PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request -Update with Video

Cincy'sMom
02-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I'd like to ask for prayer for a friend of mine. She works out of our Georgia office, and over the weekend, a fire destroyed her home. She and her husband were not home at the time, so they were uninjured, but they lost their 2 cats, and their dog a ~1 yr old Chocolate lab, blind since birth, is in intensive care at the vet's office. The dog is basically in an oxygen tent, with severe damage to her lungs. Of course, all their possessions were detroyed as well.

Thanks for the thoughts!

dukedogsmom
02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
That is so very sad, all the way around. I'm so sorry. Do you think a bank could set up a fund for them? I'd be more than happy to do that or to help of the vet bill.

kimlovescats
02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Praying for this family! :(

Catty1
02-12-2007, 07:43 PM
OMG - those poor people. The poor animals...I hope they didn't suffer, but that is a weak hope...

I trust the pup is being kept on painkillers...

PRAYERS going to them all

chocolatepuppy
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh how horrible. :( One of a pet owners worst fears. I will keep your friend and her husband in my prayers as well as many prayers for that poor Lab. :( Rest in Peace kittys.

Cinder & Smoke
02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi God ~

Got a minnit?
Kan You *zip* down to Georgia an sit in wiffa LilLab inna Hoppsbittle?
She got injured whenna house burned.

And sent some Comfort to her Mom & Dad - they also lost da Kitties inna fire. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif
We know You'll help em fix da house - but we think they're prolly more wurried
bout da Pup!

We've got da Kandils Burnin inna window.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Laura's Babies
02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Awww! Poor doggie. Prayers sent for the pooch. Rest in peace little kitties.

Freedom
02-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Aw, I get chills when I hear these things. Swear I'm taking all of them with me each time I go out (NOT!). Too sad.

Hey, don't know the details for your friend, but this happened in Dec 2005, 9 houses away from me. The family woke up at 2 AM house on fire, all the people got out. The firefighters found one cat, tried the pet oxygen mask, but no go. Never found the second cat. About 4 days later, the lady went through the house with her insurance adjuster, and there was cat pee and poop in what used to be her bedroom! Took 3 weeks to coax the cat out, she was hiding in the walls, no idea how she survived, we had a deep freeze at that time. Woman went daily, left food out, and water. Finally, once the adjuster said he was done, she went in with a hammer and 2 other folks, and literally tore the wall apart to get the cat out. Poor thing was so scared, dirty as heck (an all white cat, wouldn't you know?). Spent 48 hours at the vet, the insurance co paid for the vet to do the bathing, clean up, health care etc. By this time the family was in an apartment, no longer in the red cross hotel suite. Took the cat home, ppor thing refused to leave their laps for WEEKS afterwards.

The vet said the cat probably left the house during the fire and returned after all the commotion was done with.

Anyway, point is, unless the firefighters found them, they "may" still be there.

Cincy'sMom
02-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone.

Val, I don't know about any banks funds or anything. I know in addition to our company doing something, they are have also opened it up for associates to make donations through our HR department.

Freedom, One cat was found. The other had not been yet, so maybe there is still hope for it.

Daisy and Delilah
02-12-2007, 10:48 PM
OMG!!!! My thoughts and prayers go out to this family(skin and fur). What a nightmare!!
{{{{{GIANT HUGS OF HOPE}}}}} :(

borzoimom
02-13-2007, 06:56 AM
In prayers for sure! I am glad they found one of the cats, and that they have set up a fund through the company.
This story is really scary...

pitc9
02-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Prayers on the way for sure....
Oh how sad!!
I hope the pup pulls through.

Cincy'sMom
02-13-2007, 07:51 AM
In prayers for sure! I am glad they found one of the cats, and that they have set up a fund through the company.
This story is really scary...

Maybe I didn't explain that well...they found the body of the cat. They are assuming both were killed, but the 2nd body has not been found.

borzoimom
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Maybe I didn't explain that well...they found the body of the cat. They are assuming both were killed, but the 2nd body has not been found.
Oh- I am so sorry to hear that..

ramanth
02-13-2007, 09:00 AM
I am so sorry for that family. To lose your home as well as precious fur kids. :( :( :(

Many prayers that their Lab makes it.

lizbud
02-13-2007, 12:48 PM
What a terrible thing to have happen.Those poor people. :( It would be
a nightmare for sure. Whenever people start feeling sorry for themselves
with small everyday things, they should remember people like this who have
lost everything dear to them. :( Prayers for this family.

Cincy'sMom
02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
I talked to one of the people down in our Georgia office today. The dog is off oxygen, although still under vet's care. Sheri and her husband are staying with friend's right now, but she was meeting with the Insurance today and they are expecting to be put up in an Extended Stay hotel or appartment soon.

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers.

dukedogsmom
02-13-2007, 05:59 PM
So great to hear a little good news from that.

catlover4ever
02-13-2007, 06:11 PM
That is absolutely my worst nightmare.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and family. :(

Cincy'sMom
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I talked to Sherri today. Silke is home from the vets and at their friend's with them. He is doing really well, although he got into some Posion Oak or something and now his eyes are all itchy! Poor thing!!

This is a video link to the newscast from the night of the fire. The man holding the dog is a friend of the family.

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cTOtg0vsHY)