Will Be All Right, And His Injuries Arent Serious.

Anikaca77
02-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Well I took him to the vets yesterday and she gave him some antibotic and he's looking much better today.

He's very friendly, although he hates staying in his cage right now but it's only because I don't want him spraying everywhere.

He is using the litter box so that's great. Also I had him FIV/combo tested and he's neg. so that was a big relief.

Well that's the update for now.

moosmom
02-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Anikaca,

Great job, girl!!! Glad to hear that lady is taking him in.

Anikaca77
02-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Well Joey is soon off to his new home. I can't be there because I have to be at work. My fiance is at home though.

I said bye to him at lunch, I'm going to miss him. He was so fun to feed because he hated going into his crate and if you nudge him he would meow and eat at the same time.

-Melissa