PDA

View Full Version : How did you meet your best friend?

Toby's my baby
02-12-2007, 07:11 PM
We were talking about how we met our best friends today, where, from another person, or just randomly... how did you meet yours?? - not segnifigant others please - ;)

-------

I switched schools this year, so didn't know hardly anybody except my boyfriend at the school. I haven't never got along with other females that much, they usually cause too much drama and talk about each other too much, it just drives me crazy. Being a twin, me and my sister got stopped in the hallways a lot to "get compared" and see if people could tell us apart. Well, there was this other set of twins too, a year older than us. The one girl was good friends with my boyfriend (which i didn't know at the time) and they talked a lot, and whenever I was with him, she would always come and talk to him and it drove me crazy!! There came a time when I actually thought he had cheated on me with her or he liked her or something. I found out that they were really close friends, and that she, like me, didn't get along well with other girls either. Ever since we were introduced to eachother, we have been great friends. I introduced her to the guy she is dating now, so it is a lot of fun for the four of us (me and my boyfriend, and her and her boyfriend) to hang out, because we are all really good friends. It's hard to believe that I really didn't like her at one time, because I thought she had a thing for my boyfriend. :p :o lol

Kfamr
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I met my best friend, Zographia, in school about 5 years ago. She was in my pottery class and we were both incredibly shy. Naturally, we kind of grouped together in class because we were too shy to talk to anyone else. We ended up sitting together during lunch, class, etc.

Now we call eachother almost every night and hang out as much as our scheduals permit.

buttercup132
02-12-2007, 07:43 PM
I have two best friends that I couldn't choose between.

The one I met in 5th grade. My dad's friend's daughter became friends with her and then we all started to hang out and well we have been crazy best friends ever since. I've never got into a stupid petty girl fight with her ever and I can talk to her about ANYTHING. We have alot in common with the way we think about things and everything.

My other friend I met in girl guides when I was little but we were never friends. I knew her just as the girl I went to guides with in school. Well the friend above had classes with her and after she broke up with her boyfriend last spring she started hanging out with us because her other friends wer being mean to her and we just hit it off right away and became inseperable. We are known as the loud annoying ones out of our friends and are alot alike in that way. I've only been friends with her for less then a year and I've done some things to hurt her alot but I think that made us even better friends once we got over that.

I have alot in common with both of them but everything in common is different for both of them. I don't like other girls very much and really only have 2 close girl friends I have one other good friend but I don't talk to her much. The rest of my friends are guys.

slick
02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
I had no best friends until I came on Pet Talk. Now I have the bestest friends in the whole wide world. :) :cool:

chocolatepuppy
02-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I met my two best friends at work. One no longer works with me but we are still friends. I'm talking about the kind of friend you can tell anything. ;) My third best friend, I met on Pet Talk. :)

luvofallhorses
02-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I have 5 best friends that I can't choose between. :)

the first one I met in the 4th grade. I was the new girl and school and kept on following her around everywhere since I was so shy nobody would talk to me and we would hang out all the time.

the 2nd best friend I met in the 6th grade and I was the new girl in school again and lived right across the street from her. I don't live too far away from her now.

my 3rd best friend, I met in 4-h and are both horse nuts. We would always hang out and her parents divorced so she moved away. :( but we still get to see each other.

and my other 2 best friends I met here on pet talk. :D

CathyBogart
02-12-2007, 08:10 PM
I met my best friend, Todd, when he tried to pick me up in a bar. ;) I told him I had a boyfriend, and we ended up chatting and then going out to breakfast at a 24 hour diner. He was so embarassed after trying to pick up a taken woman that he wouldn't take my number, so I got his instead. Now he's great friends with me and my BF. :)

Suki Wingy
02-12-2007, 08:44 PM
I have yet to :( I have so many aquaintances and "friends" at school but I haven't hung out with anyone in over 2 years and it's really taking a tole on me. Every time I try and set something up it just backfires. Besides, socializing is a very taxing endevor.

Alysser
02-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Well one, I met last year in 7th grade. She moved here from Florida, and we just hit it off I guess. We fight constantly but we get over it lol... :D You all know her as I_luv_rusty.

One is my neighbor. Me and her have fought majorly(I wouldnt even call it that) once and we've been friends for almost a year. She's in 7th grade.

2 I knew already, but we really didn't talk until last year and we were really good friends. Now we are best friends.

My friend, Rachel, I've known for sooooo long. I met her in elmentry school but we didn't talk much because I guess we weren't in the the same classes. Now we are best friends again.

One I got as a gift after open heart surgery, she's in my siggy. ;) The other is also a little white bird that goes by the name of "star". :D

dab_20
02-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Well, it was my first school year here in UT. I came here nervous, confused, not knowing ANYONE at all. My first hour was gym and a girl named Nekabari came over, introduced herself, and introduced me to my now-best friend, Trisha. Although I'm still close to Nekabari, too. Me and Trisha have gotten to know each other more and more over the last few months and now we are inseperable! (sp?) I can talk to her about anything and everything, and vice versa. We just talked on the phone for our longest today... 3 1/2 hours!! And let me say that I am not a phone person. lol

And of course, I guess you could consider my boyfriend my best friend also. Trisha introduced me to him, because they are close friends.

I_luv_rusty
02-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Well I have a few :p

Alyssa, (like she said above) I was like the new kid when I moved from Florida last year. She was in my LA class and we just started talking in class and then I saw her on my bus around the first/second week of school and I was like Am I on the wrong bus? Then we found out that she lived down the street from me.

I met alot of my friends through friends. Rachel through alyssa, and she was in my SS class (in 7th) so I sort of talked to her in there then we became good friends. Then Mica, I met through my friend Jazmin. She was in SS and LA so then we became good friends. Now theres some people I met this year through friends that were becoming good friends but not their yet. Theirs a few more people, but mainly these are my best best best friends that I can pretty much tell anything to.

Then I have 2 best friends in Florida. I met them both because they were new and sat next to me. Then we pretty much talked and one of them all through 5th i didn't talk (we were in no class together) but then in 6th we were best friends again. I remember how that one would fight over me with this girl in my class, cuz they both wanted me to just be all for them haha. :p But even though were so far apart now and I never see them, we still online constantly and through emails/myspace. The other day on myspace my best friends from like kindergarden-2nd grade requested me, its scary how I hadn't talked to me in forever (since like 6th grade) and then she just found me on myspace.

cmayer31
02-12-2007, 10:03 PM
My true best friend I met through school. Our last names are very close, so we were always seated next to each other from 3rd grade and stayed best friends into college. Even though I rarely talk to him anymore and I haven't seen any of my friends from back home in years, I'd still consider him my best friend. My best friend here I met through work and ended up being roommates even though we don't work for the same company any more.

Cincy'sMom
02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I met my best friend when her family moved into our neighborhood. I was in 4th grade, so I guess that means we've been friends for about 22 years. She lives in St. Louis now, so we don't see each other as often as used to.

I have 3 other "best friends" from school, one grew up in my neighborhood and I've known since I was about 4-5, one I met playing softball in 3rd grade, and another that I went to school with and met when I was a freshman. The first two still live in my home town, about 45 minutes away, the other lives here in Toledo. Although I'm not sure all 5 of us have managed to get together at the same time recently, 4 of us (not always the same 4), seem to figure it out every so often.

Another best friend, I met at work about 6 years ago. She changed jobs 4 years ago, and talked me into coming over to the same company a year later.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I've had a few best friends in my life. I met Julia in the the 6th grade. I was new to that school, and Julia invited me to her 13th birthday party. That was 11 years ago now! I don't get to see her that much because I live in Denver and she lives in Houston, but we see each other when we can and talk on the phone. :)

I still know my best friend from kindergarten, too! I haven't seen her in a few years, because I moved away in the 3rd grade, but we still write to each other.

I also have two good friends that I met in college, when we all lived in Russia together. We have all moved to different places though so I don't get to see them either!

Sophist
02-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I met my best friend through an old job. People were (and still are) shocked when we became friends. He's a man in his fifties who's very anti-religion and anti-politics. I was a teenage girl who taught sunday school and was running for office. We've actually seen each other through some really tough times, and have been best friends for about 7 or 8 years now.

M&M's Mommy
02-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I have two very best friends. I met my best girlfriend when we shared the same desk in ... Kindergarten class!. Yep, I've known my best friend for almost 30 years!! She is the one constance in my life, and I'm hers.

I met by best guyfriend when he joined me in 5th grade... so, we've been best of friends for more than 20 years now...

Reachoutrescue
02-13-2007, 12:35 AM
I met my best friend, Chris, in college in 1995. He was a tutor in the computer lab and I was always in there doing papers and writing poems. He read one of my poems and helped me make it better. Chris always tried to act like he was a big bad a**, but I saw right through that! We got to be really close and never over stepped the friendship boundries. He was always there for me from day one, and I for him. He is my best friend and one of my heros. He is one of the people who encouraged me to start my rescue. I would be lost with out him. He is my very best friend.

K9karen
02-13-2007, 12:54 AM
I met my best friend, Bev in kiddiegarden!! :D Ehhh. we're talking 50 years ago, folks! We still talk 2-3x a day, her family is my family etc. She's definitely more than a best friend. She's part of my heart and I don't know what I'd do without her.

Miss Z
02-13-2007, 05:15 AM
I met both of my best friends, rather boringly, at school. :p Katherine was in the same maths set as me in first year, and you know, we just got talking. We both found out that we shared a love for animals and that was really what made us become friends.

I wasn't in the same form as Katherine for both first and second years so for most lessons we were apart. However, in second year I started visiting her form room more at break and lunchtimes and got introduced to Katherine's other friend, Victoria. In third year we all ended up in the same form, and when my other friend, Sarah, left the school, we just always stuck together. Now we are rarely seen apart!

pitc9
02-13-2007, 09:59 AM
2 of my best friends, Marla and Sherry, and I met when we were in 1st grade, we're all still close and we all in each other's weddings the past few years.
(we're all in our early 30's now! :eek: )
Thats a Long time!!

The best part of it was when we were in 5th grade, Marla's Uncle and Sherry's mom got married!! So they became cousions by marriage!
How Fun was THAT!! :D

My other best friend I met when she started dating my hubby's best friend back in 2001. She and I are so much alike it's scary!!! :eek:
We even look alike! Everywhere we go people ask if we're sisters!
I love it!

ramanth
02-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I met my first best friend when we were in 3rd grade! In fact when my family moved from Lansing to Eaton Rapids, my old teacher recommended that I repeat 3rd grade. If I hadn't, I probably never would of met her!

We are still best friends to this day and have had plenty of ups and downs. In the same year we stood up for each others weddings. :D

I don't see her as often as I would like, but we keep in touch on a regular basis. :)

My other best friend I met in the 4th grade through Girl Scouts. We went to different grade schools but the three of us hung out once we hit Junior High and High School. :D

moosmom
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I have 2 best friends. Susie, I've known since junior high school. We are soul sisters.

Susan I've known since I was a year old. Her parents and mine were best friends, so naturally all the kids became good friends. Susan and Susie have been there for me throughout everything...my divorce, Amy's brain tumor, my hospitalization, you name it! I just don't know how I would've survived had they not been there for me. They are both the kinds of friends you can say anything to, confide your deepest secrets.

GreyhoundGirl
02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
We had a math project and she was sitting beside me so I asked if she'd like to work with me She said sure.... haha... well, let's just say we didn't get much work done on the project that afternoon. :p